• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Guess Who

Banned
So apparently Sakurai is a JoJo fan.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-12-at-3.48.43-PM.png

he also likes battle tendency and joseph, so, good taste

Welfare

DIO has nothing that can kill Kars. Za Wardo at most would just stall Kars, and even then, Kars is a ripple user.

DIO gets stomped.

Defuser

Wasn't it implied nothing can kill Cars? DIO also has vampire stuff so any contact from him would be auto-KO. Super Fabulous Cars will curbstomp DIO too.
Pre stands then yeah,nothing could kill Kars. But later Jojo parts have some stands that are too op that can even take down Kars.

Josuke could one punch him.

Without a stand you are already dead.

Crazy Diamond could rearrange him, but the Pillar Men inherently have the ability to freely manipulate their bodies. It's not going to stick.

Really, the only people up to this point that can even hypothetically kill Cars are the D'arby brothers, Alessi, and Vanilla Ice. Cars would end up killing all of them but Vanilla Ice before they even get to do anything, and Cars would just end up absorbing Vanilla Ice if he ever exposes himself from Cream.

I don't think that the Pillar Men have souls, do they? So the D'arby brothers wouldn't be too effective. Alessi...it's a toss up. It regresses their age based on how long they touch the shadow, but since they are thousands of years old, it would theoretically take a long while before they're regressed to a child-like state, and since alessi himself is just human he'd probably be killed immediately

Vanilla Ice might have a chance..

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also injuring Pillar Men without the use of sun is pointless.

I'm pretty certain that if DIO got absorbed his personality would just override his and it would just be like MGS 2 Liquid Snake before the retcon. It's DIO we're talking about here.

Nah, DIO is broken towards Stand users but he doesn't have that shit. He was still a vampire.

I don't think that the Pillar Men have souls, do they? So the D'arby brothers wouldn't be too effective. Alessi...it's a toss up. It regresses their age based on how long they touch the shadow, but since they are thousands of years old, it would theoretically take a long while before they're regressed to a child-like state, and since alessi himself is just human he'd probably be killed immediately

Vanilla Ice might have a chance..
Were the Pillar Men ever children or did they just awaken as the Aztec Gods of Gains?
Nah, DIO is broken towards Stand users but he doesn't have that shit. He was still a vampire.
I mean yeah, but it's not like Araki is immune to pulling crazy shit out of his ass.

Boss Doggie

Were the Pillar Men ever children or did they just awaken as the Aztec Gods of Gains?
I mean yeah, but it's not like Araki is immune to pulling crazy shit out of his ass.

Well there was a scene where they were holding a baby Santana.

And true, but you could also apply that towards Pillar Men :p

Honestly, the whole "could any other Jojo villain beat Kars" thing depends entirely on if they could even actually kill him. Sure there are some broken as fuck abilities later but could they kill him? There's only about 4 or so stands in the entire series I can think of that could hypothetically do so with one of them being Vanilla Ice's.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm pretty certain that if DIO got absorbed his personality would just override his and it would just be like MGS 2 Liquid Snake before the retcon. It's DIO we're talking about here.

DIO wasn't even able to override Joseph's personality when his tainted blood got transferred back to him.

Both Santana and Wham were raised from children, so they're younger than ACDC and Cars. Santana was treated as a guard dog though
Well that's a good detail I've completely forgotten. It makes sense since ACDC did look older than Wham and Cars...Cars had really good hair then unless he was just hiding his bald spot.

Boss Doggie

Honestly, the whole "could any other Jojo villain beat Kars" thing depends entirely on if they could even actually kill him. Sure there are some broken as fuck abilities later but could they kill him? There's only about 4 or so stands in the entire series I can think of that could hypothetically do so with one of them being Vanilla Ice's.

I wouldn't say much as this is a strict thread, but generally the only ones I can see having a chance are part 4 onwards final boss stands.

cntr

Banned
wammu and santana were raised by their gay parents, and later became bigamists with a man named joseph

truly progressive

Finalow

speaking of ice powers, bring Pet Shop back. his death wasn't canon

f啊啊k Iggy

regarding last episode, good stuff. I like the OP much more than the ED though

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Sure but kars isnt immune to being frozen as proven by his defeat

Kars didn't die. The point of his defeat is that he can't get back to Earth. That's not something Dio can do, so freezing him is useless, you know being the ultimate evolutionary being. We're also talking about absolute zero here, dio doesn't freeze at freaking absolute zero.

