• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Tizoc

How couldn't those three knuckleheads hear the screams and explosions? Even by Jojo-logic standards, this episode didn't make much sense to me.

Remember that one time Joseph waited 5 minutes before checking to see if Polnareff wasn't being attacked by a Stand user?

Episode 37

First off, Shinobu and Hayato are finally in the ED, as is Stray Cat (in the diamond the end when Kira appears; where the turtle was for Josuke, and where the mouse/rat used to be for Kira).

As for the episode, it was pretty amazing. It's kind of crazy just how small this fight is compared to Dio's World, taking place on a single sidewalk and in a house compared to the the characters flying through the air around a city in the latter episode. It still feels so epic though. I can't wait for the conclusion. DP has been hitting it out of the park these past few episodes. I'm glad they're trying to end on a high note.

cntr

Banned
Also, this is how fast I imagined the fight going in the manga, so I found the pacing and talking just right. It's perfect Jojo mind game strategy.

I like that everyone is a few feet away but can't tell a battle is going on. This was worse than when Joseph and Lisa Lisa just stood outside the house where Caesar was murdered even though they could clearly hear him.

I just finished getting caught up, and this was my thought as well. All those explosions and shouting, but it looks like they are standing on the other side of the wall well within ear shot.

Ascheroth

I just finished getting caught up, and this was my thought as well. All those explosions and shouting, but it looks like they are standing on the other side of the wall well within ear shot.

Morioh rain is loud.
Tbh I think getting hung up up on inconsistencies in Jojo is misguided.
Just roll with it. (Not directed to anyone in particular).

I thought the explosions were silent, but played up for the audience sake. Hence why no one turned around when Shigechi blew up in school. If that's wrong, welp.

The raindrops = yelling was always some bull though. lmao

convo

Kira keeping Stray Cat around to amplify his bombs with the air just makes so much sense

He did lack range before but Kira is trying to think about a serious fight even when he dislikes them a lot. It's still funny how Killer Queen can just open up like that, you could store a mini bar in there.

Zolo

Wait. So if Killer Queen can't be seen by normal people, but Stray Cat can, then what's that look like to normal people?

I thought the explosions were silent, but played up for the audience sake. Hence why no one turned around when Shigechi blew up in school. If that's wrong, welp.

The raindrops = yelling was always some bull though. lmao

I thought since the explosions are technically part of Killer Queen, they would only be silent to non stand users

cntr

Banned
You'd think, but that's clearly not the case since Josuke and Okuyasu didn't hear Shigechi exploding.

Wait. So if Killer Queen can't be seen by normal people, but Stray Cat can, then what's that look like to normal people?
Like Stray Cat is floating in mid-air.

just like how the Anubis fight had a mysterious floating sword

200.gif

NevaNopa

Never mind the fact that the fight should have been audible to the rest of the gang, why didn't Hayato just yell for help the minute Kira turned off Bites the Dust? Great episode, but that bugged me the whole time.

Grexeno

Never mind the fact that the fight should have been audible to the rest of the gang, why didn't Hayato just yell for help the minute Kira turned off Bites the Dust? Great episode, but that bugged me the whole time.
Because that would solve the plot.

Ascheroth

Why would he know when Kira turned off BITES ZA DUSTO? He can neither see stands nor is he well-versed in Standology. Not taking any chances to trigger the supernatural power that nearly killed all of the good guys sounds logical to me.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So i wasn't quite on the Hayato fan train last week, but this episode got me a ticket. Grabbing that bomb was the ballsiest thing I could imagine.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Whew Rohan didnt die. Based Araki. Okuyasu though ;_;7

Honestly, I think Okuyasu is too stupid to die, his soul will just go back to his body or some shit, it's the kind of ridiculous I'd expect from him at least :lol. There was that strange glow around his body a bit after it'd been fixed too

NevaNopa

Why would he know when Kira turned off BITES ZA DUSTO? He can neither see stands nor is he well-versed in Standology. Not taking any chances to trigger the supernatural power that nearly killed all of the good guys sounds logical to me.

When it showed the bomb around Hayato's heart breaking after Rohan survives and Hayato says "I did it! I won against fate!" I took that as him realizing that the effect had worn off.

Ascheroth

When it showed the bomb around Hayato's heart breaking after Rohan survives and Hayato says "I did it! I won against fate!" I took that as him realizing that the effect had worn off.

True. But he still doesn't know how BITES ZA DUSTO works, so for all he knows he could have broken the current loop but everything could have started again the moment he notified someone.
But ehh, the answer is likely either
- Araki forgot or
- Araki fought it wasn't interesting

Like I said, better to just take everything at face value and roll with it when it comes to JoJo.

Eumi

Honestly, I think Okuyasu is too stupid to die, his soul will just go back to his body or some shit, it's the kind of ridiculous I'd expect from him at least :lol. There was that strange glow around his body a bit after it'd been fixed too
Reminder that Joseph floated up to heaven! Death in JoJo is weird. Characters are never resurrected, they just are un-killed.

"No shut up though he was never dead. He hid in a sub coffin. Shut up."

Ascheroth

Okuyasu is probably too dumb to realize he's dead even if he died for real.
I expect him to just wake up like nothing happened. That or Reimi does something.

PixelatedBookake

Reminder that Joseph floated up to heaven! Death in JoJo is weird. Characters are never resurrected, they just are un-killed.

"No shut up though he was never dead. He hid in a sub coffin. Shut up."

That was so dumb, don't remind me. Getting a vampire blood transfusion brought his soul back to Earth? Miss me with that bullshit.

Sesha

How could Hayato post-explosion be fixed when it was established at the very beginning that Crazy Diamond can't reverse death? Do we just assume that Hayato was still alive? Or does the soul have to leave the body first and the soul is just casual about how quick it leaves the body?

Cool episode otherwise, but man does this fight expect you to swallow a lot more stuff than usual.

David___

Banned
Hayato continuing in being my favorite character this part.

Kid with zero sense of what stands are goes face to face with a serial killer that makes people explode when someone asks him about Kira breaks the loop of fate and fucken takes the explosion like a champ to save someone he doesn't personally know.

How could Hayato post-explosion be fixed when it was established at the very beginning that Crazy Diamond can't reverse death? Do we just assume that Hayato was still alive? Or does the soul have to leave the body first and the soul is just casual about how quick it leaves the body?

Cool episode otherwise, but man does this fight expect you to swallow a lot more stuff than usual.

I took it that he was still alive mid explosion, just like how Shigetchi was able to scream Josuke's name even when he was in the middle of being blown up.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Crazy Diamond's ability was so fast that Hayato didn't die when he was exploded. Kira says that right after Josuke puts him back together.

Excellent episode. Only 2 more episodes to go. Holy shit time flew by.

Fucking Kira. He gets technically with Killer Queen and Sheer Heart Attack kinda 2 stands and gets pierced by the arrow for a third one but he still needs to grab Stray Cat to get a 4th stand.

Thats why i love Kira. No fucks given.

Tall4Life

He healed him instantaneously as he was blown up

Top Bottom