• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Numb

part 4 for me too is one of the weakest so those reply posts to that guy also applies for me

but when I say weakest Jojo in itself is spectacular so it is still good

on another note things became more intense this episode and that ending choice was nice

Feel the same
Still fantastic

Madao

I think what's completely weird about Jotaro, is that he didn't have much of a personality in Part 3, aside from being grumpy 24/7 and he hates high-pitch school girls screaming. That, and his career in Part 4 is that of a Marine Biologist, which is just completely out of the blue for a guy who was a dick to his mother and survived a fight with a vampire that had taken the body of Jotaro's great great-grandfather.

maybe it was in the College with the Marine Biologist career that no one pissed him off.

Matsukaze

Do you guys like part 4 so much because you're all 90's babies? (real question)
Nah. I love it (it's tied for absolute best arc in all JoJo) because it handles the contained setting very well, its characters are especially fun/engaging/memorable and function very well together (for that matter, Josuke is my second favorite JoJo), it expands the capabilities and diversity of Stands in exciting ways without sacrificing the coherence of what a particular Stand does, and it features the hypest antagonist in the entire series.

But that's just me. :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think what's completely weird about Jotaro, is that he didn't have much of a personality in Part 3, aside from being grumpy 24/7 and he hates high-pitch school girls screaming. That, and his career in Part 4 is that of a Marine Biologist, which is just completely out of the blue for a guy who was a dick to his mother and survived a fight with a vampire that had taken the body of Jotaro's great great-grandfather.

It's not entirely out of the blue
in the anime

i mean it's not he didn't have a interest in it already or anything

ue0SqDN.jpg

jstripes

Banned

Well, he wasn't just some random street thug. He had access to a vast fortune to pursue whatever his interests were.

BHK3

Banned
Intro was bad, not even 3D.

ED was literally godlike though, completely makes up for Part 3's piss poor ED's and it's amazing on its own, unbelievable.

Blues1990

maybe it was in the College with the Marine Biologist career that no one pissed him off.
Yeah, but there wasn't any lead up to it. It's like the creator of the manga was like "He loves Marine Biology now!" Despite nothing leading up to it in the manga.

It's not entirely out of the blue
in the anime
I didn't notice that, but I consider the anime and the manga being their own separate thing, despite being an (almost) page-by-page adaptation.

Well, he wasn't just some random street thug. He had access to a vast fortune to pursue whatever his interests were.
He did? I know that his father was a successful musician, but he's the inheritor of Joseph's fortune?

Permanently A

Yeah, but there wasn't any lead up to it. It's like the creator of the manga was like "He loves Marine Biology now!" Despite nothing leading up to it in the manga.

I didn't notice that, but I consider the anime and the manga being their own separate thing, despite being an (almost) page-by-page adaptation.

He did? I know that his father was a successful musician, but he's the inheritor of Joseph's fortune?

In the first episode Jotaro says Josuke will get a third of the inheritance, so I assume the other two go to Suzie and Jotaro.

cntr

Banned
He gets a third via Holly, yeah. And he's succeeded Joseph as the de facto leader of the Speedwagon Foundation, that's how he got all that info about Angelo and Josuke.

Matsukaze

In the first episode Jotaro says Josuke will get a third of the inheritance, so I assume the other two go to Suzie and Jotaro.
Technically, Holly would inherit before Jotaro. Then again, Jotaro's not exactly cut off from the family coffers even without his own piece of the pie, so he'd probably be fine with that.

Goodstyle

Nah. I love it (it's tied for absolute best arc in all JoJo) because it handles the contained setting very well, its characters are especially fun/engaging/memorable and function very well together (for that matter, Josuke is my second favorite JoJo), it expands the capabilities and diversity of Stands in exciting ways without sacrificing the coherence of what a particular Stand does, and it features the hypest antagonist in the entire series.

But that's just me. :)

This. Also because it has what is easily one of the greatest villains of all time.

Are we still expecting this to be 4 cour? I feel like the speed of the Angelo episode might indicate a 3 cour season, and to be honest, I feel like this is the perfect pacing for Jojo. People who were bored to death of Stardust Crusaders would have probably dropped the series entirely if they had to sit through more than 50 episodes of slice of life anime at that same pacing.

Ad0ve

Banned
I doubt they would use two songs from the same band but Affirmation by Savage Garden could be a cool ED for the second part of DiU

Are we still expecting this to be 4 cour? I feel like the speed of the Angelo episode might indicate a 3 cour season, and to be honest, I feel like this is the perfect pacing for Jojo. People who were bored to death of Stardust Crusaders would have probably dropped the series entirely if they had to sit through more than 50 episodes of slice of life anime at that same pacing.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/03/25-1/jojos-bizarre-adventure-diamond-is-unbreakable-episode-count-listed
Seems like DIU is gonna be 39 episodes. First two episodes adapted 4 chapters each, so we are on pace for 43 episodes. 3 cour seems likely.

