• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

tumblr_nilqocHROy1s44n34o1_1280.png

Also I'm sad SHA hasn't had a use since that one time.

I shall deliver this bomb directly to you

Karsha

The insta heal after the explosion makes no sense tbh, he was turned into dust. A lot of other things don't like Kira using only one bomb at the time, Hayato knowing everything about Killer Queen etc.

I wasn't a big fan of that episode. Maybe because it felt a bit slow as they are saving everything for next episode but I didn't feel any tension.

The thing that frustrated me the most was Hayato looking around the corner, he saw Rohan not die, and then he proceeded to return to the fight without perhaps screaming out for help.

That and Jotaro hearing something that seemed that Josuke's scream and then ignoring it. Come on people, you know that someone is hunting you down, is it too much to go around the corner and check?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The insta heal after the explosion makes no sense tbh, he was turned into dust. A lot of other things don't like Kira using only one bomb at the time, Hayato knowing everything about Killer Queen etc.

Kira being restricted to one bomb at a time makes perfect sense though. It's the reasoning as to why he can't do anything with KQ while Sheer Heart Attack or Bites the Dust are in effect.

Siegcram

Hayato has always been shown to be incredibly observant and deductive. It's totally in character for him to figure out the intricacies of Killer Queen.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't he kill the mobs while Sheer Heart Attack was active?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, he partially explodes one of them plus he blows up his shoelaces. I think?

So he can still use KQ while SHA is active, but not with BtD. Although I think it was established early on that he can only have one regular KQ bomb active.

Piers

You realise you're talking about a series where people survive getting turned to stone, right?

You're right, and there was a scene in the second episode where Josuke stabs his mommy to capture a Stand, and that's the only time when "healing" made someone forget what just happened.

There's a ghost living in a Polaroid photo, and he can throw an arrow at people from it.

It's pretty ridiculous that the episode had him scheme a way to escape via a crow and string. Then it never mattered because he…can just levitate in the polaroid, seemingly.

King Boo

great episode.

cAN josuke "heal" multiple objects (ex: okayasu, a piece of the road, and a trashcan) at once? or like kira he can only apply his effect on one thing at a time? needs a nerf if he can fix multiple things simultaneously

also was it ever hinted that killer queen can have some kind of compartment to store the plant?

Fucking hell! This episode was pure hype in video format.

Hayato is a subversion of the annoying kid side character. He's got massive balls and massive confidence to willingly blow himself up.
Best part: I audibly cheered when Josuke showed up with that pissed-off look.

I don't mind the minor logical inconsistencies, but when nobody alerted Rohan and co. and they're just standing around the corner, I was so annoyed and ending up yelling "GO AROUND THE BLOCK! DON'T YOU HEAR THEM?!"

At least Rohan is still alive. I'd be more upset if Rohan had died instead of Okuyasu.

Piers

Shigechi had "half his brain blown into his skull" and was still able to move around and use his Stand.

Injuries aren't fatal unless Araki wants them to be.

Good point.

also was it ever hinted that killer queen can have some kind of compartment to store the plant?
I don't mind the minor logical inconsistencies, but when nobody alerted Rohan and co. and they're just standing around the corner, I was so annoyed and ending up yelling "GO AROUND THE BLOCK! DON'T YOU HEAR THEM?!"

Both of these seemed pretty bizarre — especially how Kira was somehow able to magic the cat-plant into Killer Queen. Would say that Jojo series is usually good about being aware of its surroundings, but then that's in its own particular ways.

Dunkley

I am really excited for the reactions of next week's episode of anyone who hasn't read the manga yet, they left off at a really good spot there this episode.

On that note I do have to say rereading the manga aside from watching the anime has been a blast. They really did capture a lot of great moments really well, like the motorcycle jump or punching Okuyaso's spaghetti.

It's disappointing to see people who still haven't adopted the JoJo mindset and are still asking pointless and boring questions like "why didn't they hear them?"

