• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

jett

D-Member
That was a bit anti-climatic to be honest, but it was a nice ending overall. Show almost made me believe Kira had gotten away with it again. :p

And that dumb invisible baby amounted to nothing.

Guess now it's time to wait again. Not sure what to think on what I've read about part 5 tho.

PK Gaming

Man, what a ride. Waiting anxiously for each new episode, talking about single aspect of the show, no matter how trivial, JoJokes... it's been a great time you guys. That final episode especially shocked me; I surprised at how emotional it made me, this anime really did add a ton to the source material. Seriously, it's genuinely crazy how the anime adaption to my favorite part ended up being goddamn amazing. I never thought it'd be that good, given how average SC was, but here we are. It was like the perfect storm of quality source material and quality adaptation.

cntr

Banned
WiaweWj.png

Aww, they left out the little mention that Okuyasu's dad adopted Stray Cat because SC likes him. Well, they kinda showed it, but without the mention it's kinda "????"

Also that Suzie Q got pissed Joseph brought a strange baby home.

PK Gaming

As much as Kira deserved to die, I didn't really enjoy him dying, it's weird...same with Dio.

JoJo's one of the rare shonens that makes you empathize with the villain

Especially Kira. The way it was shot from his perspective, as he desperately tried to escape from dying... goddamn.

As much as Kira deserved to die, I didn't really enjoy him dying, it's weird...same with Dio.

I feel bad for all the anime onlys that got spoiled about the ambulance with EVERY comment section in youtube being spammed with "WHERE DA AMBULANCE". His death literally coming from out of nowhere made it so goddamn enjoyable to witness in the manga. Probably my 2nd favourite "villain death" in Jojo because of that.

I feel bad for all the anime onlys that got spoiled about the ambulance with EVERY comment section in youtube being spammed with "WHERE DA AMBULANCE". His death literally coming from out of nowhere made it so goddamn enjoyable to witness in the manga. Probably my 2nd favourite "villain death" in Jojo because of that.
I don't think I was spoiled with that one. I was shocked and horrified.
JoJo's one of the rare shonens that makes you empathize with the villain

Especially Kira. The way it was shot from his perspective, as he desperately tried to escape from dying... goddamn.
Who knew a serial killer with a hand fetish and OCD could be enjoyable.

cntr

Banned
I've always thought Kira dying by an ambulance was fitting

He isn't punched to pieces or launched into space, he dies like a normal person

Neptonic

I knew about the ambulance going in, but I thought it struck him while he was standing up, didn't know is basically crushed his head.

VariantX

I've always thought Kira dying by an ambulance was fitting

He isn't punched to pieces or launched into space, he dies like a normal person

He kind of got the death he deserved because of the life he wanted to live, he didn't want to stand out, just blend in (while murdering young women and chopping off their pretty hands and going on dates with them in secret). So he died in a regular, squishy, ugly and inglorious fashion like anyone else would. It really is awesome when looking it in that way.

Kira got the death of that dude from the Sopranos. I'm going to miss the Duwang Gang, they're like the best friends I'm never going to meet. They were a much better crew than the SDC guys.

Auctopus

The sign of a great villain is that when
he was sucked in to a void, I didn't fully believe he was gone

Quite a pedestrian ending as JoJos go but entertaining nonetheless, loved the theme medley that played throughout.

I think my favourite episode in the end was Highway Go Go Part 2.

Kthulhu

Kira got the death of that dude from the Sopranos. I'm going to miss the Duwang Gang, they're like the best friends I'm never going to meet. They were a much better crew than the SDC guys.

Just wait till you see the part 5 bois.

Part 5 may be my 2nd least favorite Jojo, but the crew is the best out of all of them.

Madao

now i'm wondering if Bites the Dust could have been activated after Kira was dead but before he was pulled by the hands.
i guess the fact there were no strangers around to use it made it very unlikely but it's still something i'm wondering. would be insane if he could have come back to life.

or maybe it's like what we saw and it no longer works once he's dead even if he uses it.

convo

He had enough vengeance to try to kill a ghost knowing he was already dead, so i guess you can admire his conviction. He wanted to hammer the nurses' hands to a wall though.

You Kira biting the dust the way he did really works.
If somebody told you the main bad guy died because an ambulance accidently ran over his head no would really believe it...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I likely won't be able to watch till after Christmas, did they leave in Jotaro saying it was an accident after he pushed Kira into the truck with his time stopping magics?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This episode was the greatest Jojo episode I've ever seen. The fucking animation in this episode was beyond anything we've ever gotten IMO and combine that with the soundtrack and you get this beauty. I knew they'd play that track when Reimi was going to depart and it still made me feel sad/happy during that whole scene. Beautiful song. Then we get Great Days performed by all the fucking artists from previous OPs and I'm saying, fuck yes with a huge fucking grin on my face. So good, man.

By the way, the ending scene with Josuke, Koichi, and Okuyasu:

https://youtu.be/9J-AYx68Mfk

10/10 episode.

Fantastic last episode. I really liked the added scenes at the end.

It got all the feels and left me teary eyed.

Now its time for sadness but also the hype for Part 5 begins.

Farewell Morioh.

Jex

Aww, they left out the little mention that Okuyasu's dad adopted Stray Cat because SC likes him. Well, they kinda showed it, but without the mention it's kinda "????"

Also that Suzie Q got pissed Joseph brought a strange baby home.

They'll probably flesh that scene out into a 20 minute OVA.

He had enough vengeance to try to kill a ghost knowing he was already dead, so i guess you can admire his conviction. He wanted to hammer the nurses' hands to a wall though.
I'm fully aware of how fucked up he was, he just ended up being a very compelling and likable villain from a villain standpoint. Also sad how Shinobu was the only one that loved him, minus his dad.

Man the death scene. Mira's head twisting and the sound of the ambulance crushing his skull...yikes!!
Do nailed this episode. So many great transitions and the epilogue was a real tear jerker 😭

They'll probably flesh that scene out into a 20 minute OVA.

It's not even really a scene, it's just a mention in the manga that Suzie thought Joseph cheated again.

Also this ending is really good thematically since it just has Kira being rejected by everything. He dies a pathetic death and Morioh finishes off his soul in a horrifying manner, as if the town itself rejects him as well.

Also, in complete subversion of this series, the dead dog is actually the true hero!

Also, I think they cut a line during the alleyway, because I remember Kira saying something like "Well I may be dead but hanging out here forever will actually be the peaceful existence I wanted"

cntr

Banned
He said that he'd try and continue killing as a ghost, since he still has Killer Queen.

that's probably why he became a ghost in the first place

It's weird, I distinctly remember a manga scene where Josuke's mother unexpectedly runs into Joseph and is able to recognize him. She's simultaneously angry at him and concerned about how old he appears to be now. Since no one is talking about this scene being left out, I must have imagined it.

Anyway, this last episode handled everything perfectly. I really appreciated the added scenes at the end. Hopefully Part 5 gets the same treatment.

Top Bottom