• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Strangely I was thinking about this yesterday regarding Kars vs Stands. The thing is Kars is a ultimate being which means he has super senses,reflexes,speed, regen, smarts and can create life itself.

Cream and Hand won't work on him because he can regen/contort his body parts to negate/avoid it.

DIO can't beat it with the world because he can't touch Kars, and do it enough Kars will have figure out Dio ability.

Regarding Kira's bomb Kars could sever his body part before the bomb spread through his body.

Heavens door? Maybe but the show proven with RPS kid and that back stand you can still hide a few things from heavens door which is why Rohan nearly got defeated. Also who is not to say Kars can beat Rohan with his eyes literally close and use his other super senses? Josuke beat the crap out of Rohan out of literal blind rage.

Frankly part 3 and 4 stands can't beat him.

How would he know when and where he got touched though.

Ezalc

You people forget that for some of these to work they have to touch Kars, and that bastard is pretty fast/strong. I love Kira as much as the next guy, but that dude ain't getting near Kars.

And nobody knows if there could be some potential PILLAR STANDS shit would be bonkers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In the Totally Canon and technically not fanfiction light novel that is Jorge Joestar (Come on Anime Adaptation!), Kars obtains ALL the stands. You heard me, ALL of them. He also steals Killer Queen directly from Kira. Also the town of Morioh grows legs and starts walking.

Thus, I think we all can see how stands stand up to Kars.

He doesn't just steal Killer Queen, he directly talks it over to becoming Kars' stand.

That said, let us never talk about that absolutely disgusting excuse for writing that dares to associate itself with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

also cause it has hella spoilers don't look it up

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
In the Totally Canon and technically not fanfiction light novel that is Jorge Joestar (Come on Anime Adaptation!), Kars obtains ALL the stands. You heard me, ALL of them. He also steals Killer Queen directly from Kira. Also the town of Morioh grows legs and starts walking.

Thus, I think we all can see how stands stand up to Kars.

They should do a movie for Jorge Joestar
Then at the end, it's revealed the whole thing is Koichi reading a manga Rohan made. After he finishes it, Koichi just gives a "no" look at Rohan and leaves.

Skittles

Strangely I was thinking about this yesterday regarding Kars vs Stands. The thing is Kars is a ultimate being which means he has super senses,reflexes,speed, regen, smarts and can create life itself.

Cream and Hand won't work on him because he can regen/contort his body parts to negate/avoid it.

DIO can't beat it with the world because he can't touch Kars, and do it enough Kars will have figure out Dio ability.

Regarding Kira's bomb Kars could sever his body part before the bomb spread through his body.

Heavens door? Maybe but the show proven with RPS kid and that back stand you can still hide a few things from heavens door which is why Rohan nearly got defeated. Also who is not to say Kars can beat Rohan with his eyes literally close and use his other super senses? Josuke beat the crap out of Rohan out of literal blind rage.

Frankly part 3 and 4 stands can't beat him.
The problem with all these assumptions is the fact that kars can't see stands. Even if he could see stands Vanilla Ice still has a very high chance of killing him(as evidenced in part 3 where a few stand users easily got fucked by him). Vanilla Ice is undetectable unless he's in a sandstorm or something. Also, most of Kars durability comes from him being able to prepare his body for the attack. If he's just hit out of nowhere(like the volcano), he gets fucked up like most other people.

cntr

Banned
I doubt that heaven's door could beat ultimate kars. Even if Rohan wrote that he can't attack rohan in him, Kars would just throw a school of piranha at him or something and he'd be fucked.
Remember when Koichi and Hazamada forgot about everything that happened at Rohan's house as soon as they left or tried to tell someone?

Rohan didn't write that in. But Heaven's Door knew that Koichi telling other people would end up harming Rohan, so he forgot. The stuff you write in Heaven's Door aren't genie-like rules, it understands your intent. You can't rules lawyer Heaven's Door, Kars wouldn't be able to do that.

VariantX

But are you also ready for the voice of love to give you caner?

sorry

Question: Killer Queen gotta be the most overpowered Stand in the series right?

I mean, there's the actual stand, and then no less than 3(!) sub-stands.

That's gotta be record in the series right?

You can answer to me with those fancy black bars (just don't spoil any future plot points to me please ^^)

Killer Queen is the perfect example of take a simple concept and push it to its absolute limit. Killer Queen isn't all that great, it's Kira that's amazing. The Hand is an incredible stand that can erase the space in front of it's hand at will, but Okuyasu isn't smart and the true potential of the stand may never be known.

