• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

King Boo

It's kinda awesome when you think about it. Kira got 2 abilities, 2 power ups through the arrow and stray cat and yet he got outwitted by Josuke who never got any power ups except the things he learn over the course of DIU.

yeah it is, although it looks like he would have lost if he didn't get saved by the hand.

so kira is a guy that cuts people hands off, and as punishment, gets defeated by the hand

Neoxon

Vk8PQMT.jpg

Breads

Banned
Not sure how I feel about a serial killer creepin on a naked women being out in the open like that. Link it and add nsfw tags for your own good.

convo

What a strange cliffhanger, with the villain on the ropes.

This final battle is not as good as previous parts, but it's still gureito.

Mental strength was the theme of this part so we got a battle of wits instead of pure raw power, although i think bite the dust is an escalation in terms of final villian powers.

Looking at this made me firm in my commitment to not read the manga. I can't make heads or tails of those images. Some series for me just gain so much through animation that it's incomparable.

That's not the actual page though. Someone copy/pasted elements from different pages and panels.

Pretty much. The first Killer Queen/Crazy Diamond confrontation, for example, is very well plotted.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's been so long since I read part 4 I forgot Kira also does the Dio walk.

latest

Episode 38

SFX OP, bitches! Hell yeah!

That episode was fun. It's amazing how DiU has progressed from the very first episode. It's pretty amazing that we're now here at the finale almost a full year later. It's wonderful.

The battle itself was pretty great. Both Kira and Josuke were using their wits through the entire fight, and it's so cool that a battle taking place on a street corner and in a house was just as tense as any of the other final battles.

Favourite moments of the episode are either the panty guy or the phonecall Kira makes at the start. I love that he takes the time to call his boss and apologize for getting in a stand battle. Both were hilarious.

I actually kind of feel sorry for Kira at the end there, being completely cornered with no way out. The guy just wanted to live a quiet life. He even says so himself.

PK Gaming

I feel the same. As much as I like Killer Queen, the stand does not get a lot of "action" scenes. I suppose it is to be expected since it is isn't really a close-combat type stand.

Not singling you out, but I keep seeing this thrown out and it isn't true.

dLSrHsG.png

Killer Queen ranks among the stronger close range stands. It only seems weak because Josuke is goddamn ridiculous. We're talking about the guy who put Jotaro on the defensive, can instantly react to a bullet and can throw punches at 300mph.

There are very, very, very, very few characters who can beat Josuke at his effective attack range.

StoneFox

So Josuke just breaks the face of a guy he's never seen before with Crazy Diamond. Is Josuke the first Jojo to attack a non stand user with his stand? Lol I forgot about this fool hitting on Tomoko and then eating his car door afterwards.
I guess if you count Hamon, Joseph fucked up that policeman's hand with the soda bottle cap. And then there was that poor woman that got a pigeon shoved down her throat.

Like father, like son I guess.

Not singling you out, but I keep seeing this thrown out and it isn't true.

dLSrHsG.png

Killer Queen ranks among the stronger close range stands. It only seems weak because Josuke is goddamn ridiculous. We're talking about the guy who put Jotaro on the defensive, can instantly react to a bullet and can throw punches at 300mph.

There are very, very, very, very few characters who can beat Josuke at his effective attack range.

Yeah. Killer Queen's good at close-range combat. It's just not ridiculously good at it.

Hell, we even have the in-story example of Killer Queen completely outclassing Echoes Act 3 with just his fists. The only three stands we know can outclass Killer Queen in close combat are Star Platinum, Crazy Diamond and, in a different way, The Hand.

Wait... how did Hayato ever call Josuke in the first place to lure him within earshot of Kira?

Or was his "I made a phone call!" thing a bluff?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... how did Hayato ever call Josuke in the first place to lure him within earshot of Kira?

Or was his "I made a phone call!" thing a bluff?

Hayato called Josuke's house and then hung up on him when he answered. Hayato just needed to wake him up since Josuke was going to be late otherwise.

NEO0MJ

Hell, we even have the in-story example of Killer Queen completely outclassing Echoes Act 3 with just his fists. The only three stands we know can outclass Killer Queen in close combat are Star Platinum, Crazy Diamond and, in a different way, The Hand.

Well charged Red Hot Chili Pepper can also win, I bet.

Another problem is that Kira doesn't have much experience fighting unlike Josuke who probably even before meeting Jotaro was involved in plenty of fights, even if they are with non-stand users.

Eumi

Well charged Red Hot Chili Pepper can also win, I bet.

Another problem is that Kira doesn't have much experience fighting unlike Josuke who probably even before meeting Jotaro was involved in plenty of fights, even if they are with non-stand users.
Ok, so is charged RHCP just the best close combat stand? I mean, it fucking severed Okuyasu's arm clean off.

It's a shame he never came back. Would have loved to see a pseudo redemption like highway star, although considering Akira is a muderer (at least in screen murderer) I guess it'd be a little odd.

cntr

Banned
Akira shows up in one of the Rohan spinoffs after leaving prison, and he sort of redeems himself there. But not really.

He technically hasn't murdered anyone, he just tried to with Joseph

Apharmd

uh

so what's the math behind this

divide josuke's height with his finger's height

you get twenty

multiply twenty to length of kira's arm, you get distance from kira's face to josuke's body

they're two similarly proportioned triangles. not sure the exact wording because it's been a longass time since i took geometry

Top Bottom