• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

dan2026

And lo Kira was squashed by the very ambulance that was supposed to save him.
An ironic death.

Bring on Part 5 I guess.

29640469_post1214700250.jpg

Yeah this always stood out for me in they DIU ending. It's straight up a bad ending for those two. I think it's worse than thinking her husband abandoned her. I feel like it's implied that she truly believes he's coming back someday. Forever.
That's cause Shinobu actually loved Kira. Her whole demeanor changed once he came into her life and now dude's dead with half a face. And you know what? Kira always came back to her. He never really cheated on her until he lost his shit and killed some fucking annoying hipsters.

I feel sad for Hayato and Shinobu.
Hayato didn't really get the closure he wanted by seeing Kira punished for killing his father. And Shinobu is left in the dark and is going to assume her husband abandoned his son and wife, which is going to have lasting effects on her emotionally.

Not a very happy ending for those two.

Not to mention they're probably screwed financially.

Philippo

Great ending.
What a pitiful end Kira got, but he got what he deserved, nothing but a scum that deserved to die in the most loser way possible
mind you he's my favourite JoJo character but still

Also, quite a bit of negative outcomings in the ending: Rohan x Reimi is quite the sad pairing (although it was fun to see him breakdown during the goodbye); Okuyasu's father remains a monster (luckily though his son finally accepts him no matter what); but mostly Shinobu and Hayato will never go back to a happy life, one will keep being oblivious and heartbroken while the other has been through some tough shit and will never be able to talk about it. :(

Still, what a great season, most definitely my favourite Part up until now.

Now the wait for Vento Aureo is going to be terrific, even if i knew there wasn't going to be a teaser i kept hoping till the last second lol

Goodbye Morioh!

D-Man

The final episode was honestly gureato. The season in general was a fun ride even though it had some low points. It was super fun to see my favorite part get animated though.

Can't wait for Part 5!

tumblr_oinp0gQDyT1sqgaz7o5_540.jpg

Rohan giving in to Koichi's angry faces was the best thing ever lol. Couldnt stop rewinding.

Enjoyed how the ending was only enabled by Koichi's quick thinking, unlike other parts where vital key characters were killed off when they were needed most (see Caesar or even Kakyoin), here we get the most important character performing admirably rising to meet the call of duty. Perfect. Koichi gets to join Caesar in the hall of fame of best JJBA characters for me.

Pt2 is still the best though, this will fall being under pt 3 though, slow start and the middle was just plain dull at times. And we only stayed in this one city, for an adventure one would want more of a journey through different environments.

Aki-at

Loved the finale and it caused me to watch some of the older episodes. Now I remember when they first met Rohan and we found out about Josuke's past, remember expecting that to come back later in the series but it was never touched again heh.

Definitely my favourite part and the finale had everything I had hoped for and more. Going to miss this show :(

Loved the finale and it caused me to watch some of the older episodes. Now I remember when they first met Rohan and we found out about Josuke's past, remember expecting that to come back later in the series but it was never touched again heh.

Definitely my favourite part and the finale had everything I had hoped for and more. Going to miss this show :(

If there's anything I wanted to be in Jorge Joestar, it's heaaaaavily implied future Josuke :[

THAT ENDING WAS PERFECT. Glad that Kira tried using Bites The Dust again because it'd be weird as hell if that was a one-and-done power, being as OP as it is. But I did NOT expect it giving Koichi his moment of glory. And then Jotaro gets to finish the job (well, sort of) as he damn well should. AND THEN REIMI GETS HER REVENGE YESSSSSSS

Bring on Part 5.

Concerning Josuke's flashback, I'm convinced that the man that helped him as a kid really was intended to be a time traveling Josuke. Araki probably had in mind a time reversing ability for the final boss from the start, but as the end approached, he decided that a simple ability like that was boring and it didn't fully fit Kira's character. And then he decided there wasn't an easy way to fit Josuke being sent back in time, and thus didn't bother.

Aw, all of those credits scenes with Koichi onward were brand new.

The post-script in the manga was way more vague and only covered a few characters and said that the baby was named Shizuka Joestar and that Suzi Q threw a fit when she assumed it was another lovechild. It also implied that Joseph's mind returned and that it was the lack of stimulation that caused him to get so slow.

I love this. Makes perfect sense. Shame Joseph is probably dead by the time we next see any Joestars, I imagine. :(

Style

Banned
I love this. Makes perfect sense. Shame Joseph is probably dead by the time we next see any Joestars, I imagine. :(

Don't think it counts as a spoiler, but Joseph isn't really brought up anymore. Araki did say in an interview around the time of Part 6 that Joseph is still alive though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Part 5 takes place in 2001, I don't think Joseph kicked it that soon.

Regarding Joseph:
Araki said that Joseph is "likely" still alive as of Part 6, but would have gotten a bit more senile.
I don't know, since part 6 takes place in the Florida, I'd imagine he would have shown up if he was still alive, since he lived on the East Coast. He would have been 91 by then.

VariantX

Also, I think they cut a line during the alleyway, because I remember Kira saying something like "Well I may be dead but hanging out here forever will actually be the peaceful existence I wanted"

Yeah, I recall reading that Kira was warming up to the fact that being a ghost meant that he could do whatever the hell he wanted in Morioh and not have to worry about shit or something along those lines.

Regarding Joseph:
Araki said that Joseph is "likely" still alive as of Part 6, but would have gotten a bit more senile.

oh

ok

actually I totally forgot that Hamon is meant to keep dudes alive for a long-ass time so that fits

but now I just have mad questions about who the fuck Jolyne is

StoneFox

Go I guess that starfish thesis is why the Japanese side of the fandom says Jotaro loves starfish in the same way we jokingly say he loves dolphins?

