• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Todays episode was starting off and well and good with Jousuke actually finally deciding to happily involve Koichi in his life by offering him a once in a life time opportunity to come to his house. He even looked incredibly happy about it.
CgGc-XwW8AIo7va.jpg

It seemed like it would be a perfect episode but then of course the writer once again proved for the third time in three seasons and this time at only episode three that he had to incorporate story elements that only bad writers would have. I give the anime countless chances and each time he just continues to stay the same. Surely the editor would have suggested to the writing team that you cant survive on writing bad anime?
Really? Koichi doesnt even have a stand or did anything to even have to go through this type of pain. I hope he actually gets healing he deserves and that we avoid another Kakyoin type of situation

There's no one else in this thread that I want to see read the manga more than you.

I'm not even talking about adding or removing characters. They added a store where they had left only black before, changed the timing and spacing of the characters appearing, changed blocks' layouts by switching around buildings, added visual effects, added trees, added lamps, fixed animation errors...it's nothing about spoilers or like the Roundabout endings.

gotcha.

Odrion

Banned
How can this show already be this good on episode 3, what the fuck.
It's because Stardust Crusaders was meh in comparison to the rest of the series. Still was a great show, but y'know. It's like Dark Souls 2.

Now we're seeing the really good Jojo.

TheOGB

Banned
Literally the second after Josuke figured out The Hand I was like "oh man it'd be sick if he could erase physical space," AND THEN HE DID IT! I marked out, lmao. Okuyasu gives off heavy Polnareff vibes to me so far, so I look forward to him joining The Boys.

I enjoyed the return of Joseph's Part 3 theme when Josuke's mom met Jotaro, and I'm glad that Jotaro's presence means more remixes of the Stardust Crusaders theme. I love how cohesive and connected David Pro is able to make this series; it's been really neat seeing DP's foreshadowing and attention to detail come to fruition in different ways. It makes me really excited to see how they eventually handle Parts 5 and 6, which I know far less about than even Part 4.

Madao

one of my favorite things about the Jojo game is things like every character having a hair insult for Josuke.

DIO was savage.

RF4ycAc.jpg

Defuser

You know the first time Josuke got pulled towards Okuyasu, the soda can beside him got pulled also and went beyond Okuyasu. I wonder if Josuke noticed that which he why figured out how to beat the hand.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Remember the crudely drawn part 4-themed ads that aired in Japan during parts 1 and 2?
ogbWbMn.png

one of my favorite things about the Jojo game is things like every character having a hair insult for Josuke.

DIO was savage.

RF4ycAc.jpg

CAxemjPl.jpg

Jotaro didn't want any of that milf action.

This show is just great as always. David Pro is killing it.
I'm convinced Jotaro just wants dolphin sex at this point. On another note good episode. While I was watching this I was amazed at how fluid the animation is for the show when you compare it to the first season. Some of the transitions used were really good.

Madao

Jotaro didn't want any of that milf action.

This show is just great as always. David Pro is killing it.

i'm sure it's way past the Bizarre point having any naughty thoughts about his uncle's mother.

out of context it sounds even worse.

Thud

i'm sure it's way past the Bizarre point having any naughty thoughts about his uncle's mother.

out of context it sounds even worse.

I'm sure he doesn't want to get involved with a woman that got a child with his grandpa.

It's weird as it is.

cntr

Banned
Edit: thing that might encourage spoiler discussion removed

Jotaro isn't an idiot, he'd know how awkward it would be. Josuke would probably beat him up, at the very least

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Diamond is unbreakable 3
Great episode. Love the sfx they use for The Hand power. Okuyasu could've finished the fight in a second, Josuke was fortunate that man is an idiot.
Jotaro still as awkward as ever.

Mista Koo

Brilliant editing in this episode as well. I thought Okuyasu's brother was a Polnareff look-alike. Funnily enough Okuyasu seems like a Polnareff, I hope I like him though (I didn't like Polnareff, especially his design which I thought was cool when playing the Capcom game when it was released).
Btw did his hair style change during the manga run? Or did the anime just want to differentiate his hair and Josuke's more? (If his hair is a plot point just tell me it's a style change).

The hand is also a cool stand, think of all the crazy mixups he can do with that space scraping :p Also he could possibly jump from any height and just scrape the air between him and the floor!

I bet he'll get a stand eventually just because of that opening, but I'm not sure this ordeal is going to be the moment for it. The bow and arrow was specifically said to awaken stands in people with murderous intent.
I wonder it will be a "twist" in a battle; "My friends are gonna die" *murderous intent* BAM! you have a stand!

DIO was savage.

RF4ycAc.jpg
Wait wait wait, was the yellowish sky a manga thing as well :O? It is a very impressive and significant art direction that I was crediting David Production for!

Wait wait wait, was the yellowish sky a manga thing as well :O? It is a very impressive and significant art direction that I was crediting David Production for!

Most volume covers for each part that show the sky have it a solid flat odd color. Red, yellow, pink, orange etc.

In the official colored manga the sky is generally blue.

Style

Banned
iirc, they didn't really do much beyond the hidden space but even that has a plot hole since there's no time for him to get in there when the explosion happens. also, even if he did hide there, nothing was stopping him from killing Erina since, even as just a head, he'd have enough power to kill her.
time stopping wouldn't fit here since Dio doesn't get that power until 100 years later.

i guess adhering to the manga too much killed chances of them changing that detail. they could have bad Erina escape in something else like a box or something but they'd have needed to change a lot and probably was too much trouble.

It's mentioned in one of the novels written by Nisio Isin that Erina was the one who put Dio and Jonathan in to the coffin.

Top Bottom