• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Madao

i was looking at some Part 1 stuff and i realized that Dio could have ended the whole series and himself if he was sucessful in his original plan to kill Jonathan with the Stone Mask.
good thing he tested the mask first. otherwise, a potential vampire Jonathan would have killed him and then killed the Joestar bloodline since i bet Zeppeli would have ended him easily with Ripple.

cntr

Banned
There's a fancomic somewhere where Jonathan gets turned into a vampire, and resists trying to kill people.

it's rather depressing

TheOGB

Banned
JoJo DiU live action releases on August 4th
Czk0jmLUcAAc1CE.jpg

Can you spot who will play Kira? >.>
This looks like the Japanese version of a Lifetime biopic

Betty

Banned
I kinda felt Okuyasu was gonna bite the dust, he hadn't really done anything noteworthy for a while and it's like a tradition that a bro of JoJo has to die at some point.

Tizoc

So I guess it ends tomorrow, then epilogue?

or will it extend to next week + epilogue?

I checked the final volume which these 3 episodes cover, and I can assure you that
the battle will continue onto the 3rd episode with a 5 minute epilogue finale

Nightbird

I'm ready for the voice of love to take me higher.

But are you also ready for the voice of love to give you caner?

sorry

Question: Killer Queen gotta be the most overpowered Stand in the series right?

I mean, there's the actual stand, and then no less than 3(!) sub-stands.

That's gotta be record in the series right?

You can answer to me with those fancy black bars (just don't spoil any future plot points to me please ^^)

cntr

Banned
Answer: nope.

Killer Queen actually wouldn't be that high in the stand rankings, Kira's just really good at using it

Pompadour

sorry

You can answer to me with those fancy black bars (just don't spoil any future plot points to me please ^^)

Sure, I'll answer you.

lol no fucking way is Killer Queen the most OP stand in Jojo

sorry

THE most? Nope.

Skittles

sorry

Right now in the anime the most OP stand would be Vanilla Ice, only problem was its user. Same with The Hand too.

cntr

Banned
If you want to know whether a stand is overpowered, ask yourself this:

Could it beat Ultimate Kars in a straight fight? If the answer is "yes", then it's a top tier stand.

Could it beat Ultimate Kars in a straight fight? If the answer is "yes", then it's a top tier stand.

In that case we haven't had any top tier stands yet, and almost none if we count the series as a whole.

Nightbird

That's actually a great measurement, i'll keep that in mind!

And thanks to the other replies too, i completely forgot about Vanilla Ice and how deadly The Hand really is.

cntr

Banned
In that case we haven't had any top tier stands yet, and almost none if we count the series as a whole.
I'd say Cream, The Hand, and Heaven's Door could beat Kars, though maybe he could somehow regen from The Hand/Cream's space erasure...

(by "straight fight", I mean excluding stuff like Sethan, Cheap Trick, and Superfly, which technically could work, but are kind of gimmicky and specialized)

Goodstyle

sorry

Killer Queen is the least powerful stand of any of the main Jojo villains IMO. It completely sucks at direct combat and relies on Kira being able to outsmart his opponents more than anything.

Hypron

Killer Queen is the least powerful stand of any of the main Jojo villains IMO. It completely sucks at direct combat and relies on Kira being able to outsmart his opponents more than anything.

Yeah. He also gets pretty lucky. Koichi and Jotaro got almost killed during their previous encounter because Koichi fucked up big time. If he hadn't then Jotaro would have eventually destroyed Sheer Heart Attack, effectively destroying Kira's hand. And even after getting lucky he still managed to fuck up and get his ass beat pretty badly.

Now, Bites the Dust is really powerful... But it has big flaws (Kira can't defend himself anymore, and doesn't remember the previous time loops) and can be outwitted, as we've been shown.

It's not a bad stand by any means but it's really far from the most powerful stand in the series (even without restricting ourselves to the main villains). The way the story is unfolding still makes it seem really threatening though, which is great. You don't need an all powerful enemy to create a compelling narrative.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bites the Dust is a plot stand, which exists to be "figured out" by the protags. It is in no way a real battle stand that can function in a variety of situations.

