• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Okuyasu seems to be one of the main dudes going by the promo material and opening, so I guess it's going to be another Kakyoin situation. He doesn't seem possessed, though, but his brother did say something about putting other stand users under his control.

I bet he'll get a stand eventually just because of that opening, but I'm not sure this ordeal is going to be the moment for it. The bow and arrow was specifically said to awaken stands in people with murderous intent.

Wouldnt he have got it instantly if that were the case. If the last part is true the perhaps something will happen to Jousuke this fight.

Mupod

I love how a total idiot got a massively OP Stand like The Hand lol. Another great episode.

I like how the series makes a point of having seemingly useless and hilariously specific Stand abilities end up being incredibly deadly through imaginatative usage. And then you have this terrifyingly strong Stand hamstrung by a (lovable) dumbass.

munchie64

I bet he'll get a stand eventually just because of that opening, but I'm not sure this ordeal is going to be the moment for it. The bow and arrow was specifically said to awaken stands in people with murderous intent.
Maybe he's secretly evil. I've learned not to trust short people.
Holy shit. It was there all along.

image.php

Yeesh, so The Hand is basically a lite version of Cream? That sounds OP.

I gotta say, I like how more mature Jotaro is in this. Araki did a good job aging him. I mean, he's still the same old stoic, "Yare Yare Daze" Jotaro we know, but he seems less grumpy and stern than he was in Stardust Crusaders.

Not that his grumpy and stern side in that part wasn't fun, but with him basically being in a mentor role for Josuke, it wouldn't really work as well here than it would there.

Guess Who

Banned
Joseph's got it because Dio got hit by the arrow.

Yeah, I think the idea is that Dio's Stand awakening triggered Stands in the entire Joestar line, since he took over Jonathan's body - it's why Holy suddenly developed a Stand that she couldn't control and was killing her, for instance.

Thud

Yeah, I think the idea is that Dio's Stand awakening triggered Stands in the entire Joestar line, since he took over Jonathan's body - it's why Holy suddenly developed a Stand that she couldn't control and was killing her, for instance.

Dio actually got two stands,The World and a Hermit's Purple-esque stand. That last one is due to Jonathon Joestar, hence why Joseph and Dio are more connected as well.

Polnareff was born with a stand and I guess the trauma of losing his sister quicked his progress. Basically users need a certain aptitude to posses a stand and not get possessed instead.

Meffer

I know some people are complaining about why Josuke doesn't immediately help Koichi but there are some factors. 1. Crazy Diamond can restore a person from almost any injury if they're not dead. 2. The Hand is a very dangerous Stand.

Squishy3

I know some people are complaining about why Josuke doesn't immediately help Koichi but there are some factors. 1. Crazy Diamond can restore a person from almost any injury if they're not dead. 2. The Hand is a very dangerous Stand.
That and it's a Stand that he didn't fully understand in between him and Koichi. Once he understood it he literally used Okuyasu's own Stand against him.

Josuke also didn't know he was a stand user at first, to him it was just a super territorial bully. The extra minutes vs one page in the manga makes it come off worse.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Really like how they animated The Hand and its powers this episode. The hand is truly terrifying and could be so OP. Haha.

Matsukaze

They did a superb job animating The Hand.

Next week's episode is gonna be so good; I can already anticipate people's reactions to a couple certain things and it will be glorious.

Feltrol

Banned
Loved the nod-backs to Stardust Crusaders and also the special appearance of
Enyaba
in Part 4's style.

Looks like the ending will change weekly, too -- which is awesome. <3

Thud

I figured Joseph had it for a while. He seemed to be used to it when Jotaro and Holly got theirs and knew Avdol already.

Joseph had it for a bit longer, the connection is stronger between Dio and him. So he would have developed it first. Abdul and Joseph met before, I'm guessing it was quite an event because Abdul trained Iggy and the Speedwagon Foundation (associated with Joseph) took him in. Afterwards Abdul met Dio and called Joseph about it.

Abdul served as a mentor to the group, because he knew the most about Egypt and the stands that derived from them. Joseph also acts as support for Jotaro.

In part 4 Jotaro is the mentor of sorts. Of course Josuke is getting into the battles. :p

Hopeford

One thing I'm enjoying a lot so far is that Josuke is actually a really nice guy, albeit an idiot. It's just a nice change of pace after Jotaro to have a JoJo who goes check up on a friend to go walk home with him and stuff.

One more thing is that in spite of Josuke totally being his own person, I can definitely see him being Joseph's son. He behaves a little...Joseph-ish? Not sure how to explain it haha.

Also, love how stylized the animation for part 4 is so far. It's awesome.

Jigolo

One thing I'm enjoying a lot so far is that Josuke is actually a really nice guy, albeit an idiot. It's just a nice change of pace after Jotaro to have a JoJo who goes check up on a friend to go walk home with him and stuff.

One more thing is that in spite of Josuke totally being his own person, I can definitely see him being Joseph's son. He behaves a little...Joseph-ish? Not sure how to explain it haha.