Okuyasu's death feels premature, I really thought we'd get to see more of The Hand. At this rate I'm expecting all the Stand users to die. Except maybe Zyoutarou. And the cat.

ehead

I only watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventures recently (iirc I started 2 or so months ago) and I've got to say this is probably one of the best anime series I've seen. Every arc has great characters and settings (my favorite is probably Stardust Crusaders). Anyway, can't wait for more Killer Queen.

cntr

Banned
typically when I see people do stands vs ultimate kars the assumption is kars can see and interact with stands because reasons

how long can kars move in the stopped time
Jonathan has a bunch of lines in ASB/EoH about how he can't see Stands, but can guess where they are anyway

also there's that fan theory that the Pillar Men "Modes" were stands, which is totally not canon but I kind of like

Don't skip part 1. Watch the dub. It is phenomenal. The voice acting is amazing and the over the top stage play writing, hammy accents, and Castlevania's Dracula as Dio make dubbed part one my favorite adaptation of a Jojo part so far. S'truth!

Does crunchyroll have the dub of P1?

ElFly

Yeah seriously - not being able to see/ sense most aspects of stands is a severe disadvantage.

I dunno if he would not see them

by the end, Kars had dominated the Ripple, and, waaay at the beginning of Jojo 3, the stands were defined as the Ripple of the soul or something

he may have been able to sense them somehow or other

cntr

Banned
there's a bonus side chapter in Part 7 (no spoilers), where Araki retcons hamon (and vampires) as being manifestations of stand power

so yeah, if you trained enough, you can see stands with hamon

Pompadour

there's a bonus side chapter in Part 7 (no spoilers), where Araki retcons hamon (and vampires) as being manifestations of stand power

so yeah, if you trained enough, you can see stands with hamon

I think this may be reading too much into that chapter. It more felt like Araki saying "Look, I just didn't turn my manga about vampires and solar powered martial artists into a manga about psychics fighting each other with super powered robot animal hybrids. They were the same thing all along!"

Karsha

Hasn't Araki himself said that Kars is the strongest JoJo character? I remember him saying something along those lines...
The only problem I have with Kars is that we never see his true power, just some glimpse of it

cntr

Banned
I think this may be reading too much into that chapter. It more felt like Araki saying "Look, I just didn't turn my manga about vampires and solar powered martial artists into a manga about psychics fighting each other with super powered robot animal hybrids. They were the same thing all along!"
There's more to it, but I'll answer in the manga thread because it's close to becoming actual spoilers

Pompadour

Hasn't Araki himself said that Kars is the strongest JoJo character? I remember him saying something along those lines...
The only problem I have with Kars is that we never see his true power, just some glimpse of it

He may very well be but "strongest" is very difficult to quantify in Jojo since a lot of the powers are abstract. It's not like Jojo characters can hold a candle to super powerful, mostly indestructible fictional heroes like Superman or Goku but I'm pretty sure by the nature of stands that someone like Okuyasu could kill either of those characters. Or Rohan, Vanilla Ice, Kira, and numerous characters from future parts.

In other series you can measure who is stronger if one guy can blow up a planet and the other guy can only blow up a moon. In Jojo there's many characters that have abilities to destroy absolutely anything they touch but the characters themselves could potentially trip, fall down some stairs, and die from a broken neck.

We gettin part 5 tease next week bitchesssss. Says so in the next episode title.

If you're referring to what I think you are
I'm pretty sure that Joseph in the ending says that the youth of Morioh have a golden heart, it's not a reference to Vento Aureo being Golden Wind

cntr

Banned
note: Part 5 is rather divisive in the English-speaking Jojo fandom due to having one of the worst English translations ever made (the re-translation isn't done yet, I think?)

the anime'll probably fix that, but yeah

ElFly

note: Part 5 is rather divisive in the English-speaking Jojo fandom due to having one of the worst English translations ever made (the re-translation isn't done yet, I think?)

the anime'll probably fix that, but yeah

or maybe it's just not that good

CRAZY DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE 38

CJ6CBWa.jpg
ICaVCII.jpg
A72chnS.jpg

This cut was so sick

SFX OP YEAH

Cornering Kira is a lot more mundane then cornering DIO but I like that for a battle that takes place in a small town and not for the fate of the world.

I'm going to take this as a Golden Wind tease.

PK Gaming

Josuke Is Unbreakable

Man, that was even more of a rollercoaster of emotions than it was in the manga

My heart stopped when Kira avoided getting decimated with those air bubbles

And
Okuyasa running it back by "deciding" to not die.
Good stuff all around.

I love how we get Kira's perspective for a huge portion of the fight; at this point, he's as much the main character as Josuke is!

Top Bottom