• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Style

Banned
That set-up has gotta be paid off eventually :p

Araki: *laughs*
It wont because Araki forgot it. A lot of plot holes/retcons in Jojo happen because of Araki's memory. He said himself:
I could stay depressed about my bad memory, but that's a negative way to live. Let's look on the bright side and list the advantages of having a bad memory.
(1) You can reread a book and see a movie over and over and enjoy it as much as the first time.
(2) If you make an inconvenient promise, you can pretend that you forgot about it and still be forgiven.
(3) This is the most important thing: you can keep coming up with ideas without being held back by convictions or the past.
:(

Neoxon

04b.gif

"Hey Bob."
"Yeah, Dave?"
"How come were working in this foundation made by an oil tycoon 70 years ago to support these buff Japanese dudes who supposedly have these magic ghosts we can't even see? How do we know they're even real?"
"Did Sam ever tell you how he saw a dead guy come back to life?"
"What."
"Keep working, Dave."
And that's probably one of the more mundane Speedwagon Foundation employee stories.

ElFly

You try telling Jotaro that he's making shit up. He'd pick you up with an invisible hand and teleport behind you.

I think the part I dislike more about Jojo 4 is Jotaro revealing he hadn't stopped time in like a decade or so

wtf man I'd be stopping time all the time

Ezalc

I think the part I dislike more about Jojo 4 is Jotaro revealing he hadn't stopped time in like a decade or so

They already mentioned that because he's human the strain of stopping time is too much for it to be done over longer periods of time.

Dio could do it because he was a vampire.

Pompadour

Araki seems to be uninterested in the practical, day-to-day benefits of having stands except for a few cases like Shigechi and Harvest. There's so many stand users that can do unbelievable things that don't involve their stand at all I get the feeling that Araki thinks stands are cheating and that the reader won't be impressed by his characters if their stand did everything for them.

A lot of Jojo fights aren't even match ups between stands so much as the hero trying to figure out how to outmaneuver the opponent's stand so they can win. Almost every Jotaro fight is him trying to find and/or get within two feet of his opponent so he can press the win button. I feel like Jotaro could be a really smart guy with a sledgehammer and many fights would play out the same.

Neoxon

To be fair, using Star Platinum: The World's time-stop ability does put a strain on Jotaro since he's only a human.

cntr

Banned
Araki's said that he considers control over time the ultimate power, hence The World and Bites the Dust. So Jotaro doesn't use time stop casually to emphasize how special of a power it is.

There's plenty casual stand usage in DiU (Josuke punching a lottery ticket), and while DiU has the most because of its setting, it'll still happen in future parts.

PK Gaming

Kira's pose game way too good in this episode, good lord.

Amazing adaption, probably my fav episode so far. Art, animation and direction were all on point, and the voice actors especially killed it. I loved this arc in the manga, but it's so much better here.

Really like how Josuke's making this most of his power, and how it acts in direct opposition to Kira's.

cntr

Banned
Awwwww man that episode. SO GOOD. SO DORA.

I laughed really hard at all the crazy theories about how Bites the Dust was going to be defeated by Crazy Diamond or Star Platinum, given how it actually ends up being defeated.

And Bites the Dust isn't the true final boss...it's goddamn Killer Queen and Stray Cat. A fucking plant being half of the final boss is my favorite twist in DiU, and one of my favorites in Jojo period.

JayEH

I like that everyone is a few feet away but can't tell a battle is going on. This was worse than when Joseph and Lisa Lisa just stood outside the house where Caesar was murdered even though they could clearly hear him.

So hayato can see stray cat, but can he stray cat when it's inside killer queen? Floating in mid air?

Non-Stand users can see things created or caused by Stands for the most part. For instance, the debris Josuke reformed or the air bubble Stray Cat shot out. Stray Cat is both the Stand and the User at the same time...so I guess Hayato can see him. Kind of like how non-Stand users could see Iggy's The Fool since it was just made out of sand.

Kneefoil

The pacing of that whole fight seemed like it'd work way better in a comic or written format than in animation. Makes sense, I suppose, since this is an anime adaptation of a manga.

I didn't find the episode anywhere near as entertaining as the last few, but there are still a couple more left, so Part 4 could still end on a high note.

Hayato is way smarter and gutsier than I've given him credit for. I wonder why he didn't go alert Koichi, Jotaro and Rohan, though; he knew they were just around the corner, and there is strength in numbers.

My third favorite figjht in all of Jojo getting the respect it deserves. KIRA THE BEST CHARACTER GETTING THE LOVE HE DESERVES. The shot of Josuke into intro is my favorite

Tizoc

The pacing of that whole fight seemed like it'd work way better in a comic or written format than in animation. Makes sense, I suppose, since this is an anime adaptation of a manga.

I didn't find the episode anywhere near as entertaining as the last few, but there are still a couple more left, so Part 4 could still end on a high note.

Hayato is way smarter and gutsier than I've given him credit for. I wonder why he didn't go alert Koichi, Jotaro and Rohan, though; he knew they were just around the corner, and there is strength in numbers.

He'd have to go through Kira for that.

In the anime, you are kinda stuck in time situations because you are given a flat rate of 20 minutes without a doubt, so it seems as if time should be flowing faster when only a minute or two have passed. In a manga, that doesn't come across as heavily. Its just a natural problem of adaptation, one that can be avoided through clever directing and adapting, but still there.

In something with notorious slow moving scenes like Hunter x Hunter's palace invasion, Dragon Ball's Freeza fight or Akagi's mahjong match, they keep dropping references to the time in the manga to begin with so it doesn't seem as bad. Here its a matter of seconds.

StoneFox

Lol, how loud is this rain? I guess you could argue that the explosions can be mistaken for thunder, but c'mon.

And good job Okuyasu, you did a thing.

Tizoc

No? Hayato checked around the corner to see if Rohan was going to explode after Josuke had already arrived.

Ah well you could say he was caught up in the moment :p Plus you forgot that he doesn't know exactly how Stands work. He might've thought that he could still kill Rohan if he approached him and told him about Kira's identity+location. By the time he'd realize that he may be able to speak out without killing anyone, Kira was already in the path to the others. Just my speculation :x

jstripes

Banned
LOL, fuckin' Jotaro.

Morioh must be a really weird place if rain sounds like screams and explosions. I wonder if the radio show there is anything like Welcome To Nightvale.

So did Josuke ever figure out how to see the air bombs or was he just having to make use of the kids keen eye narrative the entire time? I assume it's the latter.

cntr

Banned
It's kind of weird because it's one of those things you're supposed to assume is exaggerated by the visuals; Stray Cat's bubbles are clearly visible for the viewer, but almost invisible to the actual characters.

jett

D-Member
How couldn't those three knuckleheads hear the screams and explosions? Even by Jojo-logic standards, this episode didn't make much sense to me.

Top Bottom