• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Reimi was his first murder, so I assume he hadn't developed his weird morality and just killed her out of impulse.
I had no idea that was his first kill, would be nice if they flash back to it to give us a why and how regarding it. Can't see him just killing some person without him monologuing towards them. Now that I think about it Reimi is probably pre hand fetish cause she's not complaining about the dude taking her hand or anything, she's just pissed that he stabbed her in the back and killed her parents and dog...why aren't her parents ghosts?
he doesn't want anything bad to happen to her as it might break his cover, all he cares about is his quiet life
He actually seems to drop his guard with Shinobu since he has no problem being in an intimate space with her compared to when he first got into their house. He could've probably killed her after he gained Bites Za Dusto, but he hasn't. He even tried to kiss her, even if it was to fuck with Hayato, I don't think he'd unless he wanted to.

Astral

Fun Fact: Masahiko Komino, the character designer for Stardust Crusaders, came back to David Productions to help work on this episode (Episode 36: Another One Bites the Dust - Part 2).

Cyr3hREUUAAuN9p.jpg

What a beautiful family.

I had no idea that was his first kill, would be nice if they flash back to it to give us a why and how regarding it. Can't see him just killing some person without him monologuing towards them. Now that I think about it Reimi is probably pre hand fetish cause she's not complaining about the dude taking her hand or anything, she's just pissed that he stabbed her in the back and killed her parents and dog...why aren't her parents ghosts?

Uh, do you remember how Reimi thought it was her dog under the bed licking her hand? There was definitely a hand thing going on, although not fully realized as it is with Killer Queen in "present day".

Uh, do you remember how Reimi thought it was her dog under the bed licking her hand? There was definitely a hand thing going on, although not fully realized as it is with Killer Queen in "present day".
No, I don't thanks for the reminder I guess it was clearly in it's early stages at that point.

God DAMN.

I don't think I've ever seen any media work so harmoniously to display a plot point. Kira's flip from on the run to ultimate power drips out of every single frame in this entire episode.

Edit - Also... I can't get Killer Queen stopping Kira's fist out of my mind. He tried to flatten Hayato, and he was prevented, just like the knife...

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Kira technically won with this episode, but his new ability is way too flawed, especially if the hot coffee spill and the bubble will hit him regardless if time rewinds. You could easily make it more torture for him than Hayato in that first hour.

I love Kira and think he's a beautiful boy but he also deserves to die horribly, painfully, ORAfully because he'll just gain confidence and keep up a fake home life while going back to his secret serial killings, if Josuke and crew don't murder him bad, to death.

I love Kira and think he's a beautiful boy but he also deserves to die horribly, painfully, ORAfully because he'll just gain confidence and keep up a fake home life while going back to his secret serial killings, if Josuke and crew don't murder him bad, to death.
But I don't want Kira to die...

Ezalc

To be honest, I really like Kira because I share his desire to just live quietly and in peace. That said though, I don't have a hand fetish and my nails don't grow fast, also I can't excuse his urges and the way he deals with that, but his goal of only wanting to live a peaceful life is something to admire though it doesn't run from the realm of wanting domination and control.

Whereas more cartoonish villains want power over a region, people, or hell the planet. Kira wants dominion and control over his life in a way that it doesn't interfere with others but more importantly others don't interfere with it. I think it's a pretty nice twist on a villain, especially of a manga series when most of them are just mustache twirling bastards like Dio.

To be honest, I really like Kira because I share his desire to just live quietly and in peace. That said though, I don't have a hand fetish and my nails don't grow fast, also I can't excuse his urges and the way he deals with that, but his goal of only wanting to live a peaceful life is something to admire though it doesn't run from the realm of wanting domination and control.

Whereas more cartoonish villains want power over a region, people, or hell the planet. Kira wants dominion and control over his life in a way that it doesn't interfere with others but more importantly others don't interfere with it. I think it's a pretty nice twist on a villain, especially of a manga series when most of them are just mustache twirling bastards like Dio.
"Like just leave me alone and just let me kill yuppie bitches so I can masturbate with their hands. Gawd!!"
np, I just remember because I thought that was creepy as fuck. Still, my #1 for worst thing that Kira ever did was putting the sandwich back. Who does that?!
Yeah that shit was disgusting. "Feel dat nice St. Gentleman's bread it's so warm and fresh" *poke...lick...puts sandwich back*

Episode 36

Man, that was AWESOME. First off, Bites the Dust is so powerful that it doesn't just cause the OP to rewind to the beginning, but rewind so much that it goes back to Version 1 of the OP that was used in I'm an Alien. Wow, that's so awesome.

Since I knew what BtD's power was before I started watching the anime, I was expecting them to do something with the credits like they did with "ZA WARUDO". It still sent chills down my spine when it happened, though.

The episode itself was super tense, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Hayato, despite not being a stand user, certainly can think like one. I love the concept of fate, and how Hayato tried using it to his advantage.

DP seems to be putting a lot of work into these last few episodes. I'm guessing their trying to avoid another "Dio's World" situation. The transitions and cuts these past eps, starting with "July 15 (Thurs) Part 4" have been up there in creativity with the first episodes of the part. The quality (not "QUALITY") has also been through the roof.