You've been with this series for 4 parts already and this bothers you?

NeonZ

It's disappointing to see people who still haven't adopted the JoJo mindset and are still asking pointless and boring questions like "why didn't they hear them?"

I don't get this attitude. These inconsistencies are pretty much one of Jojo's biggest weakness. When you've got the battles becoming basically puzzles, it's annoying that obvious answers are ruled out for no reason.

StoneFox

Well to me, Jotaro was always someone who could tell when shit was going down in SDC and here he is being like "nah, it's the wind" or whatever. I feel like if it was Rohan reacting and then saying it was nothing would have been totally fine, but Jotaro not even checking it out is kinda odd to me.

This is why we needed Kakyoin :(

I don't get this attitude. These inconsistencies are pretty much the most annoying thing about Jojo. When you've got the battles becoming basically puzzles, it's annoying that obvious answers are ruled out for no reason.

There is a reason.

They aren't interesting.

The more important question is did Killer Queen eat Stray Cat or did Stray Cat just get placed into Killer Queens stomach like a mini fridge?

It's hard to deal with inconsistencies in JoJo when the only set-in-stone rules regarding Stands are some vaguely-defined rules that are only explicitly laid out in a side chapter in the middle of part 7, alongside many stands tending to not have their powers defined until Araki decides it's time to give that stand a name.

In short, the inconsistencies in JoJo shouldn't be stressed over. This is the way Araki chooses to write, and it may as well be a part of JoJo at this point.

The more important question is did Killer Queen eat Stray Cat or did Stray Cat just get placed into Killer Queens stomach like a mini fridge?

I like to imagine Killer Queen just quietly stuffing Stray Cat into its stomach compartment like Bender from Futurama.

If this wasn't the final villain, it would hardly be an issue for me.
JoJo is known for having extremely meticulous and over-observant characters, so when there's an instance where a character would usually investigate their surroundings and they don't, it becomes very noticeable to me.
I don't expect Jotaro to make a comment about the rain sounding like Josuke and just shrug it off.

Crocodile

Yes it still bothers people because these are inconsistencies that could have been easily avoided with just a tiny bit of foresight. It's annoying and wonky writing.

I don't get this attitude. These inconsistencies are pretty much one of Jojo's biggest weakness. When you've got the battles becoming basically puzzles, it's annoying that obvious answers are ruled out for no reason.

Agreed.

cntr

Banned
lol Shigechi and Hayato not dying immediately is nothing, when Phantom Blood had a guy get squeezed in half by chains, who then precoded to give two lengthy monologues before dying

We've been spending the last four parts trying to give justifications for Jojo's inconsistencies, but honestly, you'll just have to swallow it. Araki doesn't consider consistency more important than making what he considers an interesting story, and never will. That's just how Jojo is, and Araki's attitude is both its greatest weakness and greatest strength.

Zolo

lol Shigechi and Hayato not dying immediately is nothing, when Phantom Blood had a guy get squeezed in half by chains, who then precoded to give two lengthy monologues before dying

And the guy who had his head chopped off who was still alive long enough to spit out a hamon-infused rose at Dio.

cntr

Banned
But if you really need a reason, here are some:

1. Jotaro's actually a huge asshole. You know how many times he left Polnareff hanging? How he made fun of Josuke's grandpa being dead??

2. Jotaro was able to beat up a grown man when he was 8 years old, so clearly, he matures faster than normal humans, and was already going senile.

3. The rain in Morioh is full of ghosts screaming. That's not very unusual so nobody mentions it.

4. The rain was an enemy stand, Chocolate Rain.

5. The silent explosions exploded so silently that they drowned out Josuke's voice.

6. All of the above.

If this wasn't the final villain, it would hardly be an issue for me.
JoJo is known for having extremely meticulous and over-observant characters, so when there's an instance where a character would usually investigate their surroundings and they don't, it becomes very noticeable to me.
I don't expect Jotaro to make a comment about the rain sounding like Josuke and just shrug it off.

