• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

I felt for once very satisfied with how a Jojo series ended. I felt very unconvinced with the uninteresting bullshit they pulled in previous arcs. Arc 2, Joseph luring Cars into deep space while getting unscattered. Or how Dio was hyped as unbeatable and despite all the injury, Jotaro had a meaner punch than Dio.

This last battle was very interesting and tense. It was very creative in how it solved the issues and most things had a reasonable explanation in regards to the world rules. Definitely the best Jojo arc for me. It wasnt perfect but it had a lot of unique and creative fights. Kira is an amazing villain i gotta say.

Overall I probably liked more the characters of Star Crusader more but I cant wait to see what they have for part 5.

cntr

Banned
that was a stupid pose though
0kEJm56.jpg

Thud

Neat little thing, though the anime glossed over it. The baby gets named Shizuka Joestar, and just like Josuke, the kanji for "Shizuka" (静) can be read as "Jo", technically making her a Jojo.

I'm sure it's either a coincidence or Araki forgot.

Mista Koo

I don't have much to say about the ending, other than the part about Shinobu, Hayato, and the civilians was pretty sad.
Also the homing glass shards in the previous episode were fairly BS.

As for things SDC did better: story progression, minor villains and fights, and Kakyoin type character.

Demoli

I don't have much to say about the ending, other than the part about Shinobu, Hayato, and the civilians was pretty sad.
Also the homing glass shards in the previous episode were fairly BS.

As for things SDC did better: story progression, minor villains and fights, and Kakyoin type character.

I'd argue SDC also did main villain better, or at least equal. Kira is great, but DIO is delicious.

SDC also had Polnareff, which is better than any character of the duwang gang

Defuser

You can't compare Dio and Kira. Dio was a classic full on mustache villain who wants to rule the world while Kira is a Patrick Bateman guy who wants to be left alone and indulge in his hand killing fetishes.

Tall4Life

Part 4 certainly suffered from some... quality animation I feel more than the other parts, and it's been hampering my opinion of it. As far as the anime adaptations go it is probably not my favorite part (if they fix things in the blu-ray versions this could change), but I will read the manga eventually to figure out whether it was the adaptation or just the story that I didn't like as much.

Mista Koo

I'd argue SDC also did main villain better, or at least equal. Kira is great, but DIO is delicious.

SDC also had Polnareff, which is better than any character of the duwang gang
The main problem with DIO that he is outclassed by his part 1 self in every way that isn't his appearance.

And don't get me started on Polnareff. Koichi is clearly the better spotlight hogger.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You can't compare Dio and Kira. Dio was a classic full on mustache villain who wants to rule the world while Kira is a Patrick Bateman guy who wants to be left alone and indulge in his hand killing fetishes.
Agreed. They're both great villains in different ways. Makes it hard to just lump them together and rank them.

NeonBlack

I was hoping we would find out who the guy is who saved baby Josuke would be shown (Time Travel). I looked it up to find this is never shown, I'm sad now.

~~Let the joy of love give you an answer
Wakare no toki sae kudakenu ishi de
1999 Bizarre Summer
Jibun norikoe tsukami tore mirai !! ~~

tears.gif
tears.gif

i will never forget the joy of love for DiU

So far for Jojo villains I have Dio and Kira tied, then Whamu, then Kars. Ranking Jojo teams it's easily Duwang Gang, SDC, Joseph, Caesar, Lisa Lisa and Stroheim and then you have the fodder that followed Jonathan around. Only one from that team worth anything was Zeppeli.

Siegcram

So far for Jojo villains I have Dio and Kira tied, then Whamu, then Kars. Ranking Jojo teams it's easily Duwang Gang, SDC, Joseph, Caesar, Lisa Lisa and Stroheim and then you have the fodder that followed Jonathan around. Only one from that team worth anything was Zeppeli.
disrespecting Speedwagon smdh

Betty

Banned

3e0.gif

cntr

Banned
Dio tried to screw over the guy helping him and got a shit life, Speedwagon became a total bro to the guy who helped him and got a great one

Betty

Banned
I'm perfectly fine with Speedwagon, dude's just a non combatant. Speedwagon and his stand Money keeps the Joestar lineage fed.

Once again Speedwagon-kun is bro as fuck...he just can't fight.

His stand [MONEY MONEY MONEY] aids the JoJo family even after death though,that's pretty great.

sonicmj1

Part 4 certainly suffered from some... quality animation I feel more than the other parts, and it's been hampering my opinion of it.

Don't go back to parts 1 and 2 then, which were practically motion comics. Part 4 definitely has the best production values of the bunch, even with its occasional rough spots.

Don't go back to parts 1 and 2 then, which were practically motion comics. Part 4 definitely has the best production values of the bunch, even with its occasional rough spots.
I don't find parts 1 and 2 that bad personally. I'm still more than able to watch them after watching Parts 3 and 4. Though I guess it depends on how sensitive you are to shoddy animation in parts.

I don't find parts 1 and 2 that bad personally. I'm still more than able to watch them after watching Parts 3 and 4. Though I guess it depends on how sensitive you are to shoddy animation in parts.

They can be enjoyable due to the hammy presentation, the voice acting, the overall pacing, and such, but they're fundamentally ugly. Parts 1-2 had poor production values and awkward character designs; part 3 had better production values overall, but still less than ideal designs. Part 4 is the first part in TV Jojo that has had a really good design sense from the characters to the backgrounds to the colors, and that helps it even in the parts where the tight schedule led to poor animation in certain episodes.

They can be enjoyable due to the hammy presentation, the voice acting, the overall pacing, and such, but they're fundamentally ugly. Parts 1-2 had poor production values and awkward character designs; part 3 had better production values overall, but still less than ideal designs. Part 4 is the first part in TV Jojo that has had a really good design sense from the characters to the backgrounds to the colors, and that helps it even in the parts where the tight schedule led to poor animation in certain episodes.
Yeah some parts of 1 and 2 are pretty janky and I never did like some of the character designs for part 3...mainly with how everybody looked like they were wearing shoulder pads or something, the shoulder/upper arm design wasn't good at all.

cntr

Banned
Criticisms aside, yeah, Part 4 has the best overall style of all the anime parts. I was fine with Part 1 and 2, the animation didn't bother me. Part 3 was too dour overall, though tbh, it's kind of hard to imagine SDC in a style that isn't dour.

Mandelbo

Yeah some parts of 1 and 2 are pretty janky and I never did like some of the character designs for part 3...mainly with how everybody looked like they were wearing shoulder pads or something, the shoulder/upper arm design wasn't good at all.

Yeah this annoyed me too - a lot of the time it felt like all the main characters had the exact same upper torso. I'm definitely glad the shoulder pads have gone!

It at least had more life to it than the SDC OVA.
Yeah this annoyed me too - a lot of the time it felt like all the main characters had the exact same upper torso. I'm definitely glad the shoulder pads have gone!
It was like DP only had the time to copy and paste the same torso design for every character that wasn't a female.

Top Bottom