• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Betty

Banned
I really hope we get part 5 next year, but I understand if they need time.

JoJo was a really big bright spot in 2016 and it would be welcome every year going forward.

also Kira is such a cat man

b0e.gif
I loved this scene. "Imma bout to die, but dum hands doe." Dude put his creepy ass fetish on display.

PixelatedBookake

I'm not normally bothered by spoilers and I'm caught up with the manga, but if you guys believe you can just talk about characters in future parts that don't even show up until part 8 behind spoiler tags, you guys are straight up goofin'. I'd really prefer for the anime-only people to be pleasantly surprised rather than this "wink-wink nudge-nudge" bullshit that has been turned up to 11 just because the part 4 ended. You guys getting excited about future Jojo parts is fine but out right saying "the protagonist in part 6 is ______" isn't fun excitement, its just annoying. Leave some questions for people to be excited for later when they get answered. Its been said a billion previous times in this thread, but sheesh.

King Boo

best part was star platinum. even his different colors still looked cool, and the finger pointing pose is great.

the dog biting kira's hand off was also good.

still confused about whether the stand is just a projection or a separate entity.

josuke posing at the end wasn't bad. i think this episode had the most posing so far

VariantX

I feel sad for Hayato and Shinobu.
Hayato didn't really get the closure he wanted by seeing Kira punished for killing his father. And Shinobu is left in the dark and is going to assume her husband abandoned his son and wife, which is going to have lasting effects on her emotionally.

Not a very happy ending for those two.

Hayato as a young child has to bear the burden of knowing the truth about his father and having no way explain it to his mother if he wanted to. How the hell can you explain to a person that their real husband was murdered and had his face stolen and you've been living with them ever since only to actually fall in love with the fake serial killer husband, who just had his neck broken and skull crushed by an ambulance tire. Oh, and he was a serial killer too with a hand fetish and a impressive body count. He just has to sit there and watch his mom wonder why "Kosaku" isn't coming home. They're just fucked thanks to Kira.

Ross61

That was the best ride in a while. Sad to see it end. Never really had a show where I like most all the characters. Hell, I was unimpressed with Kira at first until we got a little deeper and finally saw what I guess the manga readers already knew. But yeah, this was a really fantastic anime. I a little late on the JoJo train, but man am I glad I hopped on board.

Style

Banned
Here's some tips on what you can do while you wait around for the adaption of the next part without spoiling yourself for future parts:

1. Read Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe

9u20Uwl.png

This is a spin off manga (made by Araki himself) about Rohan and takes place mostly after DIU. Rohan's own adventures are about as bizarre as the Jojos, and it's a pretty good read. One of the chapters is getting adapted as an OVA for the disc release of DIU in the future, but we don't know about the rest yet.

2. Read Dead Man's Questions

Rtqw4sy.png

A one-shot manga by Araki. It's probably best if you go in to this without knowing much about it. It is connected to Part 4.

Yeah...as soon as Hayato and Shinobu connected with Kira there was no chance of a happy ending there.

Fits with the whole 'Kira corrupts these people's lives and scars them forever' monologue at the end.
But Kira did nothing to them...except work to feed them. Wait Tamami's what...20? I thought he was in his mid 30's.

He did kill Hayato once.
Kira wouldn't have killed him if Hayato wasn't getting so snoopy.
Also, considering the state of the Kawajiri's before Kira, it's not like things would have turned out much better if Kira had never joined them. Hayato and Shinobu's relationship would be strained as it was before.
I know and that's the thing I'm getting at. Kira didn't corrupt Shinobu, he actually treated her with a fair amount of respect and gave her a good reason to get up on the morning. Shinobu with original Kosaku was a loveless relationship and she wouldn't have minded if he never returned, but Shinobu actually loved Kira.

Lol at Koichi thinking Echoes is a punch ghost.
"Kira did nothing wrong."
It was stated from the moment that Kira got there that he didn't want to kill them cause it would've blown his cover. I don't even think Kira during his late part cocky phase would've flat out killed Hayato. Shinobu was safe in my opinion since he never really tried to hurt her.

Kira had little control over his impulses, and while he may have been able the rest of his life without killing Shinobu (not impossible for a serial killer), as soon as he kills someone else it would either be him or the main cast. There's no ending that would be happy for both the Kawajiri family and the main cast/town of Morioh.

Riposte

"Hey Kira, what you are doing for Christmas?"
"I'll be spending the evening with my girlfriend"
"Oh, you mean... your hand!? haha"
*How?! I was so careful...! I must erase him.*

Kira had little control over his impulses, and while he may have been able the rest of his life without killing Shinobu (not impossible for a serial killer), as soon as he kills someone else it would either be him or the main cast. There's no ending that would be happy for both the Kawajiri family and the main cast/town of Morioh.
I'm not sitting here saying Kira wasn't fucked up. I'm just arguing that Shinobu was safe.

On another note I forgot how fun Koichi vs Tamami was. "I'm going to beat you to death...with sound!!!"

"Believe in me!!!" *Krreeeerrrreeeehaaaa* *Echoes throws the katakana for believe in me at Koichi's mother* Fucking lol at "Koichi-dono." I always thought "Dono" was reserved for Yakuza bosses. Even in the early eps Koich's legit, dude just wants to protect Morioh.

