• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Tizoc

It'll be hard for any JoJo villain to top Dio IMO simply because Dio was perfectly built up in part 1 and part 3. Even if later villains may have individual better moments or more villainous plans they'll always get compared back to Dio who really set the stand...ard.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised by part 4's villain even tho we are 4 months away from his reveal At best

Tizoc

I dunno, Phantom Blood is the weakest Jojo part for me. I recently reread the manga version (the English Jojonium copies are pretty nice), and the huge asshole that is Dio is the only great part about it. Battle Tendency trumps it in almost every possible way, other than having a shitty main villain. Fist of the North Star is also way better than Phantom Blood.
Phantom Blood has the Interupting Expositioning Speedwagon though
Also frog punching

CorvoSol

I thought Cars was a pretty good villain. Dude didn't have 3 seasons of build up the way DIO did, but like, the show at least makes basically everything that happens to the Joestar family out to be at least indirectly Cars' fault and as his calm facade slips over the course of his fight with Joseph and we find out what an utter jerk he is, well, I thought his end was much deserved.

bronk

Banned
Everyone here is mentioning the Stands...but did you not like part 3 for reasons other than the Stands?
I didnt like the stands that much compared to how powers were in first two parts. Someone else mentioned monster of the week type episodes and yea i didnt like that as much. I take back the hate part i just enjoyed first two parts so much that i got a lil bummed out in the third part. Am I in the minority? My tastes can be random lol. I'm gonna try part four. Thanks guys for the responses.

I didnt like the stands that much compared to how powers were in first two parts. Someone else mentioned monster of the week type episodes and yea i didnt like that as much. I take back the hate part i just enjoyed first two parts so much that i got a lil bummed out in the third part. Am I in the minority? My tastes can be random lol. I'm gonna try part four. Thanks guys for the responses.

Part 3 is the most popular part, but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people that were disappointed or thrown off by the transition from Ripple to Stands. Of course some of those people also reassessed their dislike of the new means of fighting when part 4 came around. It's similarly a fan favorite for doing things completely different compared to part 3.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

No, I'm with you there, but it hasn't got to do with the stands for me. It's a mixture of things:
- unlike part 1, 2 and 4, I was already somewhat familiar with the material because of how well-known it is, the games and the OVAs. It wasn't fresh to me.
- the monster-of-the-week format is poorly executed. Ideally, you want those "monsters" to be plot-relevant (and to make the plot progress forward, or at least help develop the main characters). Apart from being Dio whores, most of them didn't have much to do plot-wise.
- I wasn't that attached to some of the main characters, and those I liked weren't as fleshed out as I'd hoped. I don't particularly care for Jôtarô, and Kakyôin could have been more developed and useful.
- The visual style started to annoy me at times, and it was hard not to compare the animation to that of the OVAs - however unfair that is. The final confrontation with Dio in particular had botched art.
- It's simply too long for its own good. Again, if the plot advanced at a brisker pace and/or the characters were more fleshed out, it wouldn't have felt as tiresome.

What I'm saying is: Part 1 and 2 feel much more like actual stories. Part 3 is a collection of scenes with bits of stories thrown in.

So far, none of those complaints seem to apply to Part 4. I like pretty much everything about it
except the OP, which is a letdown for the most part
, and I hope it's gonna be that way up to the end.

cntr

Banned
Part 4 and onwards have much better structure, even if they're still stand of the week, though Part 4 focuses on characterization instead of plot.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Part 4 and onwards have much better structure, even if they're still stand of the week, though Part 4 focuses on characterization instead of plot.

That's fine by me. If that means our protagonists are interesting and their enemies are not just defined by what their stands do, I'm sure it'll be tons of fun.

... Are you saying this part is the Mad Men of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? All characters and no plot? lol

Principate

Saint Titanfall
That's fine by me. If that means our protagonists are interesting and their enemies are not just defined by what their stands do, I'm sure it'll be tons of fun.

... Are you saying this part is the Mad Men of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? All characters and no plot? lol

There is a plot you found it out this episode, protecting Morioh from dangerous criminals in his grandfathers place.

Yonafunu

It's a driving motivation. Much like I wat to be the strongest such and such. or I want to protect my friends. I mean Stardust Crusaders barely has more, since Dio does barely fucking anything.