Dolphins are cooler, star puns be damned. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
oh

ok

actually I totally forgot that Hamon is meant to keep dudes alive for a long-ass time so that fits

but now I just have mad questions about who the fuck Jolyne is
If you really want to know,
she is Jotaro's kid. She was born before part 4 even started. Jotaro got divorced.

zoku88

Wait, did I miss something? I thought it was Josuke in the flashback where he saved himself and his mom. Was I just mistaken. I was expecting some read time traveling thing to go on, lol.

Wait, did I miss something? I thought it was Josuke in the flashback where he saved himself and his mom. Was I just mistaken. I was expecting some read time traveling thing to go on, lol.

nope that wasn't josuke

maybe araki planed it to be josuke at one point but he didn't

Considering I marathoned parts 1 through 3 last year I thought that I may struggle enduring the weekly wait watching part 4 but damn that was fun and a consistent highlight of my week.
Favourite part so far, Kira is just such a great villain, part of me wanted to see that final bite the dust gambit work, the other half of me took great joy in watching him get Star Platinum'd.

I think the anime sealed the deal. Jotaro is my favorite JoJo. I think his stoicism and almost autistic nature is charming and the mofo had enough time to write a whole fucking thesis while all this shit was taking place. The man is dedicated to his ocean life.
Indeed, somehow his odd lack of immediately identifiable character comes around to making him my favourite, or at least equal to Joseph.
Jotaro and Koichi became such fast friends, warms my heart.

It makes me happy that Koichi's basically the one to really save the day, but, besides being an awesome character, Rohan was just kind of...around for a lot of Part 4.

I guess Heaven's Door is a hard ability to write into a lot of scenarios.
I genuinely thought it was going to have factored into the ambulance scenario at first like
"oh I just got the driver to accidentally reverse with heavens door"
Or using it to manipulate Kira in general, but I suppose when you have an ability like Heaven's Door on hand with the final villain in a susceptible position for it you've almost got too many choices as to what direction you could take its use.

Defuser

Man Okuyasu have such wasted potential in that scene. He could have pull the ambulance on Kira's head or pull the lady away from Kira. Man why did Araki have to write Okuyasu to be dumb.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So the way Kira's death was animated and how I interpreted it when I read it a few weeks back were different. The anime makes it look longer and like an actual accident. When I read the manga, I got the impression it happened very quickly and Jotaro purposely put him in the Ambulance path, and the entire accident thing was Jotaro trying to respect Josuke's no killing thing. I'll have to read it again and maybe post the pages when I'm home.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's not mentioned in the manga or anime itself, but the invisible baby's new name is Shizuka Joestar.

I have heard a theory that they couldn't find her mother because she was killed by Kira. That would be dark.

So the way Kira's death was animated and how I interpreted it when I read it a few weeks back were a different. The anime makes it look longer and like an actual accident. When I read the manga, I got the impression it happened very quickly and Jotaro purposely put him in the Ambulance path, and the entire accident thing was Jotaro trying to respect Josuke's no killing thing. I'll have to read it again and maybe post the pages when I'm home.

I always thought Kira crawled into the path of the ambulance to rob them the satisfaction

TheOGB

Banned
- Kira is an amazing villain. One moment I'd be sympathizing with him; the next he'd pull some slick shit and I'd switch from saying "Jeez, poor guy" to shouting "YOOOOOO GET FUCKED UP!!!"
- That death scene was brutal, holy shit. AND THEN THE AFTERLIFE DEATH SCENE WAS FUCKING SAVAGE, GAH DAMN ARNOLD
- Just about everybody* contributed to taking Kira down and ending the madness in Morioh, which is impressive! Even more impressive, it still felt like Koichi was the protagonist all along. I do wish Josuke had been central to more of the story, but I still enjoyed the way it turned out.
*everybody except Tamami and Hazamada lol fuck those losers
- OH MY FUCKING GOD ROHAN
4tCIK.gif
4tCIK.gif
Why are you like this. Just say goodbye to your friend you prick, and then thank Koichi for making you be honest, lmao.

Fan-freakin'-tastic show. It's definitely my new favorite Jojo's part and cast. Josuke is a top-tier Jojo for sure... though I'm hesitant to call him my favorite. I won't declare that until after I rewatch Part 2. One of the reasons Joseph is still in the top spot is because he carries Battle Tendency on his broad shoulders like no other.

I feel sad for Hayato and Shinobu.
Hayato didn't really get the closure he wanted by seeing Kira punished for killing his father. And Shinobu is left in the dark and is going to assume her husband abandoned his son and wife, which is going to have lasting effects on her emotionally.

Not a very happy ending for those two.
I can forgive just about everything about the ending of DiU except for this. Hayato fucking earned himself a happy ending, and one for his mom as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't believe there was nothing in their moment in the ending montage to leave a hint of hope that they might get a happy ending eventually. Their lives are just fucked, and that's it for them.

Now I can only assume that since Koichi is a thoroughly decent dude he checks in with Hayato every now and again. :(

THIS WAS LITERALLY THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT OF AFTER IT HAPPENED

Mortemis

Banned
The greatest pose to end it, great! man, this part 4 adaptation was amazing, david pro came all out at the right time :)

keep up the great work david pro, need Giorno in my life

Yeah...as soon as Hayato and Shinobu connected with Kira there was no chance of a happy ending there.

Fits with the whole 'Kira corrupts these people's lives and scars them forever' monologue at the end.

Top Bottom