• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

zoukka

Great days is the best opening closely followed by SDC opening 2 with the Za Warudo twist. Great Days had even better twist though.

Roundabout is the best ending song of course.

Great days is the best opening closely followed by SDC opening 2 with the Za Warudo twist. Great Days had even better twist though.

Roundabout is the best ending song of course.

Truth. Bloody Stream is great but man, the Dio moment during End of the World was something special.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Bloody Steam is my least favorite OP Song. I just like all the others more.

I wish the full version of chase was longer, its sort of a shame that the OP is nearly the full song.

zoukka

Last Train Home is better

Blasphemy it was one of my least favourite ending songs. They varied up roundabout a lot which made it even better. And when those guitar strings started to drop in the last seconds of the episode, manly tears were often shed.

Breads

Banned
How is that gif 29 MB big

The answer to how and why it is that big would take longer to explain than it did for me to to make the gif.

The TLDR verion is that gifs suck at compression and concessions had to be made in order to save time/ minimize quality loss of the file I converted into a gif.

The webm version I made was 1.3mb and the AVI was 4.94mb. These should be the standard and indeed I use a gaf script that runs most of the gifs posted here as webms/ gifvs because it's faster/ less resource intensive but because most websites are behind the times gifs remain, even though sites like imgur and gfycat automatically create links to webm/gifv versions that are often less than 10-5% the size while retaining the same quality (relative quality anyway, the script was is a wip and some issues are present) - though the biggest immediate improvement (since size shouldn't be an issue in this high speed information age) would be the fact that these would no longer be limited to 50 fps or 256 colors like gifs are.

I did take one of the pre gif output files and ran it through a processor and got this

http://imgur.com/540Zc8V.gif

It's 11.8mb but it dropped a few frames and it would take some tweaking to get it at an acceptable level.... all of which being more time on my end in service to making a joke more efficient. And eh.

Voror

I have to go with Roundabout. That To Be Continued usage was on point. I would have been fine with them using it throughout. Still the different songs were nice. I was not expecting Savage Garden for DiU.

Magwik

Banned
I have to go with Roundabout. That To Be Continued usage was on point. I would have been fine with them using it throughout. Still the different songs were nice. I was not expecting Savage Garden for DiU.

Roundabout in Parts 1+2 was some of the best ending outro imaginable until I started Hunter x Hunter. Each ED is used almost perfectly within the episode and the shows use of Postcard Memories is just superb.

SalvaPot

Roundabout in Parts 1+2 was some of the best ending outro imaginable until I started Hunter x Hunter. Each ED is used almost perfectly within the episode and the shows use of Postcard Memories is just superb.

The fade into outro for the Chimera arc were on point.
fb103a78edf6f52a5b3725cde570d865.jpg

Chills every time.

JoJo was also brilliant for this in part 1 and 2, I kinda want to see if they would have worked for later parts too. Imagine Roundabout just when everyone sees Bites the Dust.

I have gained so much respect for So No Chi No Sadame since first hearing it. I thought it was a little stuffy for a long time - much like Part 1 in general, natch - but I dig it a lot.

CHASE is probably my favourite OP.

Zocano

Y'all crazy.

OP1, Sono Chi no Sadame is the best Jojo OP straight up. No questions. And how it's used at the end of Part 2 is

SO

FUCKING

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

But as a song, Bloody Stream is probably my favorite.

So, I never hear anything about post Part 4 JoJos.

Have we reached peak JoJo?
Part 7 along with part 4 seem to be the fan favorites among the manga readers. I also personally think part 6 is incredible, and part 8 has been fantastic so far. Part 5 isn't perfect, but it's still a pretty fun ride. So don't worry, there is plenty of Jojo greatness left.

Top Bottom