Boss Doggie

The better question is if Straights was a better vampire than Dio vampire.

I figured as much, if we go off if he still had these powers, then he'd make cars his bitch

What no that's not how it works. Vampires are shit vs. Pillar Men as they are essentially food for them.

Sure but kars isnt immune to being frozen as proven by his defeat

No, Kars didn't get frozen. Kars willed himself to stop thinking.

Nottle

So what qualifies as a punch ghost. People claim that stands from part 3 sort of suck because they are punch ghosts, but the only ones I can think of are the main heroes, blue moon, the world, tower of gray, ebony devil, and that's it really from what I can think of.

Something I loved about part 3 is that everyone knows how dangerous team Joestar is so they almost always try to do a sneak attack. I love part 4 more than 3. But when I hear that the antagonists in 3 have weak reasons to fight I'm not buying it. They are all contract killers or cult like followers. Good enough compared to some of the random ways fights start later on.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So what qualifies as a punch ghost. People claim that stands from part 3 sort of suck because they are punch ghosts, but the only ones I can think of are the main heroes, blue moon, the world, tower of gray, ebony devil, and that's it really from what I can think of.

Something I loved about part 3 is that everyone knows how dangerous team Joestar is so they almost always try to do a sneak attack. I love part 4 more than 3. But when I hear that the antagonists in 3 have weak reasons to fight I'm not buying it. They are all contract killers or cult like followers. Good enough compared to some of the random ways fights start later on.

Which reminds me: Part 4 protagonists seem to have punch ghosts ONLY. Jôtarô's and Jôsuke's stands are obviously punch ghosts, and so is Okiyasu's (the 4th member of the team, seen in the OP) from the looks of it.

Not to say that's necessarily a problem, mind because first, non-punch ghosts were sometimes boring in SC (never really liked Hierophant Green for instance, despite liking Kakyôin) anyway, and second, thankfully, Jôsuke's stand has tons of potential. It's really just Jôtarô's that was boring as hell. It's basically a thing with superhuman abilities and no real trick to it.

Fandangox

Which reminds me: Part 4 protagonists seem to have punch ghosts ONLY. Jôtarô's and Jôsuke's stands are obviously punch ghosts, and so is Okiyasu's (the 4th member of the team, seen in the OP) from the looks of it.

Not to say that's necessarily a problem, mind because first, non-punch ghosts were sometimes boring in SC (never really liked Hierophant Green for instance, despite liking Kakyôin) anyway, and second, thankfully, Jôsuke's stand has tons of potential. It's really just Jôtarô's that was boring as hell. It's basically a thing with superhuman abilities and no real trick to it.

A future character yet to be introduced has quite a different stand from everything else. Initially in the manga it wasn't even clear if it was something that looked like the rest of the stands or not, although it could be argued this person isn't a "protagonist"

Welfare

Couldn't dio just stop time and throw kars into space?

He'd have 11 seconds to MUDA MUDA Kars with enough force to put him in space. Assuming DIO's time stop does in fact continue to improve, he would have more time to do it, but that is assuming Kars doesn't just ripple the fuck out of DIO.

Thud

Punch ghosts aren't really useful until the finishing blow, so they have to use their heads.

Boss Doggie

What is this theoretical full power DIO though? We never see it as Jotaro never made him reach that. So why would Cars have to be given that handicap?

Also Cars is sly. He'd do shit like ripple barrier.

What is this theoretical full power DIO though? We never see it as Jotaro never made him reach that. So why would Cars have to be given that handicap?

Well most of the Stands that could beat Cars are theoretical since you don't know if it would actually work on him or if he would just DNA himself so it wouldn't.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Assuming Dio full power is him having that stand in Eyes of Heaven game, then yes, he can beat Cars easily.

Top Bottom