• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

So um...is Josuke using his own blood like how Hisoka uses Bungee Gum?

Once his blood dries it's not "part" of him anymore, but his dried blood is its own thing now, so the dried blood on the glass was trying to reconnect with the dried blood on Kira (from the blood Josuke threw last episode).

Once his blood dries it's not "part" of him anymore, but his dried blood is its own thing now, so the dried blood on the glass was trying to reconnect with the dried blood on Kira (from the blood Josuke threw last episode).
I got that part, it's just something that instinctively reminded me of Bungee Gum since it's something that Hisoka must attach to something to be effective. And Okuyasu just pulled off an Obito Uchiha.

So um...is Josuke using his own blood like how Hisoka uses Bungee Gum?

m1oKJY2.jpg

To provide context as to where Josuke got the idea from. This was such a stupid thing to omit, yet they had time to animate Jotaro opening a door with Star Platinum :p

So, can Josuke fix things out side his range? Cause he threw the glass to get it behind Kira, then used his Crazy D to fix it and send it into Kiras shoulder

Dunkley

After the SFX opening I was already ready to be hype for the unannounced Vento Aureo anime.

But I guess we're getting a bit more of Duwang so that's good, but now I am already excited for something I don't think is even announced to be a thing yet.

Here's hoping for a tease, Vento Aureo is one of the Parts I am the most excited about besides Steel Ball Run.

King Boo

excellent episode. i don't know what i like more. kira bowing while on the phone, or the neighbor's fate.

feel bad for the ghost dad.

After the SFX opening I was already ready to be hype for the unannounced Vento Aureo anime.

But I guess we're getting a bit more of Duwang so that's good, but now I am already excited for something I don't think is even announced to be a thing yet.

Here's hoping for a tease, Vento Aureo is one of the Parts I am the most excited about besides Steel Ball Run.
I can't wait to set expectations for p5 right when DiU ends. It gets a really unfair rep
even if it does have huge problems

Holy shit this was fantastic. SFX Opening, epic fight and water melon hair. Poor Kira being cornered.

Only one more episode. Omg time flew by. I dont want it to end :(

Maybe we are lucky and David gonna put in something extra next week to tease the future.

Man I'm not ready for Jojo to end, fucking up my Friday routine.

I love how Araki was able to go from world ending threats like Dio to such a scaled back villain like Kira and have it feel just as high stakes.

Neoxon

I still find it weird that his near-death experience resulted in Okuyasu actually making two smart moves with The Hand, nullifying the bubble bomb & taking away Stray Cat from Killer Queen.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Well shit, I did not expect to be crying why Okyassu got back. Knew it was coming, but it was that soft melody in the background and his cavalier attitude in the face of this very dire situation. It really hit me hard.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I like how they are treating Jotaro like the Superman of this show(makes sense due to his stand powers). Kira knew he was screwed once Jotaro saw him and Josuke. Gave me the same feeling as that time when Superman crossed over into BTAS. Batman's rogues didn't stand a chance.

Hellix

There's something about the bubble combat that I've never really liked. Maybe it's how fast & loose Jojo has always been with the passage of time but I just find it a little dull, especially the "Can't you see the bubble, Josuke?" - "I can't see the bubble, Hayato!"

Anyway, it's been an entertaining season, nonetheless.

I feel the same. As much as I like Killer Queen, the stand does not get a lot of "action" scenes. I suppose it is to be expected since it is isn't really a close-combat type stand.

Pompadour

I understand that different studios probably handled the episodes but it was weird going from the last few episodes having such awesome content but the animation being crappy in parts and this episode opens with a pervert licking his lips with absolutely beautiful animation before being exploded into eyeballs.

Still completely fantastic, though.

I understand that different studios probably handled the episodes but it was weird going from the last few episodes having such awesome content but the animation being crappy in parts and this episode opens with a pervert licking his lips with absolutely beautiful animation before being exploded into eyeballs.

Still completely fantastic, though.

It's not different studios. (I mean, it is to a certain extent due to outsourcing partial/complete episodes, but this episode had partially outsourced animation as well.) Rather, it's the production staff scheduling more time for the completion of this episode than previous ones, since they're prioritizing it as the climax, as well as pulling in highly skilled freelance animators such as Yoshihiko Umakoshi (a mentor for character designer Terumi Nishii). It's a common practice in TV anime, where deadlines are constantly looming, to sacrifice the quality of certain episodes so that the quality of more important episodes can be prioritized.

I'm a little sad we didn't keep the Bites the Dust version of OP this week, but I guess it makes sense when BTD is no longer at play anymore.
The sound effects were a neat touch.

I still find it weird that his near-death experience resulted in Okuyasu actually making two smart moves with The Hand, nullifying the bubble bomb & taking away Stray Cat from Killer Queen.

His brain cells got a zenkai boost from the out-of-body trauma.

Pompadour

It's not different studios. (I mean, it is to a certain extent due to outsourcing partial/complete episodes, but this episode had partially outsourced animation as well.) Rather, it's the production staff scheduling more time for the completion of this episode than previous ones, since they're prioritizing it as the climax, as well as pulling in highly skilled freelance animators such as Yoshihiko Umakoshi (a mentor for character designer Terumi Nishii). It's a common practice in TV anime, where deadlines are constantly looming, to sacrifice the quality of certain episodes so that the quality of more important episodes can be prioritized.

I guess I understand this as this episode is effectively the climax but the last two episodes adapted what I consider the most memorable moments of Part 4. I guess I just wanted the Josuke discovering Kira moment to have a million frames of animation to match what I felt when I first read that chapter.

Lum1n3s

Season 4 was legit good, started off not enjoying due to its slice of life aspect but once it took off with that ghost girl and her dog as well as some other episodes before hand I definitely sunk my teeth into it. Can't believe we are 39 episodes in already and only one left until it all comes to an end.

jett

D-Member
What a strange cliffhanger, with the villain on the ropes.

This final battle is not as good as previous parts, but it's still gureito.

Defuser

It's kinda awesome when you think about it. Kira got 2 abilities, 2 power ups through the arrow and stray cat and yet he got outwitted by Josuke who never got any power ups except the things he learn over the course of DIU.

DJwest

I like how they are treating Jotaro like the Superman of this show(makes sense due to his stand powers). Kira knew he was screwed once Jotaro saw him and Josuke. Gave me the same feeling as that time when Superman crossed over into BTAS. Batman's rogues didn't stand a chance.
Do I remember this wrong or did Kira not say in the manga that he created Bite the Dust specifically to ensure he never met Jotaro again?

I hope Part 5 doesn't take forever to get animated.
Agreed.

So Josuke just breaks the face of a guy he's never seen before with Crazy Diamond. Is Josuke the first Jojo to attack a non stand user with his stand? Lol I forgot about this fool hitting on Tomoko and then eating his car door afterwards.

Season 4 was legit good, started off not enjoying due to its slice of life aspect but once it took off with that ghost girl and her dog as well as some other episodes before hand I definitely sunk my teeth into it. Can't believe we are 39 episodes in already and only one left until it all comes to an end.
Same for me. The first half was good, but it didn't grab me. It was the episode when we find out Kira exist that I found myself really getting into it.

m1oKJY2.jpg

To provide context as to where Josuke got the idea from. This was such a stupid thing to omit, yet they had time to animate Jotaro opening a door with Star Platinum :p

Looking at this made me firm in my commitment to not read the manga. I can't make heads or tails of those images. Some series for me just gain so much through animation that it's incomparable.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I forgot how kick ass the final fight was, that was damn good.

I don't expect anything from Part 5 at this pace. At best, we will get like a 30 second tease.

Top Bottom