• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Kira potentially liking to use knives on defenseless or dead people doesn't necessarily mean that he's any good at using them on strong people who are actively fighting back.
I'm operating under the assumption that Kira being a stabby fetish dude would be passionate enough to know how to harm people with one efficiently. Though I don't think a lot of serial killers are master knife experts.

BaasRed

Banned
Disappointed in the ending, too many loose threads. Invisible baby loses their mom, but did anybody even try to find their parents? What is the thing that attacks people when they turn around? How was Rohan able to outpower it when every other character can't? What is up with the weird Cult shit? That final fight was especially underwhelming, with barely zero action compared to last episode plus how it ended so predictably. How come some ghosts go away immediately while others stay? What was the point of Joseph, Tony, and Yukako joining the chase for Kira when none of them contribute? Did Rohan even do anything the last few episodes or was Araki tired of having to deal with his op powers and decided to cripple his effectiveness? How come Hayato was able to deal with so much crazy shit like its nothing when it's been a staple of the series that non stand users ain't shit and can't do anything to them? Why is Kira able to add the cat stand into his own? Was the compartment in his stand teased or hinted at beforehand? How come bites the dust is so convenient for Kira, but Koichi gets a stand that was worthless when he fought Okuyasu's brother? Same thing goes for multiple stand users including invisible baby,Super fly, cheap trick, Enigma,Tony, Cinderella. How come Yoshikage's father has a stand ability that is never used again while he is a ghost? Ghosts can have stands now? I hope the writer cleans up his act for the next seasons.

Disappointed in the ending, too many loose threads.

Invisible baby loses their mom, but did anybody even try to find their parents?
Good luck trying to find the parents of an invisible baby

What is the thing that attacks people when they turn around?
Who cares
How was Rohan able to outpower it when every other character can't?
He didn't, he just outsmarted Cheap Trick by getting him to activate it
What is up with the weird Cult shit?
Who cares
That final fight was especially underwhelming, with barely zero action compared to last episode plus how it ended so predictably.
What part of that is in any way predictable?
How come some ghosts go away immediately while others stay?
This is explained in the show if you pay attention. Reimi had something to settle, thus she couldn't pass on
What was the point of Joseph, Tony, and Yukako joining the chase for Kira when none of them contribute?
Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean they didn't do anything. Everyone helped in some way, you don't need a scene showing that to understand it.
Did Rohan even do anything the last few episodes or was Araki tired of having to deal with his op powers and decided to cripple his effectiveness?
Did you watch the last few episodes?

How come Hayato was able to deal with so much crazy shit like its nothing when it's been a staple of the series that non stand users ain't shit and can't do anything to them?
Because he's a smart kid. It clearly took an emotional toll on him
Why is Kira able to add the cat stand into his own? Was the compartment in his stand teased or hinted at beforehand?
It's a compartment, no it wasn't teased before. KQ is just OP

How come bites the dust is so convenient for Kira, but Koichi gets a stand that was worthless when he fought Okuyasu's brother?
Because KQ got hit with the stand arrow a second time which can drastically increase a stands power
further explained in part 5

Same thing goes for multiple stand users including invisible baby,Super fly, cheap trick, Enigma,Tony, Cinderella. How come Yoshikage's father has a stand ability that is never used again while he is a ghost? Ghosts can have stands now? I hope the writer cleans up his act for the next seasons.
Not every stand is useful the same way another one is, they're all incredibly unique and some are great and some suck. Kira's dad required a camera, he didn't have one while flying around in a picture.

How do you enjoy anything? Why does everything need to be explained? Can't some stuff just be left a mystery?

Some posts just aren't worth responding to, which is why I just continued my rewatch of DiU and ignored that post...onto Yoshikage Kira just wants to live quietly...probably a stupid shit post any way.

Honestly if you're complaining about that stuff In Diamond is Unbreakable you should just hop off the train and head home now, because it's only going to get weirder with less explanation in the next season and the one after.

What is the thing that attacks people when they turn around? How was Rohan able to outpower it when every other character can't?

all Rohan did has make Koichi fly backwards out of the hands reach, he didn't over power it, he just came up with a quick solution to get Koichi out of it

What was the point of Joseph, Tony, and Yukako joining the chase for Kira when none of them contribute?