Also, love how stylized the animation for part 4 is so far. It's awesome.
This your first anime?

Episode 3

This episode was another really great one. David Production is just hitting things out of the park this season. The transitions were once again fantastic, with the arrow and the Google Maps ones standing out. I really liked seeing The Hand in action, and it's awesome to see it animated with such effort put into making it look good. I was pretty much laughing my head off when the fight ended with Okuyasu being hit with the pots. Seeing the foreshadowing that DP did with the arrow was great when SC aired, and I like seeing people's reactions to realize what effort they put in.

Also, I like the new ED a lot better than the old one. I'm guessing that they were short for time making first episode's ED, leading to some the problems with that ED (like the awning that connected to nothing). Now, it seems all the problems have been fixed, and for manga readers, there's a really cool bit of foreshadowing in the ED.

The music they keep saving for the times Josuke gets pissed off/hair insults is so goddamn hype.

What a great episode. I can see why people love Okuyasu, he's hilarious.

Eumi

They absolutely nailed The Hand. One of the problems I had in the manga was The Hand never felt as dangerous as it is, but now it's bloody terrifying.

Gotta be honest though, I'm really not liking the film grain effect that they throw on when things get tense. Hope it doesn't stick around but I'll probably just get used to it.

ionitron

Yo Angelo!

1460759835060.jpg

Hahaha looks like a ship on his head.

They absolutely nailed The Hand. One of the problems I had in the manga was The Hand never felt as dangerous as it is, but now it's bloody terrifying.

Gotta be honest though, I'm really not liking the film grain effect that they throw on when things get tense. Hope it doesn't stick around but I'll probably just get used to it.

Yeah man, it looked and even sounded a lot like Time Stop at the end of Stardust.

I don't particularly mind the film grain effects but I miiiight have to agree? I like how it feels kinda video game-ish with the face tiles (Don't know how to describe it) but I can probably do without the grain.

Ahhhh I don't have it in me to wait a week every time for this show haha. Loved this week's episode, some fantastic Jotaro moments. The scene with Josuke's mom was wayyy better than what it was in the manga, too, lol.

Josuke's so great, it's so nice to see him make the initiative to just hang out with a friend after school and just overall seem to have a friendly, down-to-earth Jojo.

That effect on the Hand is pure sweet. His range seems way huger than I remember though.

What did they do with the parodox of Dio's coffin?

Paradox as in how did the guy get in it? Stop time, get out, put guy in, resume time then stifle giggles as they all freak out at it.

Nottle

That effect on the Hand is pure sweet. His range seems way huger than I remember though.

Paradox as in how did the guy get in it? Stop time, get out, put guy in, resume time then stifle giggles as they all freak out at it.

No, the paradox of how can Dio ride his coffin to the surface in part 3, if Erina, baby Lisa Lisa, and fetal Jorge already used the coffin to survive part 1. I'm assuming that is the plot hole David Pro fixed involving a coffin. But how?

Blues1990

Yep, David Pro has been amazing at correcting holes left by the manga (Dio's coffin, arrows on Dio's wall) and adding extremely subtle hints in the OP's/Endings.

The fact that they given DIO's coffin a secret compartment at the bottom, which he hid in whilst Erina and the baby remained on the top one, was practically a cleaver way to recon that plot hole.

I gotta say, I like how more mature Jotaro is in this. Araki did a good job aging him. I mean, he's still the same old stoic, "Yare Yare Daze" Jotaro we know, but he seems less grumpy and stern than he was in Stardust Crusaders.

Not that his grumpy and stern side in that part wasn't fun, but with him basically being in a mentor role for Josuke, it wouldn't really work as well here than it would there.

I wonder if anyone had hooked up with Jotaro after Part 3. I mean, he's pretty blunt and aloof, & he's isn't exactly great with expressing how he feels. Coupled with spending a good chunk of his time researching supernatural phenomenon at the Speedwagon Foundation and his marine biologist career, I can't imagine a girlfriend/wife tolerating all of that for too long.

cm osi

Todays episode was starting off and well and good with Jousuke actually finally deciding to happily involve Koichi in his life by offering him a once in a life time opportunity to come to his house. He even looked incredibly happy about it.
CgGc-XwW8AIo7va.jpg

It seemed like it would be a perfect episode but then of course the writer once again proved for the third time in three seasons and this time at only episode three that he had to incorporate story elements that only bad writers would have. I give the anime countless chances and each time he just continues to stay the same. Surely the editor would have suggested to the writing team that you cant survive on writing bad anime?
Really? Koichi doesnt even have a stand or did anything to even have to go through this type of pain. I hope he actually gets healing he deserves and that we avoid another Kakyoin type of situation

why you consider that bad writing? and have you even understood the purpose of the arrow?

Matsukaze

Coupled with spending a good chunk of his time researching supernatural phenomenon at the Speedwagon Foundation and his marine biologist career, I can't imagine a girlfriend/wife tolerating all of that for too long.
Well, silver lining for Jotaro - there's plenty of other fish in the sea.

I'll see myself out.

Top Bottom