Yes it still bothers people because these are inconsistencies that could have been easily avoided with just a tiny bit of foresight. It's annoying and wonky writing.

A character not acting in a specific way isn't an inconsistency. If you get annoyed at human characters not acting 100% according to a set of character traits you pieced together, I don't know what to tell you.

Wait, I actually do: Araki doesn't bother with small details at the expense of telling a more interesting story. And if you found this annoying, part 5 and part 6 are gonna piss you off in a major way.

I wonder if this is more of an adaptation issue. Like the post above said in the manga it seemed like they were farther away and it was raining much harder.

Also Hayato didn't seem to explode as severely in the manga.

I wonder if this is more of an adaptation issue. Like the post above said in the manga it seemed like they were farther away and it was raining much harder.

Also Hayato didn't seem to explode as severely in the manga.

The entire Another One Bites The Dust arc is built around coincidences, near misses and luck. Rohan doesn't survive because the other miss him by seconds. Kira almost dies but survives Hayato's attack because he places the wristwatch in his chestpocket.

It's not an adaptation issue. It's a nitpicking issue. This is Romeo & Juliet Act 5. Jotaro doesn't check the situation out because it's consistent with the theme and it would make for a boring final fight if he did.

Soriku

I was expecting Okuyasu to be fake sleeping and pull a "gotcha bitch!" when Kira fired the last bubble, in order to save Josuke.

He'll probably pull some shit next episode.

Crocodile

Not all contrivances are created equal. Some are easy to handwave away and some pulll you out of the narrative. I'm loving Jojo but I'm not going to stop critiquing the show when it indulges in the later type of contrivances.

It's supposed to be a storm... Wasn't there lightning too? It's plausible they couldn't hear them.

I'd barely call that a storm as portrayed by the anime. It doesn't seem like the manga does a better job of that either? I don't even think it was that far away as shown by the manga given that people are yelling and screaming and shit. It's all just weird, but not in the good way. It's hardly the end of the world LOL but it is annoying and I wish people who disagreed didn't just say "shut up!" :(

As an aside, Okuyasu continues to be useless

Not all contrivances are created equal. Some are easy to handwave away and some pulll you out of the narrative. I'm loving Jojo but I'm not going to stop critiquing the show when it indulges in the later type of contrivances.

I'd barely call that a storm as portrayed by the anime. It doesn't seem like the manga does a better job of that either? I don't even think it was that far away as shown by the manga given that people are yelling and screaming and shit. It's all just weird, but not in the good way. It's hardly the end of the world LOL but it is annoying and I wish people who disagreed didn't just say "shut up!" :(

You do realize that if Okuyasu didn't eat that hit Josuke would be dead right now.

If you've felt like you can't post your opinion, then I apologize.

For me personally, it's a contrivance yeah, but a necessary one imo. Every character is exactly where they should be narratively, and Jotaro thinking he heard Josuke but waving it off as the rain is better than if Jotaro didn't say anything at all. I wouldn't really call it a plot hole or an inconsistency. A stretch, at best.

I was expecting Okuyasu to be fake sleeping and pull a "gotcha bitch!" when Kira fired the last bubble, in order to save Josuke.

He'll probably pull some shit next episode.

I was expecting that too. I'm sort of expecting him to never actually do anything useful in this final fight. Don't get me wrong, I love his character. I have a poor memory where Jojo is concerned but where does Okuyasu rank on either list: (characters from 1-4 only):
"Most useless Jojo Main characters"
"Greatest gulf between level of amazing power and the number of times it is actually usefully used?"

cntr

Banned
Oh yeah, neat little thing: in the fighting games, Kosaku-Kira is a separate character from Original Kira, and his moveset is based on Stray Cat and throwing exploding bubbles -- but as per this battle, Kira will get hurt if you detonate the bubble too close to him.

Top Bottom