• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Mupod

Do you guys like part 4 so much because you're all 90's babies? (real question)

I've never really thought much about the time periods/settings aside from SBR.

But Part 4 is a strange thing to me because I always thought it started out as the weakest part and ended up arguably the strongest. On top of that I haven't re-read it since long before it got a proper translation - it had that kind of impact on me despite Duwang. Combine that with how great this adaptation is shaping up to be and I'm really looking forward to keeping up with this one. I lost interest in the last two outings because I've read parts 2 and 3 multiple times in the past, and I long ago had already seen most of my favorite parts of 3 animated.

I wanted to fuck DIO
Who wouldn't want to fuck a man that walks like this
QstV30.gif

fireindexed.gif

It's because the shrieking reminds him of dolphin noises. He'd turn around and see it was just some schoolgirl and not some sweet majestic dolphin.

Honestly I just chalk it up to character development. In part 3 he is a angsty teenager that lacks social graces so he just stays quiet. Part 4 he is a little more normal but still has some attitude problems.

I mean I didn't expect Speedwagon to be a real estate mogul/ oil tycoon or for Joseph to be responsible enough to run the Speedwagon foundation.

Honestly I can easily see Joseph running the SPW Foundation if only because of his respect of Speedwagon, but where the fuck did the real state giant part come from

bronk

Banned
Hey guys ive only watched the Jojo animes. I loooooved the first part. Loved the second part. I hated the last one with the the strainds or whatever its called. Would I like this one?

wwm0nkey

Hey guys ive only watched the Jojo animes. I loooooved the first part. Loved the second part. I hated the last one with the the strainds or whatever its called. Would I like this one?
Stands will now have crazy powers that require a lot of thought to defeat and are not as plain as the ones in 3. Its still a fight of the week with a plot that slowly unfolds and over all it's (IMO) MUCH better than 3

Part 4 still has Stands but the battles are more balanced and interesting while Stands remain crazy unpredictable. Characters, both heroes and villains, are much more entertaining with varied motivations. All that kind of benefits from a consistent setting where you'll care more about characters and the dangers the protagonists and others might face.

It only just started (on ep. 2) so you can give the first 5 or so to see if you wanna stick around.

Pein

Banned
The episodes of been good so far, Im gonna miss the bulked out character designs though not gonna lie.

I think stands are cool too, I mean ripple is really dope but you can only do so much and take it so far in the end, but man ripple had really had some incredible fights.

also I was rewatching iggy vs petshop anybody know the name of the track that starts here?
https://youtu.be/C9YQYAj5cnw?t=55

Permanently A

Its tough to say without knowing why you hate part 3. If you hated it because of the monster of the week formula, Part 4 is much better in its execution of it. If you hated it because of stands, well stands are in Part 4 too. So give the first two episodes a shot and see if you dig it.

Soriku

Everyone here is mentioning the Stands...but did you not like part 3 for reasons other than the Stands?

Opto

Banned

The stands are more interesting and people use tricks more? So maybe?

jgminto

Moving away from Ripple is the best thing Araki could have done for the series. Ripple is really no different from any other shounen energy and there was little left to be done with it. Stands on the other hand basically have endless possibilities. It's been over 25 years since Stardust Crusaders was published and Araki is still coming up with new takes on the concept.

Moving away from Ripple is the best thing Araki could have done for the series. Ripple is really no different from any other shounen energy and there was little left to be done with it. Stands on the other hand basically have endless possibilities. It's been over 25 years since Stardust Crusaders was published and Araki is still coming up with new takes on the concept.
So part four is the birth of "WTF stands" and the death of "Punch Ghosts?"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, Phantom Blood is the weakest Jojo part for me. I recently reread the manga version (the English Jojonium copies are pretty nice), and the huge asshole that is Dio is the only great part about it. Battle Tendency trumps it in almost every possible way, other than having a shitty main villain. Fist of the North Star is also way better than Phantom Blood.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How are Cars, Wham and ACDC shitty villains? They're only bad cause they're not god tier douchebags like Dio.

Kars is a dull main antagonist, especially compared to Dio.

Wham is the best member of the pillarmen by far. ACDC is just kind of there. He puts a ring on Joseph, kicks a meaningless character, cries, and possesses a minor character before Joseph and Caesar kill him. Santana is okay I guess.

Kars is a dull main antagonist, especially compared to Dio.

Wham is the best member of the pillarmen by far. ACDC is just kind of there. He puts a ring on Joseph, kicks a meaningless character, cries, and possesses a minor character before Joseph and Caesar kill him. Santana is okay I guess.
Cars will always be that guy that played air guitar with Lisa Lisa's leg to me. I can't hate him just for that reason.

cntr

Banned
Jorge Joestar has spoilers for every part up to part 7, so don't read it yet, and talk about it in the manga thread.

Cars will always be that guy that played air guitar with Lisa Lisa's leg to me. I can't hate him just for that reason.
The best part is that was an ad lib by the voice actor for the anime, and didn't happen in the manga.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

There's that bit and the killer squirrel hand. The latter is probably one of my favorite moments in the series.

Also don't look up anything about it because it's got spoilers all over it.

Jorge Joestar has spoilers for every part up to part 7, so don't read it yet, and talk about it in the manga thread.

This is true, apologies if anyone looked it up and saw any spoilers for future parts. The bit I mentioned is entirely irrelevant to the series canon, though, so don't worry about that showing up in future parts.

The best part is that was an ad lib by the voice actor for the anime, and didn't happen in the manga.
I guess Cars' voice actor was really into his character.
There's that bit and the killer squirrel hand. The latter is probably one of my favorite moments in the series.
That shit was hilarious. Part 2 really was just crazy and I need to find time to rewatch that and part 3. Still can't believe they had Nazi Cyborg Guile in there.

It'll be hard for any JoJo villain to top Dio IMO simply because Dio was perfectly built up in part 1 and part 3. Even if later villains may have individual better moments or more villainous plans they'll always get compared back to Dio who really set the stand...ard.

Top Bottom