• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Which reminds me: Part 4 protagonists seem to have punch ghosts ONLY. Jôtarô's and Jôsuke's stands are obviously punch ghosts, and so is Okiyasu's (the 4th member of the team, seen in the OP) from the looks of it.

Okuyasu's Stand is a punch ghost, but it's power set is very, very unique and is probably one of my favorite stands. Just wait, there's some crazy stuff coming in this series.

Assuming Dio full power is him having that stand in Eyes of Heaven game, then yes, he can beat Cars easily.

Heaven DIO is in his own tier of bullshit power level well above even the usual stands one usually thinks of as top tier bs strong. I don't think it's fair to consider him for any discussion lol

NEO0MJ

What is this theoretical full power DIO though? We never see it as Jotaro never made him reach that. So why would Cars have to be given that handicap?

Also Cars is sly. He'd do shit like ripple barrier.

Yeah, Don't forget that the World also shares Dio's weakness towards ripple/sunlight. It's the reason he had to attack Joseph using makeshift projectiles instead of hunting him down with his stand or himself.

105.Will

I guess cars wins since DIO can't kill him, but until he figures out how to land a killing blow against DIO, it's extremely in DIO's favor. The ability to stop time is to strong and Cars can't even see The World, but Cars still wins

Matsukaze

- I wasn't that attached to some of the main characters, and those I liked weren't as fleshed out as I'd hoped. I don't particularly care for Jôtarô, and Kakyôin could have been more developed and useful.
To be honest, Jotaro may be the face of JoJo, but I found him a lot more enjoyable in the support role while reading Part 4. His reserved and analytical nature plays very nicely with Josuke's temperament, IMO.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
To be honest, Jotaro may be the face of JoJo, but I found him a lot more enjoyable in the support role while reading Part 4. His reserved and analytical nature plays very nicely with Josuke's temperament, IMO.

Yeah, he's already much more likeable to me, from the 2 episodes of Part 4 I've watched.

Ezalc

I guess cars wins since DIO can't kill him, but until he figures out how to land a killing blow against DIO, it's extremely in DIO's favor. The ability to stop time is to strong and Cars can't even see The World, but Cars still wins

Not really given that Dio can't touch Kars without dying by ripple or just absorption. He'd get his ass handed to him. Especially since he'd probably underestimate him from the get go.

Of the stands we've seen so far the only one that can possibly kill Kars is Cream, this is if Vanilla Ice doesn't miss the first shot, Kars doesn't suddenly DNA a stand of his own, or if Vanilla Ice doesn't expose himself. Any of those happening basically guarantees VI loses.

Madao

Kars reminds me of Aizen's crazy powerups before he was defeated. they had to basically pull some BS to overcome him because of how OP he became.

Kars reminds me of Aizen's crazy powerups before he was defeated. they had to basically pull some BS to overcome him because of how OP he became.

aizen was beaten by a bullshit powerup. Joseph just workshopped a scenario where he could actually win, through sheer luck and fortitude

Jarate

Banned
the best part of the part 2 asspull is that Joseph was well aware he was pulling shit out of his ass. That was part of the fun, most animes where this happens, the MC "knows" what's going to happen with asspulls or makes it out to be part of this huge plan.

the best part of the part 2 asspull is that Joseph was well aware he was pulling shit out of his ass. That was part of the fun, most animes where this happens, the MC "knows" what's going to happen with asspulls or makes it out to be part of this huge plan.

It's also the nature of the asspull, the universe rearranging itself to suit Joseph in hilarious and over the top ways is infinitely more preferable than Joseph having a vision from fucking Jesus telling him that; "Oh you're actually the reincarnation of whatever, here's a new super ripple mode or whatever."

cntr

Banned
Yeah, it's easier to swallow Rube Goldberg plots saving the day than random power ups.

i sometimes wonder if japanese viewers disagree, or if they think aizen was stupid too

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I'm desensitized too especially from all of what all old action anime get free pass (especially from the ones that came out when this was made as a manga). Like YYH having on-screen character getting eaten.

I mean after seeing stuff like Angel Cop or Genocyber or the glorious world of manga Berserk, which is fucked shit, it doesn't bother me either. But I've noticed pet related stuff can be touchy for some and I can see why, despite not owning a pet.

Squishy3

What are you guys referring to? I watch Jojo with my mom and little brother and maybe the worst thing was the dog bite but since they censor everything its not bad.
I think that even if censored it's still the act of someone biting a dog's snout off and spitting it's blood into the owner's mouth while posing immediately afterwards. It's easier to swallow since it's in an animated format versus real depictions of animal violence. (hello John Wick even though the actual act is depicted as out of focus)

Granted, it's more absurdist violence that made me spit out my drink versus something like Vanilla Ice kicking the shit out of Iggy... but I didn't remember this scene being particularly graphic in the manga.

Edit: And well, that's because it isn't as graphic. It only shows the leash jerking and then cuts to the result of Angelo's actions. There's no inbetween shot of him with the snout in his mouth and ripping it out.

cntr

Banned
Granted, it's more absurdist violence that made me spit out my drink versus something like Vanilla Ice kicking the shit out of Iggy... but I didn't remember this scene being particularly graphic in the manga.
David Pro did real good at making Angelo a real villain, plus Araki was in the middle of moving to his new style

I mean after seeing stuff like Angel Cop or Genocyber or the glorious world of manga Berserk, which is fucked shit, it doesn't bother me either. But I've noticed pet related stuff can be touchy for some and I can see why, despite not owning a pet.
Growing up on 90's animes really makes it go down easier. I was like, "Oh shit did he just?" and just rewinded the thing to watch that exact scene again.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What are you guys referring to? I watch Jojo with my mom and little brother and maybe the worst thing was the dog bite but since they censor everything its not bad.

More like Angelo raping children and nailing their privates to poles, that kind of stuff.

fe7.png

The part I loved most in Part 2 is when Joseph literally ass pulled a Tommy Gun on Straizo

Now THAT caught me off guard

The moment Joseph as a character won me over completely. Not to mention him trying to play fucking tag with the uber powerful and terrifying Santana/Santimento.

Even if Kars was only beaten by a mix of luck and improvisation, at least Joseph had the courage to sacrifice himself by flying Kars into a volcano. Kars survived that, but Joseph tried his best. That's why the insane ending to Part 2 didn't feel like a cop out; at least Joseph had gotten Kars into the volcano in the first place.

Joseph's asspull/bluffing is actually what saves the day, which is what makes the ending incredible. Him saying this was all part of his plan distracts Kars for a fatal moment, as the narrator flat out says. If Joseph hadn't rolled a 20 on bluff like he did at that moment, Kars might have been able to escape.

The perfect life form with the most OP of power sets gets done in by the bluffing of a half-dead human with one arm. It's awesome.

Top Bottom