• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

nah uh. Maybe 5 or 8. Maybe. I'm not counting 8 tbh

C'mon son, Jojolion
a.k.a Duwang 2.0
, isn't even
halfway through :p
. I guess people who are more fight-oriented in tastes might prefer part 5 generally despite it's other flaws. It does feature the best fights imo, and is more kinetic and frantic than Part 4's calm and eerie demeanour.

Numb

C'mon son, Jojolion
a.k.a Duwang 2.0
, isn't even
halfway through :p
. I guess people who are more fight-oriented in tastes might prefer part 5 generally despite it's other flaws. It does feature the best fights imo, and is more kinetic and frantic than Part 4's calm and eerie demeanour.

Haven't read much of jojolion after catching up long ago. Liked it tho.
Giorno from part 5 stands out little when thinking about the JOJOs but his support and the fights are cool.

Thud

The weakest part
Phantom Blood
is still better than the average battle manga.

Jojo is the gift that keeps on giving. I'm having a hard time picking a favorite between part 2,5,6 and Steel Ball Run. Jojolion may even get there as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Did you people really thing some rando anime people could afford a song that was in Shrek?

I enjoyed both the OP and ED more than ones season 2 of part 3 had, so there's that at least.

WB owns the label iirc, and apparently the Jojo anime is owned (?) by WB

Angelo's rooted in place, which means Aqua Necklace is similarly paralyzed thanks to that sympathetic link shared between Stand and Stand User (one gets hurt, the other gets hurt; one gets incapacitated, the other gets incapacitated). Even dismissing and re-summoning Stands while immobilized seems to be a no-no,as it technically operates under the umbrella of "trying to do something Stand-based while helpless" (or at least, it was when Araki wanted it to be that way lol).

Well, Angelo was in place being all stalker mode yet his stand could move around is all I'm saying. And later on we saw the glove was opened.

Matsukaze

Well, Angelo was in place being all stalker mode yet his stand could move around is all I'm saying. And later on we saw the glove was opened.
Must've missed the glove was open. Might be an adaptation difference. I'm curious now if DavidPro is going to tweak things, because next episode should open with a specific "questioning" bit.

Neoxon

tumblr_inline_nfmntn4Kex1rp2kcp.gif
Now now, let's not get all clicky-fingers.

I think Aqua Necklace is just a weird Stand that can't phase through solid matter or be recalled instantly. Remember how it went into the storm drain after the robbery? In exchange it can hide itself in liquid in such a way that even other Stand users can't see it. It's like how Araki decided to arbitrarily make Silver Chariot like the only humanoid Stand that the user can't see through the eyes of, just so the fight under the bed with Ebony Devil would make sense, and the only time it ever came up again was when they needed a TV for Joseph to channel through during Lovers.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
And once again we're talking about future parts after multiple warnings. JoJo Anime OTs pls

but seriously guys come on let's not ruin it for the anime-only crowd like with the Part 3 OT

cntr

Banned
Yeah, there's no standard feature set of stands. Some features are really common, like body connection, intangibility, being able to be recalled, and not being independent beings, but all of them have exceptions.

Hypron

Yeah, there's no standard feature set of stands. Some features are really common, like body connection, intangibility, being able to be recalled, and not being independent beings, but all of them have exceptions.

Yeah, you have to treat them on a case by case basis.

I always saw it as Araki making shit up as he goes to maximize entertainment factor(and convenience) which is fine by me.

Boss Doggie

I think Aqua Necklace is just a weird Stand that can't phase through solid matter or be recalled instantly. Remember how it went into the storm drain after the robbery? In exchange it can hide itself in liquid in such a way that even other Stand users can't see it. It's like how Araki decided to arbitrarily make Silver Chariot like the only humanoid Stand that the user can't see through the eyes of, just so the fight under the bed with Ebony Devil would make sense, and the only time it ever came up again was when they needed a TV for Joseph to channel through during Lovers.

Ahh right, I guess it has that limitation

forgot about Polnareff's too.

still this is the one that bothered me

unless it's just the drawing being weird and the glove is still tied

this scene isn't the manga I think, so it confused me.

Also I just realized while the Jojos are in later part 4 art, Angelo is in the early part 4 art.

Crocodile

Part 4 also has the benefit of the stand users not all being henchmen meaning we'll get to see a lot more real people with better motivations.

This could have been avoided in Part 3 if Araki had given actual and believable reasons as to why all these guys would follow Dio other than "money" or "he's hot" or whatever. But he didn't so alas.

squall23

As I'm watching the episode, it gets to the ED.

Suddenly..... is that Savage Garden?! WHAT YEAR IS IT?!

Suddenly my childhood flashes before my eyes.

Jojo S4 ep2

Yep, this was good. I think I felt on it a good degree of competence, both on David Production as the direction was suspenseful and snappy, and Araki as writer, you can notice how after the previous arc he has now a good grasp of how to do imaginative stands and thrilling scenes, Josuke's stand is very cool and he uses nifty tricks like the glove, and the tension of the water-based stand attacking while it rains and the house is full of water was also pretty well done.

Nottle

I was hoping they'd pull what they did to Iggy last time, mimicking how the manga rolled
Mid part 4 is my favorite of his style it's close to late part 3. Late part 4 is too pretty like part 5 and 6, everyone gets the same cheekbones and muscles. Early part 4 is like early part 3 where it's too Fist of the North Star.

Late part 3 and mid part 4 have a really nice bit of body and face diversity. Look at Josuke's friends and they all have unique body types and faces. Before part 3 everyone was a brick shithouse, after wards they are all Zoolander.

I really hope they keep 2 characters very specific art shifts. So hilarious. Still holding on because Iggy was cute Iggy in the credits for part 3 but still had the episodes where he was ugly Iggy in the show.

Boss Doggie

Yeah but didn't in part 5 onwards everyone looked kinda... effeminate? Like in Jojonium they changed the old parts' look.

Nottle

Yeah but didn't in part 5 onwards everyone looked kinda... effeminate? Like in Jojonium they changed the old parts' look.
They look super effeminate at the end of 4. There is a guy at the end of 4 that could just be any guy from part 5 because with a few exceptions everyone has same face in part 5. Josuke gets the treatment by the end along with a few other supporting cast members.

This could have been avoided in Part 3 if Araki had given actual and believable reasons as to why all these guys would follow Dio other than "money" or "he's hot" or whatever. But he didn't so alas.
Everyone wanted those grandaddy Joestar dickdeets that Dio just refused to reveal.

Drencrom

Love how Jotaro and Josuke plays off each other, I hope Jotaro sticks around just like Joseph in Part 3.

Also, the new OP screams "slice of life anime" (which seems fitting with the whole school, small town setting)

jstripes

Banned
I am all about that savage garden what a great unexpected choice

Completely unexpected. But all of the EDs have been surprising.

Anyway,

Walk Like an Egyptian > Roundabout > Last Train Home > Savage Garden

Also, did Angelo really bite the face off a dog just to use blood to put his stand in that guy's mouth?

part 4 for me too is one of the weakest so those reply posts to that guy also applies for me

but when I say weakest Jojo in itself is spectacular so it is still good

on another note things became more intense this episode and that ending choice was nice

Blues1990

I think what's completely weird about Jotaro, is that he didn't have much of a personality in Part 3, aside from being grumpy 24/7 and he hates high-pitch school girls screaming. That, and his career in Part 4 is that of a Marine Biologist, which is just completely out of the blue for a guy who was a dick to his mother and survived a fight with a vampire that had taken the body of Jotaro's great great-grandfather.

Top Bottom