Tonio and Yukako live in the town, they don't want to live in the same town as a serial killer so even the can't do much they try to help, Joseph mainly there cause he wants to help josuke out

Did Rohan even do anything the last few episodes or was Araki tired of having to deal with his op powers and decided to cripple his effectiveness?

same reason Jotaro didn't do much, the fight was between Josuke and Kira and no one else, also Heavens door might not work on Kira

How come bites the dust is so convenient for Kira, but Koichi gets a stand that was worthless when he fought Okuyasu's brother?

the arrow works in bizarre ways, it tends to give people the exact power they need, Kira needed a way to keep Hayato from telling people who he is and he got. as for Koichi, Koichi wasn't meant to survive the arrow, the only he did was that josuke healed him but he was still underdeveloped so his stand was usless

Same thing goes for multiple stand users including invisible baby,Super fly, cheap trick, Enigma,Tony, Cinderella.

no every body got there stand from the arrow, as people early in the thread pointed out Tonio got his stand from traveling tthe world and learning about cooking, as for other people. Cheap trick was the case of the stand user being to weak and not being able to control it, Super fly is also another self hurt stand and the user just got unlucky and highway star is another good example of the user getting a power they need, Yuya needed a way to heal his wounds and he got that in a stand

How come Yoshikage's father has a stand ability that is never used again while he is a ghost? Ghosts can have stands now?.

Yoshihiro stand is that it lets him live in the photos after he has died, it might not have even worked till he died, if your talking about what he did to the josuke and jotaro,he was too busy going around stabbing people with arrow, also he would need a Polaroid camera in other to use his ability to it's fullest extent and i don't know how common those were in 1999

"Kira doesn't stand out much" *moments later Kira proceeds to publicly finger bang a bunch of sandwiches with a dead hand and then sticks said dead hand in his mouth*
8c4.png

Staab

Got goosebumps from that last episode, absolutely fantastic !

Dat pose :D

and
goddamn
that Great Days version, tears flowed, killer.

The "dame, dame, dame, dame, dame, dame" scene really did put Kira up there as an excellent villain. The way he can be some calm sounding, yet menacing as fuck is excellent, which is helped by excellent voice work.

It was out of sight, to be fair
For a guy that just wants to blend in some of the shit he does is grandiose and pompous as hell. God damn everybody respects Koichi. Even Kira presses F to pay his respect. Kira's Quiet Life and Sheer Heart Attack are my favorite batch of episodes in this too. Like if you weren't onboard with this Part after this then you were never going to be on board with it. Fucking Koichi snatched Kira's soul from him, damn. Episode is so damn fucked up though. You have GOT to be a boring shit heel of a man when fucking Kira's a better husband than you. Dude fresh from getting his life changed and cutting off his own hand and getting Ora'd half to death fucking made breakfast...or dinner or something. Kira's dad in a polaroid escaping on a raven while cackling like a 1920's black and white sci fi villain will never not fucking kill me.

Omadahl

Banned
I finally got around to watching the final episode today and it was bittersweet. This was hands-down my favorite Jojo arc. Now I'm left wondering if I should pick up the manga or wait for the next season.

I finally got around to watching the final episode today and it was bittersweet. This was hands-down my favorite Jojo arc. Now I'm left wondering if I should pick up the manga or wait for the next season.

Manga
Manga
Manga
Manga

we need more people to come join us in the manga thread, its fun I promise. I just got done Part 5, finished it in a few days, started Part 6 but I think im going to take a break so I can get a good chunk into Berserk.

BaasRed

Banned
I see, so stands are circumstantial until the arrow comes in. The arrow forces the stand out. So koichi's stand hasn't matured. Im still confused that they never use hermit purple. That stand would have been much more helpful in this part than in part 3. Finding Kira and the baby's family would have been much easier. Overall part 4 was amazing except for rock paper scissors kid. I especially loved Josuke vs anyone. All his fights were fun!

cntr

Banned
I always assumed that that Kira's dad prevented Hermit Purple from working, since Atom Heart Father is also a photography-based stand.

As for Shizuka's parents...who knows, but the assumption is that they were killed by Kira, and the stress caused Achtung Baby to awaken, allowing Shizuka to survive.

Tizoc

I always assumed that that Kira's dad prevented Hermit Purple from working, since Atom Heart Father is also a photography-based stand.

As for Shizuka's parents...who knows, but the assumption is that they were killed by Kira, and the stress caused Achtung Baby to awaken, allowing Shizuka to survive.

Shizuka could be just an abandoned baby.

Mista Koo

I just realized that Killer Queen was the stand Keicho was looking for to kill Papa Nijimura.
But Araki forgot.

Question to manga readers: I love the fact that Jojo characters have no set colors, any reason I should read the colored version of the manga over the original? Is there a version that changes the colors for every chapter :p?

Bonus random find: DIU spines from the second volume to the last:

gIy2cNm.jpg

cntr

Banned
Haha, I totally forgot about the spines thing

Question to manga readers: I love the fact that Jojo characters have no set colors, any reason I should read the colored version of the manga over the original? Is there a version that changes the colors for every chapter :p?
The color thing comes from the volume covers and artbooks. The manga wasn't colored by Araki, so for better or worse, the colors are realistic/consistent. (So Morioh has a blue sky in the digitally colored version, despite being yellow in the anime.)

People like the colored versions since, well, Araki goes crazy in Part 5 and 6, and most scans of the b&w version on the internet are not high quality, so it's kind of hard to make out what's going on. And the coloring job for parts 4, 5, and 6 is really good. (It's not as good for 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8, so read those colorless.)

