• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Zocano

I was pondering the idea that because Shinobu was infatuated with Kira, he wouldn't find her annoying or grating enough to kill her.

Yandere shipping is weird that way.

cntr

Banned
Well, aside from Reimi, Kira's focused on killing people that he didn't like, right? But he likes Shinobu. So barring a psychotic episode (entirely possible with Kira's issues), he wouldn't have killed her.

Defuser

I dunno, I'm sorta glad Araki didn't expand the relationship between Kira and Shinobu . If Kira did fell in love with Shinobu means he would love everything about her..... including her hands and we know how that turn out.

There have been real life serial killers (like BTK), who were married & even had kids, but didn't hurt their families.

Kira would have likely not been able to keep up his cover or suppress his urges forever, though. Shinobu was not safe, and it's insanely fucked up to actually be positive towards a Kira and Shinobu relationship. He has killed 48 women. That's fucked and so completely far beyond any redemption.

Defuser

Well, aside from Reimi, Kira's focused on killing people that he didn't like, right? But he likes Shinobu. So barring a psychotic episode (entirely possible with Kira's issues), he wouldn't have killed her.

Before he killed Shigechi, the severed hand he was holding was one of the ladies who just walk past him. Kira made a exception to that couple because he was holding his urges in and the couple pissed him off enough for him to stalk and murder them.

cntr

Banned
There have been real life serial killers (like BTK), who were married & even had kids, but didn't hurt their families.

Kira would have likely not been able to keep up his cover or suppress his urges forever, though. Shinobu was not safe, and it's insanely fucked up to actually be positive towards a Kira and Shinobu relationship. He has killed 48 women. That's fucked and so completely far beyond any redemption.

Yeah, Kira's relatable, and his relationship with Shinobu is relatable...but then you remember who Kira actually is, and how wrong it actually is. It's...bizarre.

Squishy3

Before he killed Shigechi, the severed hand he was holding was one of the ladies who just walk past him. Kira made a exception to that couple because he was holding his urges in and the couple pissed him off enough for him to stalk and murder them.
No the girl he killed before Shigechi was talking about how cheap the ring her boyfriend bought her was and it irked Kira.

Edit: nevermind, i'm thinking the one after. Either way it's just never shown when he gets the hand that Shigechi takes by accident, it's just the one he has on hand, so it's not relevant why he killed the victim. But the consistency of the victims shown is that they always did something to irk him (ring girl being shallow and vapid and inconsiderate to her boyfriend, the other girl insulting his nail clippers)

Was it ever explained who was
the guy that pushed the car 12 years ago? I honestly thought he was Josuke himself traveled back in time because Kira put the TERTIARY BOMB on him and he has to break out. But that was not the case. So he was just a random guy?

Guess Who

Banned
Hayato knew that even if he and his mom were safe living with Kira for now, it was only a matter of time before shit hit the fan, and I think that's the correct way to look at it. There was no long-term situation where Shinobu didn't end up as another severed hand for the collection.

the guy that pushed the car 12 years ago? I honestly thought he was Josuke himself traveled back in time because Kira put the TERTIARY BOMB on him and he has to break out. But that was not the case. So he was just a random guy?

It's never really explained. Most people assume it was probably a plot thread Araki intended to come back to at some point but plans changed.

Nairume

Banned
Nope, never explained

Though, on reconsideration,
it's not impossible that it might be addressed some day

Josuke may not have kill a human being but he doomed 2 people to live eternally as a Rock and a book. Imo its a fate worst than death,lol Josuke have the potential to be sadistic.

well they fucked with his family, they had it coming to them

what ever the case, that on of the reasons i like josuke, he is not perfect. he trys to be good but messing with certain things that is close to him breaks him and just lets him loose

cntr

Banned
Part 1: 44 chapters
Part 2: 69 chapters
Part 3: 152 chapters
Part 4: 174 chapters
Part 5: 155 chapters
Part 6: 158 chapters
Part 7: 95 chapters
Part 8: 60+ chapters

Part 7 became monthly about 24 chapters in, so 7 and 8 are much longer than the other parts. But aside from them, DiU's the longest.

