• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Great damn episode. Like others said, David Pro actually pulled through and made Angelo fight way more engaging. Art is great, pacing is great, and I'm pretty sure this might be my favorite ED out of the Jojos.

Jaxec

Damn what an awesome episode! The direction was amazing and those transitions were sick. The pacing is really great and I hope DP keeps it up. I'm also really enjoying the soundtrack a lot. Jotaro's theme slowed down is damn menacing. The Nijimura brothers are next and I can't wait.

cntr

Banned
Aw man "You really can shit!" guy was off'd almost comedically in the manga imo, but I actually felt a bit queesy seeing DP's adaptation of the scene. Angelo comes across as signifcantly more menacing and disturbing in the anime than I would have expected.
Plus, Josuke's grandpa is relatable enough in the anime that you feel bad that he died.

Skrams

Some pretty graphic scenes at the start. Gross. I'm actually thankful to the dumb censoring. Anyway, I didn't like the fight much. I hoped that Josuke would be different from Jotaro, but the trick with the glove was the most Jotaro-like thing ever. I hoped for some crazy use of his stand. At least that freaky Angelo is gone.

I mean, he punched his mom through the gut with a bottle and sort of fixed the problem in 5 seconds. That seemed pretty tricky to me.

I didn't noticed the transitions somehow when watching it for the first time. I blinked and missed the sickest shit like phone to car.

I really like the style of the OP, but it does look a few things will be added over time. ED is pretty on point and fits my feeling of Part 4.

J@hranimo

Banned
DIU Ep 2

Oh fuck yeah this is off to a great start! Josuke could become my favorite Jojo easily just based on sheer smarts so far.

OP and ED are fucking on point. I love you David Pro

Angelo got fucking rocked in this episode. Idiot picked a fight with TWO Joestars.

And I can bet that the OP isn't CG because it's gonna be an evolving one as the season goes on.

Thud

GREATO DAZE

1cq7IGn.png

looked like a penis for a sec.

Crocodile

Great episode. Better than the first one. The fight was exciting and as cliche as the bit with the grandfather was, I thought the direction and delivery was on point for the little amount of time they had. Makes me feel good about the production to hear they were both done better in the anime than in the manga. A few unfortunate off-model shots though.

OP (no CGI?) was a pretty big step down from the first 4 and ED was just ok.

I think its more that the enemies in Part 4 are naturally more suited to fight Josuke. You can't punch Steam and beat it.

Jotaro didn't have a problem with that when fighting Justice a decade ago :p

Permanently A

OP and ED are fucking on point. I love you David Pro

Angelo got fucking rocked in this episode. Idiot picked a fight with TWO Joestars.

And I can bet that the OP isn't CG because it's gonna be an evolving one as the season goes on.

And the best part is that David Pro made Angelo seem like a legitimate and terrifying threat. I mean the first villain could have straight up killed them both if Josuke wasn't channeling his father.

What Josuke did to Angelo is savage. Can't Angelo still use his stand to kill people though since he's still alive?

I'm wondering how Angelo is still alive. Josuke has the power to allow organs and rocks to coexist within a persons torso? Or is he whole inside that rock and they go and feed and water him regularly?

Just saw the episode and the quality is still good. Could see this taking part 2 as the best adaptation of Jojo. So much good stuff to come.

Crocodile

Oh yeah that's a good point. For all the "I'm not going to kill you Angelo", they straight up killed that guy. Even if his organs worked in the rock, he would still starve/dehydrate in short order.

Probably not a good idea to suck in the dude who can make you explode from inside out tho!

Did Jotaro himself inhale Justice at all or just Star Platinum? Then again, can Justice even hurt you if you don't have a cut somewhere on your body?

dan2026

I'm wondering how Angelo is still alive. Josuke has the power to allow organs and rocks to coexist within a persons torso? Or is he whole inside that rock and they go and feed and water him regularly?

There is a bit more to Angelo's story yet next episode.
Don't worry all will be explained.

jett

D-Member
Disappointed the OP doesn't have crazy awesome CG.

Episode was great, and ED song is aight lol. I remember that song from my childhood.

Permanently A

Disappointed the OP doesn't have crazy awesome CG.

Episode was great, and ED song is aight lol. I remember that song from my childhood.

It probably doesn't have CG because they're going to update it as the show goes on.

Also I can't be the only one who thought the CG was ugly, right?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omfg. This episode was fucking amazing. I loved the music, the transitions, and the animation. So good. So fucking good.

Episode 2

As many people said before, the transitions in this episode were absolutely amazing, especially the Jotaro-phone-to-car and the Rebuilding-the-wall ones. The OP is good, though I'm a bit disappointed there's no CG, seeing as all the other OPs were mostly CG. I think it will grow on me throughout the season, same thing happened with End of the World, which started out as my least favourite before moving up to the Number 2 spot. The ED caught me by surprise, though I have to say I really like it. I also liked the foreshadowing in the opening.

As for the fight itself, it was really good. The attention to detail DP put in was fantastic. I was laughing at the end when the "Morioh Landmark" sign came up. Also, Josuke seems to take after both his nephew and his father when it comes to fighting. The glove seemed more like something Jotaro would do.

Top Bottom