Skrams

Have people already made a joke picture of Jotaro saying his can't bring him back stuff and then him pumping Josephs heart to bring him back to life? That feels ripe for an easy joke.

I was enjoying watching this because it's Jojo.

And then the 2nd episode's ED song hit and it was a fucking Savage Garden song and I was laughing so fucking hard I had tears in my eyes.

What's kinda amazing about this show is it does some INCREDIBLY interesting things with transitions. I watched a couple videos about how films do not take advantage of the medium they are in to enhance their visuals, and it's something that translated over to games and anime for me. If you are working in a medium that quite literally can be drawn however you choose with no regard to blocking/physical space worries then more people need to utilize that and take advantage. And this is one of the only shows I've seen that actually does that! Look at the transitions! Jotaro getting off the phone in his office and getting into the car in the same fucking shot and driving away. The wall healing up with Jojotaro on one side of it and when it's done both Jojo's are on the other. Dear god, there were so many amazing transitions in the 2nd episode alone that I could give a fucking lecture on them and how astonishing they are.

Squishy3

I was enjoying watching this because it's Jojo.

And then the 2nd episode's ED song hit and it was a fucking Savage Garden song and I was laughing so fucking hard I had tears in my eyes.

What's kinda amazing about this show is it does some INCREDIBLY interesting things with transitions. I watched a couple videos about how films do not take advantage of the medium they are in to enhance their visuals, and it's something that translated over to games and anime for me. If you are working in a medium that quite literally can be drawn however you choose with no regard to blocking/physical space worries then more people need to utilize that and take advantage. And this is one of the only shows I've seen that actually does that! Look at the transitions! Jotaro getting off the phone in his office and getting into the car in the same fucking shot and driving away. The wall healing up with Jojotaro on one side of it and when it's done both Jojo's are on the other. Dear god, there were so many amazing transitions in the 2nd episode alone that I could give a fucking lecture on them and how astonishing they are.
There's some good ones in the first episode too like the wipe transition with Jotaro's face clearing away the Angelo backstory image to the shot of him standing on the balcony at the hotel and the match cut between the shadow of the tree to the tree in front of Josuke's house at the end of the episode.

If you haven't seen this I highly recommend it. Kinda fitting that he did do some work on the Stardust Crusaders OVA, too. :p

If you've seen the Part 3 OVA, you'd probably remember this scene, and lo and behold, Satoshi Kon was the storyboard artist and episode director for the episode this is from.

Dresden

Watched ep 1. This is great. Kinda crazy to see part 4 in animation now, and in such good hands. I love how the art design has shifted series by series to where it is now, with the softer touch and whatnot.

Jotaro in a mentor role hnnnnng. Not a great protag, but a great brofigure.

Jeez, don't know how I forgot about Angelo with how damn menacing his story is. Definitely don't remember that raping 14 year olds bit. Fuckin hell Araki, this is before you got moved to seinen.

Oh yeah, episode was amazing.

cntr

Banned
Jeez, don't know how I forgot about Angelo with how damn menacing his story is. Definitely don't remember that raping 14 year olds bit. Fuckin hell Araki, this is before you got moved to seinen.

Oh yeah, episode was amazing.
that's because the guy was really boring in the manga

Thud

Isnt 39 episodes a rumor at this point?
Dont mind if it is true
Means we get part 5 anime early :D

Part 4 has more chapters than Part 3 tho. David Pro did part 3 like they should. I don't expect them to keep up this pace.

If they do keep up the 4.5 chapter per episode average, then you can fit 39 episodes yeah. This part also benefits from it, with more drawn out battles.

Isnt 39 episodes a rumor at this point?
Dont mind if it is true
Means we get part 5 anime early :D

It's from the official French streaming site which has been correct about all the episode numbers its revealed up to now. It's as official a source as we can get until the disc solicitation.

Kysen

First time I have watched anything from this anime and after the first 2 episodes wtf is going on.
Dogs heads being bitten off and blood spat out! Random gore out of nowhere.

First time I have watched anything from this anime and after the first 2 episodes wtf is going on.
Dogs heads being bitten off and blood spat out! Random gore out of nowhere.
Jojo is surprisingly gory at times, all of it. Bad stuff happens to dogs too, unfortunately.

Nottle

It's because the shrieking reminds him of dolphin noises. He'd turn around and see it was just some schoolgirl and not some sweet majestic dolphin.

Honestly I just chalk it up to character development. In part 3 he is a angsty teenager that lacks social graces so he just stays quiet. Part 4 he is a little more normal but still has some attitude problems.

I mean I didn't expect Speedwagon to be a real estate mogul/ oil tycoon or for Joseph to be responsible enough to run the Speedwagon foundation.

Top Bottom