• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

plot outline

efa.png

It would be neat, but I do like that Araki did unique alternate takes on *insert spoiler content that can only be talked about in the manga thread*

efa.png

It would be neat, but I do like that Araki did unique alternate takes on *insert spoiler content that can only be talked about in the manga thread*
Yeah it seems like the chances of Araki sitting down and writing up a plot outline are minimal. Stand bullshit is of the highest priority followed by posing.

cntr

Banned
Avdol is boss, and I think extremely underlooked for being one of the very few prominent Arab and Muslim characters in any kind of media, especially Japanese media. One of my favourite Jojo characters and I'm still deeply disappointed in how Araki dealt with him.
For what it's worth, there's no way Araki could've gotten away with it back when SDC was running. Avdol was liked, but never that popular, and trying to focus the story on him would be what Araki calls an "adventurous move", i.e., the editors would kill him if he tried to do it.

The editors stopped interfering as much in DiU, and well, just look at how much more experimental and inventive DiU is compared to the last three parts.

I'm up-to-date with the manga and I can't even tell whether you guys are spoiling shit or not half the time.

Butthole laser stand, either y'all watch too much 2 Best Friends or I need to ask myself whether Jorge Joestar should actually be canon.

Man...Naruto ain't got shit on this.
That one dude with the Dark Side of the Moon stand is pretty cool. I like that they went back and made a companion to the sun, except it's the actual moon and he has the power to control large bodies of water and create meteors.

I'm full of shit and don't read the manga

Madao

if it was any other series, the fake spoilers would be dismissed instantly but, since this is Jojo, i thought i was being actually spoiled for a bit.

Jojo is so bizarre that fake spoilers can be less bizarre than the real thing.

Tizoc

Yo talk about part 1-4 stuff ONLY in this thread.
Save later part talk for the manga thread please.

Don't make me be strict with the Part 5 anime when that starts airing.

Dunkley

I can't wait to set expectations for p5 right when DiU ends. It gets a really unfair rep
even if it does have huge problems

It does
, but I am still really excited to see some of the fights animated.

Especially Girono and Mista vs. Ghiaccio

My favorite thing about that stand is its secondary ability to turn other objects into mirrors for optimal laser positioning
Or its third ability to give it's opponent uncontrollable diarrhea so they have to flee the battlefield

It's called「 TACO BELL - REQUIEM 」. Bellavista gets it near the end of Part 10.

cntr

Banned
Araki hasn't said how many parts he wants to do, but it'll probably go up to part 9 and finish in 10-15 years or something.

Honestly the only reason I picked it specifically was because it looked the best out of all part 4 stands. Didn't read or look up anything else about it until later.
Yes Killer Queen is one baller ass stand design, I like it better than the main bad guy stand of the next part. I have no fucking idea what the Part 6 evil stando looks like though.

Yes Killer Queen is one baller ass stand design, I like it better than the main bad guy stand of the next part. I have no fucking idea what the Part 6 evil stando looks like though.
If I were to pick again I'd probably choose something a lot less expensive, like, it's gotta be dirt cheap.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pretty much all stands are Song and Band names here on out, so expect more Localizations that don't match what the characters are saying, like Crazy Shining Diamond

Kthulhu

It's godlike. Araki introduces his villains in a new way in Part 5 & 6. Which makes the big bass reveals so much better.

I won't spoil anything, but IMO part 6's villan is one of the best. Almost as good as Kira.

Zocano

Fun fight, Kira has made up for a really lackluster first half of this part/season and then some. It's a shame that he'll probably (definitely?) bite it but oh well, he was great while he was around. Real fun villain.

Part 1 and Part 2 still my favorite though (Part 1 has a slight edge over 2 ).

I hope he takes Hayato with him, fuck that kid, I want to see him explode and stay dead this time.

Fun fight, Kira has made up for a really lackluster first half and then some. It's a shame that he'll probably (definitely?) bite it but oh well, he was great while he was around. Real fun villain.

I hope he takes Hayato with him, fuck that kid, I want to see him explode and stay dead this time.
What? Fuck you
Hayato is great, way better than Koichi at least.

Top Bottom