• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Hey guys what's going on in this thread?

dog-6_wh8l7p.jpg
Funny-masks-half-a-face-mask-with-a-bulldog.jpg

Cfi_Ob3WsAAzu2I.jpg

Really weak episode. Writer could have at least had Koichi show up to offer a shoulder to cry on. Making him turn around and be absent from the episode was a baffling literary decision.

OP is best of the JJBA ops though. Song actually got me all into it, and the mini dancing was pretty fun.

Tizoc

Cfi_Ob3WsAAzu2I.jpg

Really weak episode. Writer could have at least had Koichi show up to offer a shoulder to cry on. Making him turn around and be absent from the episode was a baffling literary decision.

OP is best of the JJBA ops though. Song actually got me all into it, and the mini dancing was pretty fun.

He'll get his time to shine soon enough~

jgminto

That was incredible episode, the amazing visual style and commitment to go totally disturbing with Angelo made what was a fairly forgettable opening fight in the manga a lot more exciting. The OP was also fantastic and I love the choice of Savage Garden as the ED, they were actually a pretty big part of music for me in the 90's.

Feltrol

Banned
I didn't like the OP. It reminded me of Battle Tendency's, and I considerered that one the "worst" (still good, but not my style) out of all the openings -- the best one being Stardust Crusader's 2nd OP IMO.

The ending is growing on me, though.

I didn't like the OP. It reminded me of Battle Tendency's, and I considerered that one the "worst" (still good, but not my style) out of all the openings -- the best one being Stardust Crusader's 2nd OP IMO.

Stardust's second OP is easily the worst so far-_-

battle tendency easily had the best OP though

battle tendency easily had the best OP though

Battle Tendency = Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 > Stardust Crusaders Part 1 > Phantom Blood >>> Stardust Crusaders Part 2

imo

This new one has. . .a relaxed energy to it? I think it fits because it looks like DiU is all about crazy things happening in an otherwise normal town.

Matsukaze

OP-wise, for me:
Phantom Blood > Battle Tendency > Diamond Part 1 = Crusaders Part 1 > Other > Crusaders Part 2

Sono Chi No Sadame is still the best. None of the other songs get me as pumped.

FluxWaveZ

The OP's nice but, although I haven't read the manga so I know nothing of this part aside from what's been shown,
I felt like the OP telegraphed the eventuality that Koichi will get his own stand at some point.

Obviously don't want an answer whether that's right or wrong, but it stuck out to me immediately.

Awesome episode, of course. I thought that the enemy stand kind of sucked after the explanation that it could only properly travel through liquids, but the final encounter did make it seem pretty scary.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
OP is pretty great, I think.

The ED looks poor though. Song choice was fine, at least. Caught me off guard lol.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
OP-wise, for me:
Phantom Blood > Battle Tendency > Diamond Part 1 = Crusaders Part 1 > Other > Crusaders Part 2

Sono Chi No Sadame is still the best. None of the other songs get me as pumped.
Sono Chi No Sadame is basically the franchise theme song (at the very least me), it's fairly universal in use, the original and almost synonymous when I hear the word jojo.

Bloody Stream is still somewhat tense, it's just a lot more upbeat to match Joseph's attitude and style. The vocals and the rhythm aren't particularly "not serious", it's just the brass that makes it seem goofier than it actually is. Really the whole thing comes across as a dafter Bond theme.

Now, this new OP, this is a pop song through and through.

Mista Koo

Damn the part with the dog.. I was eating :(

I wasn't looking forward to Angelo since his stand seemed boring. That changed the moment I saw the rain, they made it really intense. In a way they combined a bunch of SC stands in one.
Oh and I'm loving Crazy Diamond, it can be a badass punch ghost as well as a trickster Joseph would be proud of. Heck I'm loving the art it made when it destroyed furniture!

I'm officially super hyped.

convo

David really showing strength in presenting how the cast will have to handle enemy stands, it's a puzzle that requires quick thinking and the ability to handle complete nonsense at moments notice. Presentation is ace and the transitions are out of control!
Angelo got rekt.

Dugna

What makes a good OP isn't just the song, its also the visuals and how it relates to said show or part of show. So overall every single Jojo OP has been pretty great, my favorite track is still Bloody Stream for listening but thats it.

New OP is pretty good though, can't wait for the full version so we can really get to dancing.

LogicStep

I want to start watching this but I'm not sure what all I should watch or where to start because of the names of these anime. Anyone kind enough to tell me where to start and what to watch and the order?

Welfare

I want to start watching this but I'm not sure what all I should watch or where to start because of the names of these anime. Anyone kind enough to tell me where to start and what to watch and the order?

Phantom Blood is part 1. Start there. Watch that, Battle Tendency (Part 2) and Stardust Crusaders (Part 3). Diamond is Unbreakable is part 4.

the anime has 4 different season

the first one covers part 1 and 2

the second and third cover part 3

the fourth one (which is airing right now) is covering part 4

so just watch the anime for the very first episode

I assume Koichi is going to get a stand that's design is a secret and that there's another main character to be introduced hence the rather awkward pause in the OP when he appears in the montage where the cast shows off their stands? That and when they introduce the 4th

Jaxec

Watch it in this order:
Jojo's Bizarre Arventure (2012) [Parts 1 & 2] - 26 Ep
Stardust Crusaders (2014) [First Half of Part 3] - 24
Stardust Crusaders Battle in Egypt [Second Half] - 24
Diamond is Unbreakable (Current) [Part 4]

petran79

Banned
Wow, they actually made Aqua Necklace seem really scary and dynamic. I always thought of it as one of the more plain Part 4 fights, like a leftover from Part 3.

Also I was a bit puzzled when it seemed like they were going to cut something from the end of the fight, but then I realized they have to show it anyway for story reasons so it'll be at the beginning of the next episode.

First time I was really satisfied with the introductory episodes of a Jojo series. Manga material also helps but David Pro seem to have improved a lot, using the right ratio of animation and still frames. Still frame monologues of Stardust Crusaders were getting quite annoying.

OP: I guess the super detailed models would'nt fit for this particular season, so this will probably grow on me. And I didn't like Sono Chi no Kioku at first so what the hell do I know?

EP: What to make Angelo and AN not the jobbler first villans you'd think they would be. Really nice all around

ED: It's...fine I guess? It doesn't really have a thematic fit like Walk Like an Egyptian or Last Train Home had but I guess they can't all be winners.

No Smash Mouth ED
latest

We'll get you yet...

Top Bottom