Matsukaze

I don't feel bad for Hayato and Shinobu cuz you know the good boys of Morioh will take care of them
It's nice to think that Rohan might use Heaven's Door to give them every conceivable advantage in the wake of "Kosaku's" "disappearance".

At the very least, Hayato would have some dependable big brother figures in Koichi, Josuke, and Okuyasu.

It's nice to think that Rohan might use Heaven's Door to give them every conceivable advantage in the wake of "Kosaku's" "disappearance".

At the very least, Hayato would have some dependable big brother figures in Koichi, Josuke, and Okuyasu.
Do you really think Rohan's going to do something as useful as write "leave the house and get a job" on Shinobu? Koichi will help though, cause he's dependable.

Goodstyle

Is it even a question anymore? Kira is the best Jojo villain ever. I was shocked by this because Dio was the Jojo villain with all the exposure, and Part 3 is the most famous Jojo part, but nope, Kira was the best. I'm so glad he's gained so much popularity.

"Hey Kira, what you are doing for Christmas?"
"I'll be spending the evening with my girlfriend"
"Oh, you mean... your hand!? haha"
*How?! I was so careful...! I must erase him.*

Haha

Matsukaze

Yall forgot about the Speedwagon Foundation.

Aint no way Joseph or Jotaro are going to let them go hungry.
Josuke: Hey, did either of you guys send Shinobu that check yet?"

Joseph: Oh, uh, I was busy playing with Shizuka. I forgot.

Jotaro: I remembered. I just didn't because I wanted to go look at dolphins.

Josuke: *sigh*

kewlmyc

Speedwagon Foundation probably spends enough money hiding standu bullshit. Probably can't afford to feed people negatively effected by it.

Speedwagon Foundation is loaded and has been loaded since the freaking 1920s or so. I think they can afford to keep a mother and son household afloat until they can manage on their own.

Speedwagon Foundation is loaded and has been loaded since the freaking 1920s or so. I think they can afford to keep a mother and son household afloat until they can manage on their own.
This might all depend on how many subs Joseph has crashed.
Hayato was willing to sacrifice his life on multiple occaisions to save them.

I don't think this will go unnoticed.
This is true. Jotaro recognizes quality. Dude even ate up precious stopped time seconds to respect Koichi.

What an ending. Man, how much crazy za handu shenanigans were we denied because Okuyasu is a dumb ass? He could have scraped Jotaru into range for Star Platinum among another hundred other intelligent uses.

Are there going to be other examples of people getting stands far better than they deserve? Damn you Okuyasu

cntr

Banned
Neat little thing, though the anime glossed over it. The baby gets named Shizuka Joestar, and just like Josuke, the kanji for "Shizuka" (静) can be read as "Jo", technically making her a Jojo.

Talents

Banned
Welp time to count the days until part 5. Really liked Kira as a villain, more so than Dio.

Current order of Jojo parts for me is
4>2>3>1. Although I wish they'd move away from villains of the week and be more like part 1 and 2.

You know...Yukako might be slightly unhinged, but that chick is legit best waifu. She can cook, knit you clothes that fit you exactly just by looking at you she's prepared to go to the distance and will tutor the fucking shit out of you.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Man Okuyasu have such wasted potential in that scene. He could have pull the ambulance on Kira's head or pull the lady away from Kira. Man why did Araki have to write Okuyasu to be dumb.
Or erase the distance between Jotaro and Kira. Or erased the distance between himself and Kira. Or just erased Kira.

But Okuyasu gonna Okuyasu

LotusHD

Banned
I liked Part 3's secondary characters just a bit more (Iggy and Polnareff are life) and the fact that they traveled to a bunch of different locations, but Kira's the far more interesting villain. (Though Dio is more iconic, although that's more Part 1 than anything, even if that does technically count)

Part 4 also had a much more satisfying ending... But Part 3 was far more hilarious (Oh my God...)

So... it's a tie for now. I can't decide!

"The stench of a homewrecker is all over you." I said GOD DAMN!!
I liked Part 3's secondary characters just a bit more (Iggy and Polnareff are life) and the fact that they traveled to a bunch of different locations, but Kira's the far more interesting villain. (Though Dio is more iconic, although that's more Part 1 than anything, even if that does technically count)

Part 4 also had a much more satisfying ending... But Part 3 was far more hilarious (Oh my God...)

So... it's a tie for now. I can't decide!
Part 4 has the main bad guy using a detached decaying hand to finger bang some sandwiches and then you see him sucking the sauce off of said hand publicly in a store. Part 3 has nothing on that and I love Dio.

cntr

Banned
Araki mentioned that he originally planned for Jojo to be a trilogy, ending with SDC. So the impression I get from DiU is that it was originally thought up as an independent story that Araki decided to turn into Part 4, and that's why there's no attempt to make Josuke the central character. And frankly, that's fine.

I am perfectly fine with Josuke not being front and center for everything since I actually like the secondary characters. It's one of the best ways DiU differentiates itself from SDC. Koichi is no Kakyoin, though if Jotaro did try to get Koichi to do the cherry trick I wouldn't be surprised.

Top Bottom