• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Couldn't Hayato just loop again and take Kira's watch at breakfast?

With the whole fate angle, Bites Zach Dusto doesn't seem all that powerful

Pompadour

There's probably a lot of ways you could defeat Bites the Dust but the threat here is that Hayato, an 11 year old (but very smart), needs to find a way to defeat Kira before an hour elapses or all the heroes die. That's a lot of pressure for a kid that isn't a stand user.

I'm curious if Hayato couldn't just go around telling people about Kira as soon as he woke up to revert back further and further before Bites the Dust even existed. Then again, I'd imagine he'd revert back to when he was asleep maybe (although watching people die fiery deaths would startle him awake, probably).

cntr

Banned
Z3xA6Tq.jpg

sT9vhpP.jpg
The animation director's art for Bites the Dust Part 1 and 2

KarmaCow

There's probably a lot of ways you could defeat Bites the Dust but the threat here is that Hayato, an 11 year old (but very smart), needs to find a way to defeat Kira before an hour elapses or all the heroes die. That's a lot of pressure for a kid that isn't a stand user.

I'm curious if Hayato couldn't just go around telling people about Kira as soon as he woke up to revert back further and further before Bites the Dust even existed. Then again, I'd imagine he'd revert back to when he was asleep maybe (although watching people die fiery deaths would startle him awake, probably).

Is the bomb activation automatic? I thought it was something Kira set off since he monologues about how great he is just before the bomb goes off.

This is EZ pz. Josuke just needs to Crazy Diamond everyone at the moment of the explosion. Josuke dies because no self heal. Part 4 finished by Jotaro.

Pompadour

Is the bomb activation automatic? I thought it was something Kira set off since he monologues about how great he is just before the bomb goes off.

It's automatic. Basically, if Bites the Dust decides that whatever Hayato did (intentional or not) will lead to Kira being discovered the bomb activates and time reverses. Kira doesn't control it aside from attaching the bomb to Hayato initially.

This is EZ pz. Josuke just needs to Crazy Diamond everyone at the moment of the explosion. Josuke dies because no self heal. Part 4 finished by Jotaro.

The problem is Josuke has no way of knowing he's going to blow up because nobody but Hayato and Kira have any idea about Bites The Dust, let alone what it does.

Their fates have all been sealed now anyway, the only way they're escaping Bites The Dust is for Hayato to defeat it somehow. Stay tuned for next week's episode of Hayato's Bizarre Adventure!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
When Kira got "shot", I thought he was going to attack Hayato, triggering Bites the Dust on himself, rewind time, and then undo it so he doesn't die. But I guess not.

Dugna

Nah, they'd air the altered versions. They usually air new versions of openings in full at least once.

But then the problem would be if anybody watching it on there would even remember what the normal version of the OP is like, and would just think dio slowing down time is a normal thing in the OP.

cntr

Banned
But then the problem would be if anybody watching it on there would even remember what the normal version of the OP is like, and would just think dio slowing down time is a normal thing in the OP.

What? That's not going to happen.

Dugna

What? That's not going to happen.

Toonami doesn't air OPs fully at all so alot of people don't even remember what they look like fully, so yes it would happen....would you remember what the OPS look like without seeing them every week? the average person doesn't after weeks of not seeing it.

Generic OPs usually spoil everything unlike Jojo ones.

This is the first seasons OP toonami cut.

So by going off that the most that Toonami watchers would see every week is the first 15 seconds of and the last 10-15 seconds of OP which don't fully show the time freeze at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz7okoAB8uk

There would be no wow moment to the Dio freezing time part because it wouldn't feel that new.

cntr

Banned
um.

1. That's stupid.

2. It's a goddamn Jojo opening. If that's not memorable enough, I don't know what is.

3. And even if somehow this was a problem, chances are, Toonami's going to cut it to end on Jotaro's punch rush, so people would know anyway.

Dugna

um.

1. That's stupid.

2. It's a goddamn Jojo opening. If that's not memorable enough, I don't know what is.

3. And even if somehow this was a problem, chances are, Toonami's going to cut it to end on Jotaro's punch rush, so people would know anyway.

Toonami avg viewers barely know the ops to each show they watch....so pretty much it gunna be non memorable to them weeks later.

cntr

Banned
Have you actually ever watched Toonami? Or talked with people who do? Because this is literally a non-issue, and it's actually insulting that you'd believe it.

Dugna

Have you actually ever watched Toonami? Or talked with people who do? Because this is literally a non-issue, and it's actually insulting that you'd believe it.

