• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

This motherfucker bit that dogs head off...
idYCxoL.gif

Jotaro says that no stand can bring back life. I immediately start wondering if there's a stand in a future part that brings back life.

Jotaro says that no stand can bring back life. I immediately start wondering if there's a stand in a future part that brings back life.

Why think foward when we have Jotaro, the guy who used Star Platinum to kickstart Joseph's heart back to life, right after Joseph had a knife go through a major artery in his neck and had MOST of his blood drained. "Nuh, people die when they are killed. No matter what your fixing stand can do, your grandpa will just wave goodbye as his ghost transcends into the afterlife."

Why think foward when we have Jotaro, the guy who used Star Platinum to kickstart Joseph's heart back to life, right after Joseph had a knife go through a major artery in his neck and had MOST of his blood drained. "Nuh, people die when they are killed. No matter what your fixing stand can do, your grandpa will just wave goodbye as his ghost transcends into the afterlife."
I completely forgot about that. I was thinking more along the lines of some Orochimaru reanimation jutsu bullshit.
Magician's Red
Is this a play on how they had to kill Avdol twice?

Madao

clearly it was Joseph cheating death.

that sneaky old man...

Squishy3

I mean even with Jojo logic I think there's a difference between having the blood sucked out of your body (and then having blood pumped back in after force-restarting a heart) and drinking a Stand that did who knows what to him.

Welfare

And Joseph had his blood sucked by DIO, a vampire, and came back like a champ.

Joseph is one big cheat.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Everything about episode 2 was complete quality, starting wth the OP, ED is unexpected but super welcome

Keyouta

First two episodes were a great adaptation of the manga. The OP and ED will grow on me, and I'm really enjoying the use of colour this season too.

TheOGB

Banned

foxuzamaki

It actually makes a lot of sense for Jotaro, though. People just think of him as having some kind of bad ass personality because he's an enormous beefcake, but really he just seems like an introvert shut-in. It makes a lot of sense that someone like him would pursue a career in academia.

Even in Part 4 where he's in his late twenties, he gets immediately flustered when a bunch of strangers show up and can't deal with the situation in a normal way at all. "Josuke, get rid of them." "I hate it when girls make a fuss! Scram!"

And Part 3 is a goldmine for that stuff. At 17 years old, he doesn't really seem to have any good friends and Kakyoin immediately becomes like his bestie. And later, when Rubber Soul impersonates Kakyoin, Jotaro isn't immediately suspicious when his friend starts suplexing pickpockets and eating bugs, but notices right away when he does the cherry trick incorrectly. Jotaro also does one-liners about leaving receipts like he's an accountant played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'd be very surprised if Araki didn't base Jotaro at least partially on a real person who's on the autism spectrum, because a ton of that shit is on point.

Sorry, was just reading back and saw this post, this is amazing

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
to this day even after reading part 4, I still wonder how Angelo didn't just pull his Stand back into him, or control the stand once it was freed after being stoned

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Roundabout covered Part 2 right, and so far it is the best ED to date.

But what if Part 2 got its own ED? Suddenly something popped in my head.

Breathless by The Corrs.

I mean fuck, look at the first verse and tell me if that doesn't scream Battle Tendency

The daylight's fading slowly
The time with you is standing still
I'm waiting for you only
The slightest touch and I feel weak
I cannot lie, from you I cannot hide
And I'm losing the will to try
Can't hide it (can't hide it), can't fight it (can't fight it)

So go on, go on, come on, leave me breathless
Tempt me, tease me, until I can't deny
This loving feeling (loving feeling)
Make me long for your kiss
Go on (go on), go on (go on)
Yeah...
Come on
Yeah...

seriously!

foxuzamaki

Jotaro himself has a stand that evolved from just being super fast and can punch real good, to being able to literally stop time.

If he tries hard enough, im almost completely sure josuke could revive people from a hundred years ago if he chooses to haha

Fandangox

Were there this many fan edits of previous EDs? Are people really that upset about Savage Garden?

I don't think anyone is upset at all, this probably was just born out of the combination of the ALL STAR ED meme (most likely being the very first edit thanks to that) and the fact that the ending is just somewhat slow pan over the city a lot of music can fit well in it.

Were there this many fan edits of previous EDs? Are people really that upset about Savage Garden?
I think lots of people already had something in mind beforehand and are just having some fun with it, I don't think you can get mad at the Savage Garden choice, it's not as polarizing as All Star would be(it'd still be amazing because it's so stupid).

Tunahead

I don't even understand how the All Star meme came about. It's been a long while since I read DiU but I don't particularly remember anything that fits with the lyrics. There's no cool lead in section for dramatic cliffhangers. Is it just because there was a JoJo game called All Star Battle? Or is it because people are salty over the lost opportunity of having All Star as the ED of Stardust Crusaders, wherein The World literally rolls someone?

Top Bottom