• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Reszo

The scene
where Josuke turned super-saiyan for a second then said he was calm was probably my favorite scene in this episode, the music and tension was perfect

Philippo

WOW this show is pure quality, ep.1 was already GUREITO DAZE, but this one had me completely hooked.
I was worried it would have been a bit on the low-budget side, but this is top tier stuff.

OP and ED will grow on me, but they fit and those vids are so freaking fabulous.

Also, somebody should go on and make an edit version of the ED with Another One Bites the Dust.

daevious

I don't even understand how the All Star meme came about. It's been a long while since I read DiU but I don't particularly remember anything that fits with the lyrics. There's no cool lead in section for dramatic cliffhangers. Is it just because there was a JoJo game called All Star Battle? Or is it because people are salty over the lost opportunity of having All Star as the ED of Stardust Crusaders, wherein The World literally rolls someone?

It's because the internet wanted to make Shrek jokes.

That's literally all it was. The fact it would've actually fit Part 4 is a nice bonus.

munchie64

I don't even understand how the All Star meme came about. It's been a long while since I read DiU but I don't particularly remember anything that fits with the lyrics. There's no cool lead in section for dramatic cliffhangers. Is it just because there was a JoJo game called All Star Battle? Or is it because people are salty over the lost opportunity of having All Star as the ED of Stardust Crusaders, wherein The World literally rolls someone?
I think at first it was because All Star was like a number 1 in 1999 or something, like Walk Like an Egyptian was in 1987.

Then cause of Shrek and general craziness it lasted on.

anyone have a gif of that transition of Jotaro on the phone and then to the car?

339.gif

Did you people really thing some rando anime people could afford a song that was in Shrek?

I enjoyed both the OP and ED more than ones season 2 of part 3 had, so there's that at least.

ionitron

The scene
where Josuke turned super-saiyan for a second then said he was calm was probably my favorite scene in this episode, the music and tension was perfect

I laughed so much that after a few seconds I paused the episode to watch it again lmao.

Did you people really thing some rando anime people could afford a song that was in Shrek?

I enjoyed both the OP and ED more than ones season 2 of part 3 had, so there's that at least.

If they can afford Yes and The Bangles, I don't see why they can't afford Smash Mouth.

Doesn't the studio have rights to it? Or am I misremembering.
Either way it was also in that B Superhero movie with Ben Stiller as that man that got really angry and the man who could become invisible as long as no one was watching him.

I keep watching the ED on YouTube, might be my favorite one yet. They definitely did not disappoint with either OP or ED and that's saying something since everyone had high expectations.

Jaxec

I didn't like the OP when I first heard it, but after awhile it's really starting to grow on me. Really like the feel and it's appropriate for this part. The "crazy noise bizarre town" part still seems kind of weird though. The ending is actually pretty damn good to. Didn't think to highly of it at first, but like with the OP it does grow on you. The visuals are also beautiful. Anime Josuke looks damn good. I can only imagine of good the next JoJos would look.

I really enjoy the opening song - not as hype as either of Stardust Crusaders', but it's great. I am disappointed by the opening animation itself, though.

Siegcram

I really enjoy the opening song - not as hype as either of Stardust Crusaders', but it's great. I am disappointed by the opening animation itself, though.
Same here. It's a great song and fits with the tone of part 4, but it's not as visually interesting as Sono Chi no Kioku.

There are still some nice easter eggs for manga readers in there though. Also, that ED is the truth.

Nightbird

I didn't like the OP when I first heard it, but after awhile it's really starting to grow on me. Really like the feel and it's appropriate for this part. The "crazy noise bizarre town" part still seems kind of weird though. The ending is actually pretty damn good to. Didn't think to highly of it at first, but like with the OP it does grow on you. The visuals are also beautiful. Anime Josuke looks damn good. I can only imagine of good the next JoJos would look.

I've been singing that "crazy noisy bizarre Town" randomly multiple times today.
It's stuck in my head!

Permanently A

I can't find it, but there was a tumblr post about how each ED had something in common (I think it had to do with sales or popularity in their time period), and that if that pattern was to be followed All Star would be the next ED.

Were there this many fan edits of previous EDs? Are people really that upset about Savage Garden?

I don't think there were as many fan edits, but I don't think people are upset. I feel it's more like "what-if" scenarios, kind of like when people added Holy Diver to Dio's introduction in SC, or added Roundabout transitions to the endings of certain episodes in Seasons 2 and 3.

I like some of the fan edits, but I'm still happy with the song choice they went with.

Same here. It's a great song and fits with the tone of part 4, but it's not as visually interesting as Sono Chi no Kioku.

There are still some nice easter eggs for manga readers in there though. Also, that ED is the truth.

Let's be honest, it's more that Sono Chi no Kioku set a really high bar than anything else. Good god that opening...

Siegcram

Let's be honest, it's more that Sono Chi no Kioku set a really high bar than anything else. Good god that opening...
Part 1 and 2 are up there too, they just had a lot less stuff to work with. The whole staircase sequence of Sono Chi no Sadame is incredible and full of references (actual first appearance of Josuke).
But Sono Chi no Kioku is certainly the gold standard right now. But if they use Queen in a future OP/ED ...

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Is Josuke's power simply healing-related or is it also reversal of time? Or is it a deal where he might achieve time reversal in the future like how Jotaro learned how to stop time for a small moment? I only watch the anime but I don't mind manga spoilers if someone wants to tell me.

Siegcram

Is Josuke's power simply healing-related or is it also reversal of time? Or is it a deal where he might achieve time reversal in the future like how Jotaro learned how to stop time for a small moment? I only watch the anime but I don't mind manga spoilers if someone wants to tell me.
Basically, it can revert things to their previous states. That could fall under time manipulation, but normally time-related powers are reserved for JoJo villains. Then again, Crazy Diamond resembles The World.

His power reverts things to their last state. For example, he could have fixed Jotaro's hat in ep1, but he didn't because he was running late. In the case of the robber, he simply moved the knife into his stomach as it was reverted to it's last state. You'll see him use this power in creative ways later on.

cntr

Banned
He can "repair" or "heal" things to an earlier unbroken state, but if he's angry, the repair becomes warped, like Jotaro's hat or the Angelo Stone.

Top Bottom