• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
I remember Kira's dad mentioning how he used the arrow on him after he came back from killing Reimi. Plus Reimi talks about her death "being all over the papers", which suggests she was the only one

Siphorus

Pretty sure most of you are subscribed to this channel by now but Super Eyepatch Wolf did a retrospective on Stardust Crusaders that, in the absence of DIU, has me considering rewatching SDC now that I can actually binge it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDeyXHpe428

That's something I've been considering as well, Part 3 was kinda soured for me since it dragged it's feet in a couple of areas towards the middle and made watching it week by week painful. I'd like to marathon it to see how the pacing works out when I don't have to wait a week.

Style

Banned
from a staff members twitter

C0fkYuGVIAAUxsP.jpg

C0fkYvuUQAAZ7mU.jpg

C0fkYyXUQAExAcR.jpg

Lol, this is great.

silva1991

OMG episode 37 was painful. So much talking, screaming and the boy's noise is infuriating and little action and progression. On to episode 38.

Moaradin

There's a rumor going around that Ian Sinclair (Space Dandy, Rashid, Whis) may be voicing Iggy in the Stardust Crusaders dub. Is this true?

Would be neat but someone as good as Ian Sinclair should voice someone more significant.

Though I guess there's no reason why he couldn't play multiple roles.

silva1991

Just finished episode 39. AMAZING ending.

The music before the ghost girl goes to the other side ;__;

Now I continue reading the GOAT manga 20th Century Boys.

story needs more yukako and love deluxe tbh
No lies detected. She's a sweet woman that wanted to turn Koichi into a better man.
I was probably not paying enough attention during Atom Heart Father. Cause that episode was just absurd the first time I watched it.
Who could Sinclair voice in JoJo if he isn't already Iggy, Okuyasu?
Okuyasu should be reserved for the guy that voiced Kuwabara in YYH, same with Knuckle Bine in HxH.

Neoxon

That is some pretty meta casting. I might actually watch this dub, though Jojo is at it's best subbed.
To be fair, Akuma was just recently recast to Richard Epcar as of SFV. He was previously voiced by Dave Mallow (Straits/Straitzo). I should also note that the new voice of Gouken is Speedwagon.

As for the Part 3 dub, it's probably gonna air on Toonami first at this rate.

To be fair, Akuma was just recently recast to Richard Epcar as of SFV. He was previously voiced by Dave Mallow (Straits/Straitzo). I should also note that the new voice of Gouken is Speedwagon.

As for the Part 3 dub, it's probably gonna air on Toonami first at this rate.
I wonder how far along they are with it. Seems like they've been working on that dub for two years.

Neoxon

I wonder how far along they are with it. Seems like they've been working on that dub for two years.
I think Viz Media took the rights for the JoJo anime this year, so it likely wasn't in production for that long. WB already had the cast, so that likely saved Viz Media some time.

I think Viz Media took the rights for the JoJo anime this year, so it likely wasn't in production for that long. WB already had the cast, so that likely saved Viz Media some time.
Oh ok, so the test dub exists because WB at the time was working on it. Or at the very least was testing the fan reception to the cast.

Madao

Isn't Reimi the only one he killed without Killer Queen, though?

that bit about Kira's victims having the same wound as Reimi was something Araki forgot about, or more likely, threw away after coming up with a better idea for Killer Queen

to me it seemed there was still some room for a few more victims before Kira got his Stand.

the first murder would cause an uproar since Kira still hadn't planned ahead to dispose of his victims. with KQ that became a lot easier later.

also, Reimi's statement could work if he just killed 3-4 more people between her and getting a Stand.

Yeah that's the thing I was complaining about. Reimi's stating that she saw other people go screaming into the after life with the same knife wound as her, but if Kira got KQ right after her then his MO would change up immediately afterwards. She'd be seeing his victims screaming into the afterlife and exploding in the process. How would she know to even attribute those to him if she died in his original manner?

Kientin

Yeah that's the thing I was complaining about. Reimi's stating that she saw other people go screaming into the after life with the same knife wound as her, but if Kira got KQ right after her then his MO would change up immediately afterwards. She'd be seeing his victims screaming into the afterlife and exploding in the process. How would she know to even attribute those to him if she died in his original manner?

The knife deaths ending and the people exploding picking up right where the knife deaths ended I assume. Also the majority of the exploding people being female might also hint at it.

Pompadour

Couldn't Kira just kill with a knife and dispose of the corpse later with Killer Queen?

Probably because the victims with the same wound as her had their hands removed, so she figured that her murderer was cutting off woman's hands. After Kira got Killer Queen, she probably noticed that, even though they were now exploding, they were missing their hands, and so she realized all the exploding victims were killed by her murderer.

Neoxon

Oh ok, so the test dub exists because WB at the time was working on it. Or at the very least was testing the fan reception to the cast.
Correct. Viz Media got going with the Stardust Crusaders dub after they claimed the anime rights from WB, though they did keep the test dub cast.

Maybe he enjoys knifing.
There's nothing about his displayed behaviors that gives evidence to that statement. He's got a hand fetish, not a knifing people fetish. If he enjoyed knifing people he'd be carrying around a knife 24/7 with or without Killer Queen, which is something that he doesn't do. On top of that that would make Kira a rather formidable opponent in close quarters combat, which he isn't.

PK Gaming

I remember Kira's dad mentioning how he used the arrow on him after he came back from killing Reimi. Plus Reimi talks about her death "being all over the papers", which suggests she was the only one

I don't remember him mentioning that. I tried looking over the manga too but I couldn't find it (do you remember the chapter when that happened?)

Is it really impossible for Kira to have killed a few people via that gruesome method before developing Killer Queen?

It's possible that it doesn't mean much, but the vision Rohan has of Kira at the start of the Highway Star fight at least shows him using a knife on someone. I can definitely believe that he likes to use a knife in his murders when it's convenient or relatively safe to, but that we never actually see him carrying out one of his "ritualistic" killings.

On top of that that would make Kira a rather formidable opponent in close quarters combat, which he isn't.

Kira potentially liking to use knives on defenseless or dead people doesn't necessarily mean that he's any good at using them on strong people who are actively fighting back.

Top Bottom