• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

SalvaPot

I posted it, but it got taken down.

cf7.jpg

Ezalc

Bloody Stream is my favorite music wise, nothing beats that jazzy rhythm. So no Chi no Sadame is second in that regard but first in badassery. All of the Part 3 OPs I dislike the beat but the Dio's World part of the last was some hype shit. Part 4's OPs are cool, better than 3's but worse than 1 and 2.

Tall4Life

End of the World from Part 3 is sooooooooooo underrated. Like come on guys. It's so fucking hype to hear all the JoJo OP singers come together, especially as that kind of theme is meaningful to the story of the whole Joestar clan up to that point. It feels appropriately like music for a final arc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The full version of End of the World is also really damn good.

I think the normal version of Great Days is better than the Unit version, Unit version was Hype though.

SalvaPot

End of the World from Part 3 is sooooooooooo underrated. Like come on guys. It's so fucking hype to hear all the JoJo OP singers come together, especially as that kind of theme is meaningful to the story of the whole Joestar clan up to that point. It feels appropriately like music for a final arc.

I love the visuals but I do think the tune is kind of bad, it feels more like they are reading words in a kind-of singing voice.

Madao

has Araki explained what does each part's name mean?

like, why is part 1 called Phantom Blood?

that's something i've been curious for a while now. i know there's some elements from the parts themselves that point to the name but i dunno if there's an official word.

SalvaPot

that's something i've been curious for a while now. i know there's some elements from the parts themselves that point to the name but i dunno if there's an official word.

There is that Scene when JoJo punches Dio Brando in the face and the blood hits the shadow of the mask. The Mask reacts to the blood and both Dio and JoJo notices its bizarre movement.

Then Dio looks back at JoJo and, with a sly smile, says "You know, JoJo, we really are the Phantom Blood"

Betty

Banned
Minerals and later on stand names themselves make up the basis for most of the parts.

Like Stardust Crusaders is a reference to Star Platinum, sand and the group that goes to fight Dio.

Diamond is Unbreakable is a reference to Crazy Diamond and I guess the unbreakable heart of Morioh or of Josuke himself

Battle Tendency is the only part that has a dull name, it literally just means Joseph has a tendency to get into battles and that's it :/

Christine

Intros and outros are cool, but for me it's still all about that Awakening -> Propaganda -> Burning Colosseum -> Avalon progression. I just can't get enough of it. Especially Burning Colosseum. Gods damn that's hot.

Pinewood

There is that Scene when JoJo punches Dio Brando in the face and the blood hits the shadow of the mask. The Mask reacts to the blood and both Dio and JoJo notices its bizarre movement.

Then Dio looks back at JoJo and, with a sly smile, says "You know, JoJo, we really are the Phantom Blood"

"You know Caesar, we really have a Battle Tendency"

cntr

Banned
Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond are also references to album records! Platinum, diamond,
gold
. Battle Tendency doesn't have anything to do with Part 2, but the name is so fun to say that I can excuse it.

I posted it, but it got taken down.
The Jojo subreddit restricts all meme fanart and images to a weekly thread, 'cause they don't want the place to get taken over by shitposts.

So, I never hear anything about post Part 4 JoJos.

Have we reached peak JoJo?
Part 5 got a horrible translation, so it's the worst received part in the English speaking fandom, lol. It's very popular in Europe and Japan, where they got proper translations. But yeah, Part 5 and 6 are going to be hype as hell.

Neoxon

Part 5 got a horrible translation, so it's the worst received part in the English speaking fandom, lol. It's very popular in Europe and Japan, where they got proper translations. But yeah, Part 5 and 6 are going to be hype as hell.
That's half of the reason why I'm hyped for Part 5, to have a proper translation via Crunchyroll (& the inevitable dub).

1. The title likely refers to the inexorable, almost omnipresent tie Jonathan and Dio's bloodlines share, despite not being related by blood (also, vampirism). Phantom Blood was retroactively named such when Araki started working on Part 4, so Parts 1 thru 3 all got new names (kinda like how Star Wars became A New Hope). Originally titled "Jonathan Joestar: His Youth".
  2. The only title that's pretty much completely meaningless. Originally titled "Joseph Joestar: His Proud Heritage".
  3. Refers to Star Platinum, the Joestars, and DIO's fancy new star birthmark. Originally titled "Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future".
  4. Diamond is not crash, and Crazy Diamond is not crash
  5. Araki wanted an excuse to name it something Italian (due to the setting), plus GioGio's Stand.
  6. The first one that actually gets a title drop.
  7. The second one to get a title drop, and the first one that isn't ambiguous in any way.
  8. JoJo + Evangelion (as in the gospel, not the anime) = JoJolion

When did Jotaro become so interested in marine life?

It was a retcon. The anime threw in a few nods here and there, but in the manga it was a character development that was about as abrupt as all get out. In Part 3, Jotaro has three encounters underwater with other Stand users (Dark Blue Moon, Yellow Temperance, High Priestess), and none of them give any hint as to him deciding to pick up marine biology in the future.

But hey, Jonathan was an archaeologist, so it's probably just Araki paying homage to careers undertaken by prior members of the family tree. Then again, didn't Joseph go into real estate?

zoku88

Intros and outros are cool, but for me it's still all about that Awakening -> Propaganda -> Burning Colosseum -> Avalon progression. I just can't get enough of it. Especially Burning Colosseum. Gods damn that's hot.
I listen to Burning Colosseum and the opera song and then Not Alone

It was a retcon. The anime threw in a few nods here and there, but in the manga it was a character development that was about as abrupt as all get out. In Part 3, Jotaro has three encounters underwater with other Stand users (Dark Blue Moon, Yellow Temperance, High Priestess), and none of them give any hint as to him deciding to pick up marine biology in the future.

But hey, Jonathan was an archaeologist, so it's probably just Araki paying homage to careers undertaken by prior members of the family tree. Then again, didn't Joseph go into real estate?

I'm not sure it's really a retcon. We don't know much of anything about Jotaro's interests (aside from being a delinquent) at the time Stardust Crusaders take place, and ten years pass between that and Diamond is Unbreakable.

cntr

Banned
Thanks to the teasers at the beginning of Sono Chi no Sadame and Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town, Joseph has the highest opening appearance count (all of them), higher than Jotaro (who missed Bloody Stream).

Thanks to the teasers at the beginning of Sono Chi no Sadame and Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town, Joseph has the highest opening appearance count (all of them), higher than Jotaro (who missed Bloody Stream).

He still doesn't come close, only appearing in 4 OPs if this is counted, but the director of the Great Days OP considers the JUSTICE sun to be Jonathan.

Ezalc

Didn't like it because too me it sounded too disjointed with them all singing.

Top Bottom