• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

That episode was something special, half of it spent watching Rohan awkwardly stealth through the streets, the other half with a terrifying father/son bath time.

Loved it

NandoGip

I wish I could. Jojo is so unique in so many ways that I feel that although the influence is there noone has ever attempted to do anything that even comes close to the special blend of seriousness/drama/absurdity on display in Jojo.

Wammu chain posed into 20 nazis before eating them through his finger to resurrect two other Aztec fitness gods.

Yeah man, I had no idea I was going to like it this much. I might check out Cowboy Bebop again. Haven't seen it since the Adult Swim days when I was a kid.

Episode 34

Kira was right. This was an awful year. There was some "eh?" animation this episode. Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that when Reimi says her first line, her mouth doesn't move at all?

There was a bit where Kira talked and his mouth didn't move, but his face was covered in shadow, so it wasn't as bad.

The ending to the Cheap Trick fight had me pumped, even if I knew what was going to happen. It was so satisfying. As well, the entire bit with Kira in the second half was awesome. Though I prefer the manga's version of Kira blowing up the boyfriend, I like how the anime did it. The scene with Hayato in the bath was creepy and tense as hell. Man, what a kid.

Anyway, can't wait for BITES ZA DUSTO.

StoneFox

Kira was right. This was an awful year. There was some "eh?" animation this episode. Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that when Reimi says her first line, her mouth doesn't move at all?
She's a ghost so it didn't bother me. It's weird how noticeable it is though. Maybe the blu-ray will fix it.

d9b.gif

It was either that or the dog/cat scene being removed....sadly I'll take the delivery scene removed.
Considering it directly leads to Koichi's arrival and Cheap Trick's defeat I don't see why they'd ever cut it anyways...then again they did cut the ending of the Superfly fight.

Speaking of cuts, I noticed they also took out Kira talking to the hand going like "oh alright, you can stay with me until we get to the house~"

Why was the added Jotaro scene even there anyways it's not like it added anything

The Jotaro scene totally added something, it added Jotaro the beast himself to the episode along with the ever appreciated moody sleuthing version of his part 3 theme.

Madao

Considering it directly leads to Koichi's arrival and Cheap Trick's defeat I don't see why they'd ever cut it anyways...then again they did cut the ending of the Superfly fight.

Speaking of cuts, I noticed they also took out Kira talking to the hand going like "oh alright, you can stay with me until we get to the house~"

Why was the added Jotaro scene even there anyways it's not like it added anything

Kira ended up burning the hand right there so it'd have been a pointless line.

i guess the cut content is more incentive to buy the manga. i already started collecting the volumes so i'll get to see the cut content eventually.

TheSun

Yup, gotta get em mangas, all the missing scenes sound fun.
Thank god for jojonium.

Welp, off to bites the dust. Sounds cool, whatever it is.

Breads

Banned
Awe I'm so excited for Bites the Dust. It's peak Araki writing. Oh man oh man oh man oh man.... I know certain people frown on Jojo hype but fuck me I need this right now. Don't spoil it for yourselves. That is all.

Ezalc

Fuck yeeeeeeeees, this episode was great and now it's time for Bites the Dust. Hold on to your SUTANDO people, shit's about to get wild.

Man Koichi is a little dick.

Like I understood why he didn't believe Rohan because of plot reasons but really, this man calls you up and says he is being attacked by an enemy stand when you know you are all being targeted (and Koichi even says there are enemy stands after them). But no, don't believe him. He won't show you his back or the stand because then he will die APPARENTLY.

It just grated me the wrong way.

Rohan: I'm being attacked by an enemy stand.
Koichi: Where is it?
Rohan: It's on my back. If I show you I will die.
Koichi: I don't believe you, show it to me.

Great Episode. That bathroom scene is even more awkward in the anime haha

Next week holy shit we did it boyz. The time has arrived to bite the dust.

Breads

Banned
Man Koichi is a little dick.

Like I understood why he didn't believe Rohan because of plot reasons but really, this man calls you up and says he is being attacked by an enemy stand when you know you are all being targeted (and Koichi even says there are enemy stands after them). But no, don't believe him. He won't show you his back or the stand because then he will die APPARENTLY.

It just grated me the wrong way.

Rohan: I'm being attacked by an enemy stand.
Koichi: Where is it?
Rohan: It's on my back. If I show you I will die.
Koichi: I don't believe you, show it to me.

It was character growth.

He wasn't the naive child fawning over Rohan-sensei. He was skeptical and called it how he saw it, making sure to check up on him in the end to verify his suspicion. IIRC his voice and expression literally changed from one personality to the other to illustrate this.

Let us savor this. Not only Part 4, but its adaptation as well. DiU has made for some of the best television ever. Even as someone who is quite familiar with the source material, the tension, suspense, and excitement are all still there. That's special. The handling of this four-parter in particular has been nothing short of sensational. With each line Kira delivered, chills were sent rushing down my spine ...you know, like Cheap Trick when attacked by Act 3.

dani_dc

The last entire screen needs to be cut out of context.

Wasn't pleased with the Jotaro scene, makes no sense he'd be investigating her in particular so he had no real reason to be there.

The last entire screen needs to be cut out of context.

Wasn't pleased with the Jotaro scene, makes no sense he'd be investigating her in particular so he had no real reason to be there.

One of the previous episodes had him receive a list of missing persons and the girl was in it (because she was a shit to her dad and ran off) and her bf was on the paper as well.

Grexeno

So how did Jotaro find that apartment again? That scene wasn't in the manga so I'm utterly confused as to what clues led him there.
The two people Kira killed had already been reported missing before they were killed because the girl ran away. Jotaro was investigating that.

Nyanmaruz

Man imagine if Part 4 sets in the present day, then Hayato can just easily stream all his video live on youtube or something and he won't need to worry about the evidence getting destroyed.

cntr

Banned
What a goodo episode.

I totally forgot there wasn't any censorship for Hayato in the bath scene, that made it even more awkward, goddamn.

turmoil

Banned
Man imagine if Part 4 sets in the present day, then Hayato can just easily stream all his video live on youtube or something and he won't need to worry about the evidence getting destroyed.

In the current world Kira wouldn't be able to even start his killing spree given how perfectionist he is.

Erigu

I'm not sure it makes much sense anyway. Why was he even interested in those two? They were "missing"? Before they even got killed? Despite the fact the girl was still in touch with her mother? Whah?

Top Bottom