• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

JayEH

How nice of Kira to tell his boss he'll be late for work.

note: Part 5 is rather divisive in the English-speaking Jojo fandom due to having one of the worst English translations ever made (the re-translation isn't done yet, I think?)

the anime'll probably fix that, but yeah

almost done, hopefully within the next few months and definitely before the part 5 anime.

cntr

Banned
That was greato.

I can't believe Stray Cat is technically even better than Killer Queen.

and we finally see the true depths of Okuyasu's stupidity

MrHoot

Fuuuuuuck that was a great episode. Fucking awesome animation in that one, and
SOUND EFFECTS OP (Although this one has a bit less punch than the previous ones..although maybe the next ep will be better ?)

cntr

Banned
the final chapter of DiU is called "The Golden Heart of Morioh", so it's not a Part 5 reference

by the way
i1rkJrK.jpg

Y9mehqf.png

the final chapter of DiU is called "The Golden Heart of Morioh", so it's not a Part 5 reference

by the way

But they changed the entire preview slide to be golden and highlight the word Gold in gold.

I'm gonna be upset if they don't end on a tease of Part 5, its probably the easiest one to do!

There's something about the bubble combat that I've never really liked. Maybe it's how fast & loose Jojo has always been with the passage of time but I just find it a little dull, especially the "Can't you see the bubble, Josuke?" - "I can't see the bubble, Hayato!"

Anyway, it's been an entertaining season, nonetheless.

Goodstyle

Does that mean Kira was actually the panty thief?

I never really got that scene. There's no way Kira would ever go out of his way to steal panties, and I don't think Kosaku was one himself. My theory is that the accuser is the real panty thief, and Kira took a pair and left it out with a trigger to kill the guy off. I don't know why he'd do this, maybe to remove someone that's been snooping around, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

I never really got that scene. There's no way Kira would ever go out of his way to steal panties, and I don't think Kosaku was one himself. My theory is that the accuser is the real panty thief, and Kira took a pair and left it out with a trigger to kill the guy off. I don't know why he'd do this, maybe to remove someone that's been snooping around, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

That's my interpretation too. Speaking of this part, the timing of the panty shot with the music was just perfect.

Krammy

Can we skip Part 5 completely and go right into Part 6?

2YAshWV.png

In all seriousness, I'm actually really excited to see if we do get a Part 5 preview after we didn't for Part 4.

I started tearing up when
Okuyasu showed up with the Hand!
It's cliche, but it's executed so well. How can I not love it?

DavidPro went all out on making this episode look and flow so smooth. This is such a departure from the final fight with DIO in a GREAT-O way.

cntr

Banned
in ASB and EoH, the phone call from the beginning of the episode is one of Kosaku's taunts, and unlike every other character in the game, Okuyasu can erase Killer Queen/Stray Cat's projectiles without them exploding.

meaning that Kosaku is horribly gimped against Okuyasu, but balance isn't that important in a fighting game

Fighting games for fans don't give a shit about balance. Even the Stardust Crusaders fighter by Capcom on the PS1 was busted as fuck with characters like Pet Shop.

Hell if you timed it right, you could win both rounds at the same time with DIO using time stop because the end combo on the time stop is an insta kill, so if you used ZA WARUDO right when round one ended it would continue on to round two

Style

Banned
Never understood why Kira didn't just turn back time after Josuke and Hayato ran in to the house. He'd be better off buying himself time that way.

Style

Banned
He undid Bites the Dust. And it only works if Hayato reveals Kira's name somehow.

It's never really stated in the manga outright, but it's hinted that Kira has a way to trigger Bite The Dust manually, as long as it's planted on a non-stand user. He should be able to do it.

cntr

Banned
Fun thing in this fight:

Josuke used the road to make a wall, like he did in Highway Star,
flicked objects like bullets, which he learned from Jotaro during Ratt,
used his dried blood as a heal-able object, which he learned during Superfly (though this was cut from the anime),
used smoke to see something invisible, which he learned from Joseph rescuing the invisible baby,
and stole a phone, which he also did during Highway Star.

Matsukaze

Still sad that Part 4 is wrapping up. DavidPro did an amazing job and I know the finale is going to be incredible.

Bring on Part 5!

Madao

Fun thing in this fight:

used his dried blood as a heal-able object, which he learned during Superfly (though this was cut from the anime),
used smoke to see something invisible, which he learned from Joseph rescuing the invisible baby,

the invisible one made me recall Vanilla Ice vs Polnareff first but your example makes more sense in context.

I always get so hyped over SFX OP, but it'll probably be the last one cause I doubt they'll show it next week.

Soon it'll be time to say goodbye to the twon of Duwang. Don't be dong ;_;

Tizoc

Kira just felt like it. He has homicidal tendencies and as that guy's laidback attitude ticked him off so he killed him.

It's never really stated in the manga outright, but it's hinted that Kira has a way to trigger Bite The Dust manually, as long as it's planted on a non-stand user. He should be able to do it.

Even if he did that, there was no other normal person around except Hayato and Panty Neighbor.

Style

Banned
He could and should have used the neighbour. He would have the upper hand in a new timeline where Josuke don't know who he is because he slipped up and said his name himself.

Tizoc

Keep in mind that to use Bites the dust, Kira needs to attach his own Stand to someone, thus making it so that he can't use Killer Queen himself while Bites the dust is active.

Speaking of bites the dust, there's a nice little brilliance here-
Generally the HERO would get the final battle power-up, yet in JoJo Part 4, it is the VILLAIN who gets the power up.

Amazing episode, and probably the smoothest and best animated episode of the 3rd cour thank god. Josuke's such a clever and on the spot thinker it's greato. Honestly, he's probably the most creative Jojo with solutions
that aren't funny asspulls, srry Joseph
. I have no idea why they started to play the DIO ost again, but das a good track... so it's fine. My only nitpick with the fight (and this is in regards to the manga as well) is that Hayato is more observant than Jotaro and Josuke combined so idk what's up with that.
Fun thing in this fight:

This and all the refrain shown in the actual fight highlights why it's one of my favourite fights in all of Jojo. The fact that Araki was able to intertwine all of the seemingly mundane elements from the slice of life aspect of DiU into the final battle is so underappreciated and probably one of most well thought out moments of the series
as per usual with jojo, don't expect much of these going foward tho
. The fight itself is a hilariously stark contrast with "SAME STAND LETS GO SUPER SAIYAN AND FLY", only showing Josuke and Kira battle with wits in a rather confined neighbourhood corner. Despite having seemingly powerful abilities, they're are VERY situational, and hence, they have to rely on their environment and available surroundings to get the upper hand on each other once the opportunity presents itself.

Top Bottom