Nightbird

Since I clearly need more Jojo, I've been thinking about reading Steel Ball Run. (I already binged trough "thus spoke Rohan Kishibe" and "Dead Man's Questions")

I chose that one because I still want experience most of Jojo for the first time, and I hope that by the time the adaption of SBR comes around, I will have forgotten most of it.

What do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea?

cntr

Banned
It's a bad idea. People do it anyway, but SBR is a thematic continuation of the previous parts, and it's better to have read them first.

Just start VA, you'll probably have forgotten most of it by the time the anime rolls around.

Breads

Banned
Haha, I totally forgot about the spines thing

The color thing comes from the volume covers and artbooks. The manga wasn't colored by Araki, so for better or worse, the colors are realistic/consistent. (So Morioh has a blue sky in the digitally colored version, despite being yellow in the anime.)

People like the colored versions since, well, Araki goes crazy in Part 5 and 6, and most scans of the b&w version on the internet are not high quality, so it's kind of hard to make out what's going on. And the coloring job for parts 4, 5, and 6 is really good. (It's not as good for 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8, so read those colorless.)

I never understood what you had against part 7's color job.

I think it's absolutely fantastic and some of the effects, especially in the colored line work, are among the best you can reasonably expect.

Since I clearly need more Jojo, I've been thinking about reading Steel Ball Run. (I already binged trough "thus spoke Rohan Kishibe" and "Dead Man's Questions")

I chose that one because I still want experience most of Jojo for the first time, and I hope that by the time the adaption of SBR comes around, I will have forgotten most of it.

Come to the manga thread and we'll help you out.

But CNTR is also correct. You'll be like "What the fuck at plenty of stuff so you might aswel take it slow.

Matsukaze

I can't tell if you know what Part 7's deal is, but if don't and you haven't read Parts 5 and 6 (especially Part 6), it's going to be pretty awkward reading SBR.

cntr

Banned
I never understood what you had against part 7's color job.

I think it's absolutely fantastic and some of the effects, especially in the colored line work, are among the best you can reasonably expect.
*shrug* I just don't like it as much compared to the black and white version. It's not bad, but it's not as good.

e: It's worth it for the reread, but not for the first time, is what I mean

e²: also probably should continue this discussion in the manga thread

Nightbird

Have you read parts 5 and 6?

No I haven't >.>

It's a bad idea. People do it anyway, but SBR is a thematic continuation of the previous parts, and it's better to have read them first.

Just start VA, you'll probably have forgotten most of it by the time the anime rolls around.

Is it really that forgettable?

Come to the manga thread and we'll help you out.

But CNTR is also correct. You'll be like "What the fuck at plenty of stuff so you might aswel take it slow.

I know you're saying this because you want more people in the Manga Thread :p

But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Might as well do it that way haha

I can't tell if you know what Part 7's deal is, but if don't and you haven't read Parts 5 and 6 (especially Part 6), it's going to be pretty awkward reading SBR.

I do know about a certain event at the end of part 6, because people in the YouTube comments with their hate boners for anime onlys just could not stop themselves to spoiler it as much as possible, even in unrelated Jojo discussions.

It's one of the reasons why I'm thinking about reading the manga even though I wanted to do it after I finish the Anime for each part first.

cntr

Banned
Is it really that forgettable?
People just seem to forget about a lot of Jojo for some reason, don't ask me why.

And yeah, avoid YouTube comments on Jojo videos. Well, avoid YouTube comments in general, but that's another issue.

(Also, that thing in the spoiler bar is too big of a spoiler for even a spoiler bar. I'd remove it.)

Nightbird

People just seem to forget about a lot of Jojo for some reason, don't ask me why.

And yeah, avoid YouTube comments on Jojo videos. Well, avoid YouTube comments in general, but that's another issue.

(Also, that thing in the spoiler bar is too big of a spoiler for even a spoiler bar. I'd remove it.)

You know what's funny? This is what convincing the most right now to read it.
Oh well, what do i even have to lose? haha

Also, i removed the spoiler. You're right, that was too much for the anime thread, even if i hid it >.>

I do it because I love you (all) :)

Well then, make sure to give me lots of love when i come over! :D

Mista Koo

I could just read the colored version colorlessly :p

convo

I think i marathoned part 4-7 before any color scans were out, duwang and shitty part 5 translations included. In retrospect it was a mistake since no one can retain any details from that bundle of madness i read through in that short amount of time.

I think i marathoned part 4-7 before any color scans were out, duwang and shitty part 5 translations included. In retrospect it was a mistake since no one can retain any details from that bundle of madness i read through in that short amount of time.

yeah i also got that feeling when i was read/skipping though the manga

i have been spacing out my re-reads so that they are in between anime seasons and so i always have something jojo going on

Top Bottom