Ezalc

I'd say Cream, The Hand, and Heaven's Door could beat Kars, though maybe he could somehow regen from The Hand/Cream's space erasure...

(by "straight fight", I mean excluding stuff like Sethan, Cheap Trick, and Superfly, which technically could work, but are kind of gimmicky and specialized)

I doubt that heaven's door could beat ultimate kars. Even if Rohan wrote that he can't attack rohan in him, Kars would just throw a school of piranha at him or something and he'd be fucked.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

RPS kid could totally take Kars in a Bo5 RPS match. That kid got his mind game down

Basically. Kira also cheats by having access to five different stands.

IMO, the strongest stand in DIU is The Hand but it's just that Okuyasu is not smart enough to use it effectively.

There are only 2 more eps right?
Yeah. :(

dani_dc

Would Dio beat Kira easily in a fight? Though I would imagine half the fight would just be Dio trolling Kira in stopped time.

They wouldn't fight, Kira avoids conflict and DIO has no reason to go after him.

If they did fight 1:1, DIO would obliterate Kira, just look at how Jotaro easily destroyed Kira despite being closer to the world of the dead than to that of the living thanks to Koichi.

I doubt that heaven's door could beat ultimate kars. Even if Rohan wrote that he can't attack rohan in him, Kars would just throw a school of piranha at him or something and he'd be fucked.

Rohan could just write for Kars to kill himself, such as he did with Okuyasu.
Additionally he could avoid a situation as the piranha by specifying that Kars can't do any action that would negatively affect him.

Rohan stand is ridiculously overpowered in a 1:1 battle. Which is why he never had one outside of RPS (which stole his stand powers).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Completely correct, and it's why I like Killer Queen so much. It isn't amazing at punching and kicking things, but Kira can come up with witty methods of killing, or at least attempting to kill, his opponents. Like turning Okuyasu into a bomb trigger, as we saw in the most recent episode. Josuke would have died if Hayato didn't warn him in time. Another good example is turning Stray Cat's bubbles into bombs.

Ezalc

Rohan could just write for Kars to kill himself, such as he did with Okuyasu.
Additionally he could avoid a situation as the piranha by specifying that Kars can't do any action that would negatively affect him.

Rohan stand is ridiculously overpowered in a 1:1 battle. Which is why he never had one outside of RPS (which stole his stand powers).

I wonder if kars is even able to kill himself with the healing factor he has. Also the thing with piranhas wouldn't end in a win per se but a draw. That's what usually happens when dealing with ultimate kars, either people lose or they come to some sort of draw. I don't think there are many stands in the entire series that could outright kill him.

dani_dc

I wonder if kars is even able to kill himself with the healing factor he has. Also the thing with piranhas wouldn't end in a win per se but a draw. That's what usually happens when dealing with ultimate kars, either people lose or they come to some sort of draw. I don't think there are many stands in the entire series that could outright kill him.

The Volcano seemed to be working until Kars came up with a clever armor.

Even without killing Kars, Rohan could win by giving some ludicrous command such as having Kars live at the bottom of the ocean for eternity.

So far, in the anime, the only stands that I could see outright killing Kars would be Cream and The Hand.

Perhaps The World/Star Platinum if they could figure out how to fully destroy him during a Time step (giving him no window to heal himself). But just damaging Kars would be a challenge.

Defuser

Strangely I was thinking about this yesterday regarding Kars vs Stands. The thing is Kars is a ultimate being which means he has super senses,reflexes,speed, regen, smarts and can create life itself.

Cream and Hand won't work on him because he can regen/contort his body parts to negate/avoid it.

DIO can't beat it with the world because he can't touch Kars, and do it enough Kars will have figure out Dio ability.

Regarding Kira's bomb Kars could sever his body part before the bomb spread through his body.

Heavens door? Maybe but the show proven with RPS kid and that back stand you can still hide a few things from heavens door which is why Rohan nearly got defeated. Also who is not to say Kars can beat Rohan with his eyes literally close and use his other super senses? Josuke beat the crap out of Rohan out of literal blind rage.

Frankly part 3 and 4 stands can't beat him.

Top Bottom