• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

wwm0nkey

I read part 4 not even a year ago but this all feels super fresh to me, all the small details they are adding is amazing and they actually made the first fight good.

If you guys liked Joseph's quick thinking in Part 2 you are going to LOVE this part.

105.Will

I just saw these
b47.jpg

3bb.png

CfiQktlWcAAr7Tw.jpg

Not all heros wear capes

Protann

If we're still doing OP Ranking:

Stardust OP1>Battle Tendency>Phantom Blood>Stardust OP2>DiU

DiU OP starts off good, but the rest of the song sounds more like a generic Anime OP and the lack of CGI also doesn't do much to set it apart, either. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't disappointed, especially since Part 4 is my favorite part by a mile.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
If we're still doing OP Ranking:

Stardust OP1>Battle Tendency>Phantom Blood>Stardust OP2>DiU

DiU OP starts off good, but the rest of the song sounds more like a generic Anime OP and the lack of CGI also doesn't do much to set it apart, either. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't disappointed, especially since Part 4 is my favorite part by a mile.

Gotta agree with you so far. I don't know how much it'll grow on me, but while the first few seconds remind me of OP2 in how upbeat it is, the rest, from the lack of CG to the scenes is kinda generic. All the other openings were great because the deliberate choice of making them summaries of the part meant they didn't rely on any tropes of anime OPs.

But having silhouettes of all the main characters and villains zip by the screen, characters walking towards the camera, having their own 4-second "I'm striking pose" moments and the innocuous pop music-type chorus with your average idol/boy band singer voice doesn't set it apart from every other anime OP out there.

Oh well, it's pretty much my only complaint with Part 4 so far. Plus, I imagine we're gonna get at least one more OP somewhere down the line. Someone earlier said that Part 4 is slightly longer than Part 3.

Matsukaze

to this day even after reading part 4, I still wonder how Angelo didn't just pull his Stand back into him, or control the stand once it was freed after being stoned
Angelo's rooted in place, which means Aqua Necklace is similarly paralyzed thanks to that sympathetic link shared between Stand and Stand User (one gets hurt, the other gets hurt; one gets incapacitated, the other gets incapacitated). Even dismissing and re-summoning Stands while immobilized seems to be a no-no,as it technically operates under the umbrella of "trying to do something Stand-based while helpless" (or at least, it was when Araki wanted it to be that way lol).

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Another good ep, I feel. Did David Pro's budget go way up this season or something, everything's looking really nice, makes the older seasons look kinda trash by comparison. I really hope Jotaro stays in town forever, I like his interactions with Josuke.

Are the rest of the Stand User Of The Week gonna be these mini arcs? I kinda like it, it's better than a one and done with just one episode per villain.

Fuck, the art syle and colors look soo good. Too bad I hate this part.

Wait, what? Why? I think you're the first person I've seen who hates Part 4.

plz dont say "too much filler"

Another good ep, I feel. Did David Pro's budget go way up this season or something, everything's looking really nice, makes the older seasons look kinda trash by comparison.

Just a better staff.

Lulubop

Wait, what? Why? I think you're the first person I've seen who hates Part 4.
I read like the first fan translations for it back in the day,so maybe it's part of the reason. Even so I'm not big on the setting or ensemble cast. I'm generally not a
big fan of monster of the week, so whatever
. Also
not big on the singular location.
. Josuke is my favorite Jojo tho. It's weird, back then everyone on Gamefaqs hated this part.

This looks real nice though, I might check out a few key episodes.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Must be doing well if they're putting their higher skilled staff on the show, which is nice.

David Pro haven't really been doing that much outside Jojo in recent years. Surprisingly 2016 seems to have the most projects from them in a while. Then again Capcom is footing the bill for MH Stories, so I'm expecting low effort there in terms of staff

PK Gaming

I read like the first fan translations for it back in the day,so maybe it's part of the reason. Even so I'm not big on the setting or ensemble cast. I'm generally not a
. Also
. Josuke is my favorite Jojo tho. It's weird, back then everyone on Gamefaqs hated this part.

Oh dude, the Duwang translation was complete garbage. I mean it. It really sucked at conveying everything that made part 4 good. No guarantees, but i'm confident you'll like it more this time around.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Are the rest of the Stand User Of The Week gonna be these mini arcs? I kinda like it, it's better than a one and done with just one episode per villain.
I hope so. Part 3 got demonstrably better when they transitioned to 2 episode villains.

Now the hardest question is whether or not to switch to a biweekly schedule...

Permanently A

. Also

I know what you mean, I read the bad translations for Part 5, that compounded with the fact that the stands actually don't make any sense (you know the one) really contributed to my dislike for the part.

Definitely recommend watching this because this part is in the top 3 for sure. (I would say top 2 but Joseph has already been shit on enough so I'll give Battle Tendency fans a little generosity)

Squishy3

Another good ep, I feel. Did David Pro's budget go way up this season or something, everything's looking really nice, makes the older seasons look kinda trash by comparison. I really hope Jotaro stays in town forever, I like his interactions with Josuke.

The formula doesn't change much from Part 3. This formula's mostly the same for every part from here on out. However, it's balanced far better than it was in Part 3.

There's going to be a lot more switching between one episode battles and 2 parters than Part 3. (we enter a 2 parter next week, for example. Angelo was a 5 chapter battle, while in Part 3 David Pro was on average making 1 episode cover 3 chapters.)

Permanently A

The formula doesn't change much from Part 3. This formula's mostly the same for every part from here on out. However, it's balanced far better than it was in Part 3.

There's going to be a lot more switching between one episode battles and 2 parters than Part 3. (we enter a 2 parter next week, for example. Angelo was a 5 chapter battle, while in Part 3 David Pro was on average making 1 episode cover 3 chapters.)

The formula doesn't change from Part 3 in that they are still fighting a new monster every week or two, but this part feels way more interesting and dynamic because they fight interesting people instead of just another mook on the way to Dio.

part 4 antagonists are used to facilitate character development in the protagonists or to reveal something weird about the town. Think of part 4 as some deranged Ed, Edd, and Eddy/Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Twin Peaks mash-up.

Sou Da

Part 4 also has the benefit of the stand users not all being henchmen meaning we'll get to see a lot more real people with better motivations.

This episode felt really long but really packed with content. I've watched it twice and there are so many great moments in it.

I love that the Stands look to be more cleverly used than in SC. The
shredded latex glove scene
was awesome and they built the foundation for it well before so it made sense.

And the takedown was awesome, as said before, especially
Josuke flipping Angelo out of the tree by slinging Aqua Necklace around in the glove
. I lol'd at that. Great reactions all around

Top Bottom