• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

PixelatedBookake

Most of the stories in part 4 are dedicated to a specific, in-the-moment payoff. The invisible baby storyline led to Josuke respecting his father more and that's about it.

Yukako got lucky with a follow up storyline that she got to be the protagonist of, plus the anime staff seems to treat her as a much bigger deal (has she even been in a single episode featuring the 'Great Days' opening, despite her prominent position in said opening?) .

Lowkey thats been bothering me too with how much prominence she's getting in the opening. When I read the manga I barely thought of her after the Cinderella episode and she has barely had any speaking lines since. How the hell does she get a space in the "J" over Rohan who is practically the Polnareff of this part due to how many scene stealing moments he gets compared to characters like Okuyasu or Yukako. Does Rohan have more fights than Koichi?

Nope, Koichi has had 4 solo fights/encounters (Tamami, Yukako, Rohan, Sheer Heart Attack) to Rohan's three (RPS Kid, Highway Star, and Cheap Trick).

We joke about Josuke's lower key role as the protagonist, but technically he has the most encounters/fights by far, it's just that he's usually with someone else at the time (although Josuke is the one who gets the 'kill').

cntr

Banned
People think of solo fights more than they think about group ones. Like, how many major fights was Iggy a part of? People would say "one", but it's three. (N'Doul, Pet Shop, and Vanilla Ice.)

People think of solo fights more than they think about group ones. Like, how many major fights was Iggy a part of? People would say "one", but it's three. (N'Doul, Pet Shop, and Vanilla Ice.)
Does N'Doul really count if he's forced against his will into it and then tossed like a baseball? I usually just count Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice.

Astral

Lowkey thats been bothering me too with how much prominence she's getting in the opening. When I read the manga I barely thought of her after the Cinderella episode and she has barely had any speaking lines since. How the hell does she get a space in the "J" over Rohan who is practically the Polnareff of this part due to how many scene stealing moments he gets compared to characters like Okuyasu or Yukako. Does Rohan have more fights than Koichi?

Well the Js and the Os from the beginning of the opening are a reference to a volume cover or some type of artwork by Araki and it just happened to have Yukako in it.

Just did my weekly check in with the Toonami thread they really seem to be liking Part 1, dude's lost their shit at Dio putting his law degree to good work with that mom. They are very fucking lucky they didn't wrryd the manga though cause that panel is fucking gross.

Astral

Just did my weekly check in with the Toonami thread they really seem to be liking Part 1, dude's lost their shit at Dio putting his law degree to good work with that mom. They are very fucking lucky they didn't wrryd the manga though cause that panel is fucking gross.

You recently read Part 1 right? I started reading at Part 3 and recently bought the Jojoniums for Part 2 and volume 1 for Part 3. Part 3 still looks great but Part 2 was a little funky in the beginning. I'm not sure if I would even like the art style for Part 1, especially the early stuff.

You recently read Part 1 right? I started reading at Part 3 and recently bought the Jojoniums for Part 2 and volume 1 for Part 3. Part 3 still looks great but Part 2 was a little funky in the beginning. I'm not sure if I would even like the art style for Part 1, especially the early stuff.
Yeah I'm kind of sort of done with Part 1, probably like 20 pages left tops since OG Jojo is dying, just too busy at work to finish it. How much worse can Part 2 be? Surely art wise it has to be better than the first two volumes of Part 1. Early Part 1 the guys look like roided up Archie characters.

cntr

Banned
Araki's art only really starts getting "good" around mid-late Part 2, and becomes "great" by the end of Part 3. Then he shifts to his modern style around Part 4, and then the changes from then-on are more gradual.

tbh, DiU is where Jojo really becomes "Jojo" for me. Araki gets his personal artstyle, begins using atypical story structure, begins his transition to seinen, and really starts getting crazy with stands.

Astral

Yeah I'm kind of sort of done with Part 1, probably like 20 pages left tops since OG Jojo is dying, just too busy at work to finish it. How much worse can Part 2 be? Surely art wise it has to be better than the first two volumes of Part 1. Early Part 1 the guys look like roided up Archie characters.

The first volume and like the first few chapters of the second volume look pretty weird at times. Caesar and Stroheim's faces especially. But maybe it's because I'm used to his finalized character designs. Idk it just doesn't wow as much as his later work does.

The first volume and like the first few chapters of the second volume look pretty weird at times. Caesar and Stroheim's faces especially. But maybe it's because I'm used to his finalized character designs. Idk it just doesn't wow as much as his later work does.
I actually don't mind the final volume of Phantom Blood. Maybe it's just because I'm starting from square one and not working backwards. It's like if you read Berserk from the millennium Falcon arc and read it backwards.

NEO0MJ

Same. Can I get a POSE?

tumblr_nk1b6t95sl1ry6ys9o1_500.png

I remember reading about part 5 stands on my 28k WebTV. It's unreal how popular Jojo has become since I got into it all those years ago. Araki, I'm so proud.

cntr

Banned
hey you know what you should do when you want to discuss parts that only exist in manga form?

this may be a shocking revelation, but it's "go to the manga thread"

cntr

Banned
Sure, but then you get in a catch-22 where you can't even remind people not to point out it's from a future part because that's pointing out that it's from a future part, so it's better not to post things from future parts in the first place.

the only way posting a random reaction image face becomes a spoiler is if you point out that its a spoiler
Time and time again whenever someone post an out-of-context future spoiler it attracts other posters who know the context to follow suit and start disguising their own winknudges. That in turn starts spoiler discussion which always builds to a point that we've had pages full of black bars. Posting a random no-context spoiler might be a different story in other threads, but for whatever reason the last Jojo threads kept tempting and trying to see what they can sneak only to erupt in pages of black bars, pushing away the anime watchers for whom the threads were created primarily for. This thread is damn near mostly populated by manga fans cause of all the people who left.

That's why some here have adapted the nip-it-in-the-bud attitude. Cause some just cant control themselves (I'm definitely guilty of this) or refuse to visit the manga thread.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kira is my role model, what could make a person happier than a quiet stress free life and a highly supportive family? So maybe he was a serial killer with a hand fetish, we all have our sins.

PK Gaming

No if I realize the image is from future episodes, it's a spoiler plain and simple.

That's insane logic though.

If my avatar was one of the protagonists of part 7, would that be a spoiler? Would I be banned from entering the thread?!?

I get it. I get wanting to go in with 0 expectations for a JoJo part, and being surprised about a particular stand or character. But there's a line, and claiming that random reaction images count as spoilers definitely crosses that line.

That's insane logic though.

If my avatar was one of the protagonists of part 7, would that be a spoiler? Would I be banned from entering the thread?!?

I get it. I get wanting to go in with 0 expectations for a JoJo part, and being surprised about a particular stand or character. But there's a line, and claiming that random reaction images count as spoilers definitely crosses that line.

Eh, this whole discussion is why we don't like Manga spoilers / references in the Anime thread.

We've spent the better part of half a page derailed from talking about the anime to discuss these things.

Someone's Avatar usually doesn't foster that kind of discussion.

Top Bottom