Congratulations, DP. Congratulations.

jett

D-Member
What a crazy episode. It seems so hopeless.

Going by the name of the next episode I assume we're nearing the end.

I think being a serial killer is definitely interfering with others. And that's definitely a big part of his "quiet life".

Ezalc

I think being a serial killer is definitely interfering with others. And that's definitely a big part of his "quiet life".

I know, but in a way it's also a part of his. These urges he suffers from. If you took that away, even if Kira still had a stand but wasn't a killer, he'd probably barely if ever use it. His goal would have remained the same, but he wouldn't have these urges which make him act out this way.

I had completely forgotten about the fate aspect of Bites the Dust, and now I legitimately don't remember how Hayato gets out of this.

The opening change was great, but I have one complaint: the part where Reimi points to the sky and the others join her should have been reversed, but it wasn't.

McFadge

My theories for things to come:

Hayato tells Rohan or the others about Kira again to get a do-over; they're going to die anyway

Hayato tells Kira about Kira, causing Bites the Dust to activate. This episode we saw Bites the Dust act against Kira's will by preventing a punch. Maybe in the final moments Kira will deactivate it to save himself?

Holy shit awesome new OP.

The episode was so intense and felt bad for Hayato. How can you defeat such OP bullshit. He doesnt even know what stands are.

Next weeks episode title...we did it guys the end of the road is finally reached.

Demoli

New OP was fucking awesome.

Bites the Dust is still goddamn great.

I hope people now get the context behind the rewind.

So happy to see people experiencing this for the first time.

Just saw the newest episode. Why do we have Okuyasu as a stand user and not Hayato?

Hayato not having a stand is what makes this so great. Kid has immense willpower, who knows what type of OP stand would manifest in him.

Reimi was his first murder, so I assume he hadn't developed his weird morality and just killed her out of impulse.

She probably just had the most gorgeous hands, didn't Kira even give them a slurp when they were still attached or something? those hands were next level fetish fuel.

So a slight inconsistency.

We know non-Stand users can't see or hear the explosions. They just see people vanishing if they happen to be looking.

Hayato confirmed this episode he cannot see Stands.

But he could somehow see Rohan's explosion last episode.

Betty

Banned
So a slight inconsistency.

We know non-Stand users can't see or hear the explosions. They just see people vanishing if they happen to be looking.

Hayato confirmed this episode he cannot see Stands.

But he could somehow see Rohan's explosion last episode.

I'm assuming he can at least see Rohan being torn to pieces and the blood flying out.

Ezalc

Hmm maybe? Nobody saw blood at the school when Shigechi got erased. Unless the blood is vaporized slowly after.

I mean, it's not like Rohan would be there, then just suddenly disappear. The whole thing still seems to happen, but he'd just be being ripped into pieces since the bomb is going off inside of him. The entrails and whatnot get vaporized by Killer Queen's power too so it leaves no traces.

I mean, it's not like Rohan would be there, then just suddenly disappear. The whole thing still seems to happen, but he'd just be being ripped into pieces since the bomb is going off inside of him. The entrails and whatnot get vaporized by Killer Queen's power too so it leaves no traces.
Though a part of harvest did have a bloody button to show Josuke and crew. Before it exploded or bled to death or whatever.

The OP was a mess. My ears :(

I wish the staff hadn't been inspired by RE:Zero to do a time loop despair type of episode for it ended up feeling too much like a been there done that episode. The despair Hayato felt got to me more than the lead character of Re:zero so that kept this watchable, however one has to wonder why Koichi and co arent able to get the memo to solve this situation and escape.Hayato being all cool expecting everything was amazing and I lol when Kira had the cup break on him. Such a bad character.

Pompadour

I wish the staff hadn't been inspired by RE:Zero to do a time loop despair type of episode for it ended up feeling too much like a been there done that episode. The despair Hayato felt got to me more than the lead character of Re:zero so that kept this watchable, however one has to wonder why Koichi and co arent able to get the memo to solve this situation and escape.Hayato being all cool expecting everything was amazing and I lol when Kira had the cup break on him. Such a bad character.

Well, they only knew something was wrong for maybe one minute. And they weren't expecting that the son of the potential secret identity of Kira would be an instant death bomb from a stand that they had no knowledge of.

So the staff adapting a manga that came out in the 90's was inspired by an anime that dropped this year? uh huh.
EDIT: Goddammit why am I replying to DTL.

Is this... for real. Seriously, guys... is this... for real. Does DTL seriously not know that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable ran from 1992-1995, long before Re:Zero came out.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Or is DTL just mad because Rohan and Koichi bit the dust?

EDIT: Dammit for the same reason as above.

Time loop stories are my favorite. Especially when there's despair.

JoJo pretty much has every type of story.

Yeah that's what makes it such a great series.

Bite Za Dusto protecting Hayato was crazy.

That whole sequence was amazing.

The rewind OST is amazing.

LET'S GO DAVID PRO BRING IT ON HOME.

Top Bottom