I think continuing this here is probably not a good idea, but I disagree with your first point, kinda.

Thud

It's a driving motivation. Much like I wat to be the strongest such and such. or I want to protect my friends. I mean Stardust Crusaders barely has more, since Dio does barely fucking anything.

Dio hasn't moved since he became a full edged vampire. The fact that he exists forms a threat to the Joestars and vice versa for Dio. Stands already existed before Dio took over, but they became more 'common'.

The result of Dio's existence is still there.

Also Kars avoided killing dogs.

Bless his heart.
Outside of Cars devolving into a shit brick I honestly think the best part about the Pillar Men is that they do seem to have a code of honor, or at the very least higher moral standards than Dio. Though that's mostly evident in Wham. If Lisa Lisa fought Wham I don't see Wham pulling that clone diversion thing that Cars did.

Numb

Outside of Cars devolving into a shit brick I honestly think the best part about the Pillar Men is that they do seem to have a code of honor, or at the very least higher moral standards than Dio. Though that's mostly evident in Wham. If Lisa Lisa fought Wham I don't see Wham pulling that clone diversion thing that Cars did.

Wham is my fav part 2 character. I don't know why i like him as much as i do.Him and Stroheim tie sometimes

Wham is my fav part 2 character. I don't know why i like him as much as i do.Him and Stroheim tie sometimes
Cause Wham was a bro just like Stroheim. Yeah Wham killed Caesar but he fought an honorable battle and gave Caesar his props for improving his skills and pushing Wham to fight his heart out.

Numb

I remember ACDC being a bit of a douche, his fight was at least funny. Though I remember Joseph practically curb stomping him. What did Santana even do? I just remember him absorbing Nazis.

ACDC got no honor. Sleazy type and the stupid crying out of nowhere was hilarious but made me think less of him
Santana got bodied before he could do anything. On the lvl of pillar men but worth nothing. Cars and Wham seem more respectable.

ACDC got no honor. Sleazy type and the stupid crying out of nowhere was hilarious but made me think less of him
Santana got bodied before he could do anything. On the lvl of pillar men but worth nothing. Cars and Wham seem more respectable.
I'm not even sure if Cars was stronger than Wham. Dude just fought without honor and fought a character destined to job to him. Then he turned super saiyan god.

Numb

I'm not even sure if Cars was stronger than Wham. Dude just fought without honor and fought a character destined to job to him. Then he turned super saiyan god.

Talk about getting shafted after super saiyan god. Even OPM can't survive that let alone him

Talk about getting shafted after super saiyan god. Even OPM can't survive that let alone him
Say what you want about SSG Cars, but his pose game was on point.
jojos_bizarre_adventure-23-cars-pillar_men-pose-blade-hair-dramatic-awesome-fantastic-flamboyant.jpg
Is SSG Cars pretty much the strongest Jojo villain?
just as shocked
cool enough to give guile hair tips too
I still find it hilarious that Guile, an American war hero was based off of a cyborg Nazi design wise.

Numb

Say what you want about SSG Cars, but his pose game was on point.

Is SSG Cars pretty much the strongest Jojo villain?

I still find it hilarious that Guile, an American war hero was based off of a cyborg Nazi design wise.
yup
118.gif

Best Cars moment
You know shit is about to start

He has some hidden but amazing poses

The Guile being so American memes have made his nazi hairstyle submit
His blood is red but also white and blue,the US flag ain't a tattoo but a birthmark etc etc

Magwik

Banned
I thought Cars had that shit on lock, damn!

I asked that in the last thread. I'm sure Dio couldn't Muda and WRRRRYYYYY his way out of that fight. He probably couldn't even kill that squirrel hand.
I'm fairly certain Kars would just straight up absorb/eat Dio now that I think about it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wasn't it implied nothing can kill Cars? DIO also has vampire stuff so any contact from him would be auto-KO. Super Fabulous Cars will curbstomp DIO too.

Wasn't it implied nothing can kill Cars? DIO also has vampire stuff so any contact from him would be auto-KO.
I'm pretty certain that if DIO got absorbed his personality would just override his and it would just be like MGS 2 Liquid Snake before the retcon. It's DIO we're talking about here.

Top Bottom