• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

D-Man

39 seems kind of short, I hope they don't skip any stand user. There are some stands that I have been waiting too long to see animated, they would be super hilarious.

I'm pretty sure that the director said that no fights have been cut. The intro helps back this up.

dan2026

I'm pretty sure that the director said that no fights have been cut. The intro helps back this up.

Hell zero fights were cut in Crusaders. And that had a shit ton of fights.

Also I had forgotten just how cool Bad Company was as a Stand.
There is just something great about little army men running round.

latest

I love the Worst Company stand. Shit is fucking bad ass. I love that Josuke is just as sharp as his ancestors. I'm loving the art work and the animation this season. I love the aura that surrounds the characters when they use their stand. The sound is also incredible.

Kysen

So I took everyone's advice and went back and watched part 3. Well its ruined part 4 for me. So far this is a huge step down from the badassery that was in part 3(Jotaro damn). The previous cast was also a lot better.

I love how they just change the subs when he still says "Bad Company" every time.

Shit to get around copyright on only one end is never not funny.

jgminto

So I took everyone's advice and went back and watched part 3. Well its ruined part 4 for me. So far this is a huge step down from the badassery that was in part 3(Jotaro damn). The previous cast was also a lot better.

Way too early to say that. I love Part 3 but Part 4 is an incredible experience. It's also still super early in this part, at around the same point as the original Kakyoin fight in SC and David Pro is doing an amazing job with it. Even though I think a lot of people overrate Part 4, there's a reason it's so well regarded.

Part 3 is the traditional heroes journey that PArt 1 and 2 were except with Stands and a bigger party.

Part 4 is fucking Scooby Doo with Stands.

You're so early in Diamond that it's not even fair to compare the two. There are a lot of interesting stands and fun fights coming.

I don't know about you, but I was hooked during the Angelo arc.

Leezard

Yeah I remember watching early part 3 thinking "just a couple more fights until it gets really good" for a while until we finally got to the more interesting stands. I had already read the manga, of course, but I can't get away from that feeling.

Part 4 gets good much earlier, even the early fights are much better than the early fights in part 3.

Mista Koo

There are no canon colors in JoJo. That's something I really like about the series.
I too like that a lot, it and the poses are probably my favorite things beside the stands. While the anime toys with it in intense scenes, I wonder how it would've looked if they went all out and the characters would just change colors between different locations/episodes.

This alongside the yellowish sky did inspire me a lot. I want to make a game where there is no default color palette for anything and the palette switches after every fight/level.

Whatever you think about the material, there's no doubt that the quality of the anime adaptation of Part 4 has been greatly increased compared to the quality of Part 3's anime.

I can't fathom liking terse, brooding Part 3 Jotaro over awkward but lovably goofy Part 4 Jotaro. His personality has been adjusted just enough so he's no longer a black hole for fun.

Early part 3 is forgettable for the most part, I would know. I've seen it and I've forgotten a bulk of the first half. Second half is pretty damn good though. Cast wise I already like Part 4 more. Jotaro is too damn stoic to be interesting as a main lead in my opinion. If it was just him and no Old Joseph or Kakyoin it wouldn't be too enjoyable. Polnareff...well he's a person. I think I already like Koichi more than Polnareff. Avdol was fine, just under used. Iggy was a mutt, but he had heart so I can't even trash talk him anymore. Stand battles already seem more interesting too since you can't just wail on this batch like it's One Punch Man.
Part 3 is the traditional heroes journey that PArt 1 and 2 were except with Stands and a bigger party.

Part 4 is fucking Scooby Doo with Stands.
You say that last part like it's a bad thing.
Persona 4 was inspired by this part sooooo
I fucking love Persona 4.

Reminder that the full version of Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is out tomorrow in Japan/later today in America and that you guys should share it asap if you find it :T

Tizoc

A few of the next episodes may not appeal to everyone but thankfully the 'weaker' encounters are among the early eps.
Thing start getting good from ep. 9 onwards at the latest tho

Crazy Noisy should have been my favorite theme. I love funk, and funk related melodies and instruments, and the opening to mid-parts are so good. But then that weak chorus kicks in and just kills my momentum.

Ah well, still buying the single.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Part 4 is also being streamed on Italian streaming service VVVVid.it, with Italian subs and the original names (Bad Company is still Bad).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Crazy Noisy should have been my favorite theme. I love funk, and funk related melodies and instruments, and the opening to mid-parts are so good. But then that weak chorus kicks in and just kills my momentum.

Ah well, still buying the single.

The instrumental intro is really strong and feels right at home for Jojo's general craziness.

But I agree that the chorus is extremely weak, and the song in general feels very by-the-numbers for anime/J-Pop. It could honestly fit any flavor-of-the-season comedy/slice-of-life anime out there. It's not bad, just completely uninventive and too "sweet".

Still like that bombastic intro though.

Okingjrr

What disappoints me the most is that we'll probably never have a full version of an OP comparable to Sono Chi no Sadame's full version.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Earlier I went to the bookstore and did a bit of manga scouring. First time in a long while.

Without looking for it I immediately spot a Diamond is Unbreakable volume (in French, French bookstore).

I'd never taken a look at a Jojo manga before, so of course I open it.

First page I stumble upon is the infamous "What a beautiful Duwang... Chew" panel.

I'm being haunted by Jojo memes IRL guys, help me.

lol. Comparing an entire season of character development to 3 episodes.

I just hope that Josuke's posse isn't as criminally underused as Jotaro's. Poor Kakyoin.

Top Bottom