I watched Toonami religiously, the avg viewer to it still doesn't know the OPs to each show....the sub forum on gaf or sub forums on the internet aren't the main bulk watching toonami.

Oddish1

Why would Kira give another loop? Once he sees Rohan exploded (and then the rest of them) he'll realize what's going on, cancel the stand, end the loop, and make their deaths permanent.

Man, End of the World with the sound effects is still one of my favorite OPs.

The part where all of them are standing side by side with the stands and then Jotaro walking up the stairs is just too good.

Kenstar

Man, End of the World with the sound effects is still one of my favorite OPs.

The part where all of them are standing side by side with the stands and then Jotaro walking up the stairs is just too good.

sound effects in op's and ED's are a cancer and I'm glad we've moved past them being everywhere a couple decades ago

Talents

Banned
That was such a good episode. One of the things that I'm thinking about though even though it may have nothing to do with Kira is (speculation haven't actually read the manga)
near the the start of Diamond is Unbreakable when Koichi and Okuyasu are discussing why Josuke gets so annoyed when people mock his hair, and we see a flashback with a guy pushing Josuke's car when it's stuck in the snow, is it possible that Josuke somehow gets affected by Bites the Dust and sent years and years back since the guy in the snow was injured like he'd just been in a fight?

Christine

That was such a good episode. One of the things that I'm thinking about though even though it may have nothing to do with Kira is (speculation haven't actually read the manga)
near the the start of Diamond is Unbreakable when Koichi and Okuyasu are discussing why Josuke gets so annoyed when people mock his hair, and we see a flashback with a guy pushing Josuke's car when it's stuck in the snow, is it possible that Josuke somehow gets affected by Bites the Dust and sent years and years back since the guy in the snow was injured like he'd just been in a fight?

I don't think so, back when that episode aired someone in here said that it may have been left there as a plot hook but it never gets picked up on.

Ok, what's the story behind that version? Is it a joke? It's so much worse.

Also, I still feel Part 4 got cut short. There really is a bunch of small plot threads that go nowhere. It will likely not shock anyone to realize at this point, the Invisible Baby goes nowhere for example.

It's less that it got cut short, and more that Araki just decided to drop some plot points because he didn't find a good reason to pursue them or plain forgot. This tends to happen a lot throughout JoJo, which can lead to strange situations like Avdol dying in part 3 only for him to suddenly come back out of nowhere, or how a bunch of part 4 characters seem to show up, have an episode about them, appear later on to help or something, then fade into the background forever.

You kinda learn to just go with it, since Araki isn't the kind of writer who meticulously plans out entire parts from start to finish, let alone how some major encounters play out. Sometimes things just happen.

Ok, what's the story behind that version? Is it a joke? It's so much worse.

Also, I still feel Part 4 got cut short. There really is a bunch of small plot threads that go nowhere. It will likely not shock anyone to realize at this point, the Invisible Baby goes nowhere for example.

Wait really?

I assumed the baby would help defeat Kira somehow.

Does bite the dust work if you are invisible?

Talents

Banned
Wait really?

I assumed the baby would help defeat Kira somehow.

Does bite the dust work if you are invisible?

Yeah I was trying to think if there was a character in the cast that was blind but couldn't see any while looking at the art of all the characters. Then I saw the baby with the glasses and I was thinking how weird it would be if the baby would be the one to beat Kira.

NeonZ

The extended version of the flashback showed that his uniform was different from Josuke's customized one.

I don't think it's eyesight that would allow invisible baby to be immune to Bites The Dust, but moreso the fact that it's a 1-year-old that has shown no proof it's capable of recognizing Kira is anything other than "person who isn't Joseph Joestar", thus it couldn't die from the revelation of Kira's identity.

Then again if something were to happen like KQ defending Hayato again and invisible baby sees that, well rip.

zoukka

What an awesome episode and opening. Chills down my spine throughout.

Seeing Rohan getting blown to pieces while the ghost girl watched felt so bad ;__;

I'm expecting manly tears in the coming episodes.

Most of the stories in part 4 are dedicated to a specific, in-the-moment payoff. The invisible baby storyline led to Josuke respecting his father more and that's about it.

Yukako got lucky with a follow up storyline that she got to be the protagonist of, plus the anime staff seems to treat her as a much bigger deal (has she even been in a single episode featuring the 'Great Days' opening, despite her prominent position in said opening?) .

Araki has straight up said that Shizuka (the baby) is only a plot device for bringing Josuke and Joseph closer together. Hell, the fact that they named her Shizuka is only mentioned like twice, once in the Cheap Trick chapter's character chart and on the second to last page of Part 4.

Top Bottom