• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Diamond is Unbreakable 02

New OP is great but this series has a track record for great OPs so it should surprise no one. ED is also spectacular.

Oh my God I don't remember if Part 4 was always like this but the ultraviolence is M.D. Geist levels. Dude bites a dogs head off (thanks Araki) and then spits the blood down the owners throat so his Stand can get in and pops out his head. It's almost funny.

I absolutely love the details being put into the background. Future locations and characters are hidden all the over the place. It's great. The transitions are so fucking slick.

D-Man

Just watched the episode. I really like how they did the Angelo fight. It was great.

The OP fits super well and the song is catchy, so I'm pretty pleased with that. ED was chill. I wanted JoJo Action, but I'll take what we got.

Tizoc

Awww they skipped a few stuff like this-
37JvByb.jpg
And also Josuke talking about Grandfather a bit and why he's a cop, as well as his motivation to watch over Morioh.

Also dat Koichi scene lol.

Qurupeke

uZhMcQm.jpg

Another Jojo, another dog dies.

Some pretty graphic scenes at the start. Gross. I'm actually thankful to the dumb censoring. Anyway, I didn't like the fight much. I hoped that Josuke would be different from Jotaro, but the trick with the glove was the most Jotaro-like thing ever. I hoped for some crazy use of his stand. At least that freaky Angelo is gone.

Tizoc

Some pretty graphic scenes at the start. Gross. I'm actually thankful to the dumb censoring. Anyway, I didn't like the fight much. I hoped that Josuke would be different from Jotaro, but the trick with the glove was the most Part 2 Joseph-like thing ever. I hoped for some crazy use of his stand. At least that freaky Angelo is gone.

Fixed~

Moaradin

Some pretty graphic scenes at the start. Gross. I'm actually thankful to the dumb censoring. Anyway, I didn't like the fight much. I hoped that Josuke would be different from Jotaro, but the trick with the glove was the most Jotaro-like thing ever. I hoped for some crazy use of his stand. At least that freaky Angelo is gone.

I'm not getting Jotaro vibes from Josuke at all.

Guess Who

Banned
I'm feeling this so much more than Stardust Crusaders already. The art style, the use of color, the direction, it's all so much better.

Can we talk about the transitions in this goddamn episode. If this is what I have to look forward to then the upcoming episodes are going to be amazing.

Oh no. My tweeter has been exposed

I'm feeling this so much more than Stardust Crusaders already. The art style, the use of color, the direction, it's all so much better.

Diamond is Unreakable is way better then SC so thats only natural

Damn these transitions.
Damn these colours.
Damn that pacing.

Angelo was pretty boring in the manga, they did an amazing job. Can't wait to get to the more exciting moments.

I thought this episode was fantastic. I love the location, the colors, the style of animation. I didn't like part 3 as much due to Jotaro, but this is great so far.

Defuser

Holy shit, I didn't expect Savage Garden to be the ED. And Josuke is quite creative with his stand. I don't like the fact that each previous Jojo starts to lose their smarts. First Joseph now Jotaro.

Holy shit, I didn't expect Savage Garden to be the ED. And Josuke is quite creative with his stand. I don't like the fact that each previous Jojo starts to lose their smarts. First Joseph now Jotaro.

I think its more that the enemies in Part 4 are naturally more suited to fight Josuke. You can't punch Steam and beat it.

Guess Who

Banned

Part 4 Jotaro is way more like Part 3 Jotaro than Part 3 Joseph is like Part 2 Joseph.

Tizoc

Well you can't have the old guard outstaging the protagonist of your new series...

This ain't the best animated series out right now but damn if it ain't the most stylish. That transition from Jotaro hanging up the phone to him getting in his car was the slickest shit like fuck man. I had such high expectations for a part 4 anime that I actually thought it was unfair but this fucking anime has blown past them so far.

Wow that OP was absolutely fantastic. Loved the transitions, the colour, and everything really about the episode itself, too. ED was pretty good, I'm happy about no Smash Mouth but I would've liked Build Me Up Buttercup or something instead of Savage Garden.

Nottle

Well you can't have the old guard outstaging the protagonist of your new series...

Hinting at Jotaro's role in the series:
Jotaro is still super useful and participates in some of the larger fights. IIRC enemy stand users straight up try to avoid Jotaro because some are aware that if they got within 10 feet of the guy it's game over. Jotaro's true curse is that he is sort of too competent that Araki needs to make him too far away or just not paying attention so he doesn't just win. Sort of like every time he helped Polnareff. Like its almost surprising how much screen time he gets later on combined with Koichi and Rohan.

TWILT

Banned
I forgot how brutal JoJos can get lol. Great episode this week; really shows why Josuke is probably my favorite JoJo. Transitions were godlike and everything was as stylish as always.

The OP song is rad as hell, though I admit I'm kinda disappointed the ED wasn't All Star >>;

Kaizer

Banned
Damn, that intro with the dog was brutal, was actually thankful for the censoring lol. The actual fight was awesome & the transitions this episode were amazing, David Pro is so damn slick. I vaguely remember hearing the ED song, but I enjoyed it regardless. Overall a really great episode!

Squishy3

Damn, that intro with the dog was brutal, was actually thankful for the censoring lol. The actual fight was awesome & the transitions this episode were amazing, David Pro is so damn slick. I vaguely remember hearing the ED song, but I enjoyed it regardless. Overall a really great episode!
I honestly forgot about him biting the dog's head off, so I was just like:

damm-ice-cube-chris-tucker-friday-film.gif

It happens so quickly too.

I was hoping the OP would be more of a laid back affair, and I got it. I miss the CG, but the sheer amount of color going on makes up for it. The episode itself looked fabulous as well.
I'm not familiar with the ED, but it works.

Ascheroth

Diamond is Unbreakable - 02

YESSSSSSSSSS.
Great OP, really fitting for this part although it threw me a bit off in the beginning that it wasn't the usual CG style. ED was great as well.
DavidPro is seriously going all out here, they're elevating the source material up into the stratosphere, can't wait when we're actually getting to some of the really crazy stands.
Josuke is brutal.

Aw man "You really can shit!" guy was off'd almost comedically in the manga imo, but I actually felt a bit queesy seeing DP's adaptation of the scene. Angelo comes across as signifcantly more menacing and disturbing in the anime than I would have expected.

Chairhome

FANTASTIC. I wish more of my friends watched this so they could experience the splendor of Jojo.

I thought they would drag it out, but they went right to it. Great ep. Can't wait for more.
I'm kind of glad I forgot things from the manga, makes things fresh again :-D

Qurupeke

Aw man "You really can shit!" guy was off'd almost comedically in the manga imo, but I actually felt a bit queesy seeing DP's adaptation of the scene. Angelo comes across as signifcantly more menacing and disturbing in the anime than I would have expected.

He's obviously fodder, but yeah, he seemed very menacing to me. Nothing like the characters at the start of Stardust Crusaders.

Top Bottom