Volume/Chapter-wise how long are the rest of the parts compared to part 4?

DiU is 174 chapters. Part 5 and 6 are 155 and 158 chapters respectively. Part 7 has 94 but had a format change from weekly chapters to longer monthly chapters during its time. It went from 2004 to 2011 so yeah.

5 and 6 sound shorter but ultimately its gonna depend on how David paces its episodes and whatever they decide to cut or add.

pbayne

OMG i think the super best friends cast just pointed out a massive logic hole.

Why does Joesph never use his spirit photography to find Kira at any point?

cntr

Banned
lol, that question's been asked on this very page.

We know that spirit photography is easily interfered with, so presumably Kira's dad protected Kira. He's a photograph spirit, after all.

KarasuEXE

OMG i think the super best friends cast just pointed out a massive logic hole.

Why does Joesph never use his spirit photography to find Kira at any point?

We know that spirit photography is easily interfered with, so presumably Kira's dad protected Kira. He's a photograph spirit, after all.

Also, Joseph tried using it to find Josuke in the beginning of part 4, but found Angelo instead. It is mentioned in the first episode.

NeonZ

Yes, just a random guy.

It might be a dropped plot point, but there's the issue that the student shown in the flashback although wearing a similar uniform, doesn't have all the customized details that Josuke's uniform has.

Kaizer

Banned
So what was that deal with that "flashback" of Josuke in the snow helping his own mother in the car?? I thought they were going to loop back around to that in some meaningful way? Was it just a metaphor?

Man, as someone who doesn't read the manga, in the final episode when Kira attempted to use Bites The Dust, I thought for sure his fervent desperation had caused his powers to grow & he'd turned back time 15 years & was going to eliminate Josuke as a child.

This plot thread is probably my one big disappointnent with the season, I thought it was foreshadowing to something bigger to happen at the end.

The weaker the stand user is, the weaker his stand is. Back in Stardust Crusaders, Hermit Purple's powers were already limited when trying to find Dio. If it wasn't for Star Platinum's accuracy, they wouldn't have localized Dio in Egyptia.

In DIU, Joseph is older but also a lot weaker. Yet Hermit Purple allowed to find Angelo, which was weaker than Kira. Keep in mind it's also likely Kira's father could've interfered here.

The sad truth is: Joseph has the worst stand in the series

Nah, this isn't true. Hermit Purple just isnt a combat stand, the same way The Lover isn't, yet can show useful skills.

I am convinced if she learned Kira's identity, she would have been cool with it. Love is funny that way.
See...I knew I wasn't the only one that was perfectly fine with Kira being with Shinobu. "Like I gots to murder people, but I gotta a new wife that loves cats. I can't murder this woman." I mean as fucked as Kira is he was nice to the woman. Dude made her breakfast the first day he got there.

Astral

I'm rewatching it from the beginning right now and goddamn Jotaro's punch is still amazing. That wind up. Also, about Josuke's hair, I remember back when I was reading the manga thinking that he'd defeat Kira after Kira insulted the shit out of his hair or something. Kira's defeat is even better than anticipated but it would've still been cool watching Kira get bodied a bit after insulting Josuke's hair.

I'm rewatching it from the beginning right now and goddamn Jotaro's punch is still amazing. That wind up. Also, about Josuke's hair, I remember back when I was reading the manga thinking that he'd defeat Kira after Kira insulted the shit out of his hair or something. Kira's defeat is even better than anticipated but it would've still been cool watching Kira get bodied a bit after insulting Josuke's hair.
I loved when Rohan got his ass beat for insulting Josuke's hair. It was all according to Rohan's Keikaku until that point.

Neoxon

The sad truth is: Joseph has the worst stand in the series
With Hamon, Hermit Purple is actually decent for combat (hell, Hamon-infused Hermit Purple is the only reason why Joseph lasted as long as he did against Dio). The problem is that Joseph's been slacking on his Hamon training.

cntr

Banned
Joseph's literally wearing an Indiana Jones outfit. Hermit Purple is a vine whip.

Therefore, that must've been the direction Araki was intending to take Joseph, but for whatever reason, it didn't happen.

Top Bottom