• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Okuyasu's VA sounds a little too old now that I've heard it a bunch.

The animation for (stand name spoiler that appears in this week's episode)
Red Hot Chilli Pepper
was off the chain.

Matsukaze

Episode felt noticeably slower this week but that wasn't a surprise if you've read the manga. Still enjoyable, no doubt.

Thoughts on the episode:
Papa Nijimura was animated to perfection. Super gross, just like he should be.

In my mind, I see Red Hot Chili Pepper as being smaller than how it actually appeared in the episode. I guess I wasn't remembering correctly. The electricity effect was nicely done. I loved Jotaro's nonchalant attitude towards having his life threatened over the phone. "Gee, that guy's a vicious little thing. Time for a nice cup of tea."

The very last segment was super fun and Okuyasu's VA did a good job nailing the tone of "We're buddies now!"

Next week's episode is going to be a lot of fun (then again, that could be said for every episode lol). Those of you who like Koichi are in for a treat, obviously.

FluxWaveZ

I was thinking that Okuyasu's big brother would have thought about the person who had killed Dio as his go-to for a Stand user to kill his father, which would be Jotaro.

I guess the dad's maybe even "more" immortal because he's not a vampire vulnerable to sunlight.

Tizoc

Well with this episode's conclusion we, it is pretty easy to see that the real bro of this Part is Okuyasu.
So you can take your Kuichi and Jusuke shippings and toss them in the trash bin people :V

PK Gaming

The episode was better/more emotional than in the manga. I can't say I really cared about Okuyasa's bro at all, and
his death outright came across as comedic
. The anime does a much better job of making us care about him and their father, and the music and visuals do a better job of selling Keicho's despair.

Sh6KVqI.png

Hmm...

Madao

retroactively, you can see what fate awaited Kakyoin and Polnareff if they never got DIO's flesh buds off them before killing DIO.

also, is Okuyasu living with his dad Shawn of the Dead style now?

In today's episode we learn that Dio's dickery being the cause of everything bad happening to the Joestars (either directly or indirectly) transcends even death

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What the actual fuck?
You can't trademark the word 'Echoes'. Its too generic, nobody owns that.
Pink Floyd don't own the dictionary.

What the hell are CR doing at this point?

It's not really a CR thing, Reverb is the English localization's name for Koichi's Stand. It was the same for All-Star Battle.

Tizoc

So how the hell did DIO even meet Nijimura Senior? What did he take a trip to Japan, tell Nijimura "here's money, be my slave and inside man in Japan" and then he got the bud?
Ah well not worth thinking too much about it.

Madao

So how the hell did DIO even meet Nijimura Senior? What did he take a trip to Japan, tell Nijimura "here's money, be my slave and inside man in Japan" and then he got the bud?
Ah well not worth thinking too much about it.

DIO was touring the world for 4 years. his coffin was pulled from the sea in 1984 and SC happens in 1988.

Man how lazy this part of JoJo is just ripping off Persona 4

I know JoJo came first and Persona 3/4 was heavily inspired off jojo part 3/4

Madao

Man how lazy this part of JoJo is just ripping off Persona 4

I know JoJo came first and Persona 3/4 was heavily inspired off jojo part 3/4

the sad part is that there's people out there that will think that for real.

i haven't played any of those games so i can't comment.

Jaxec

DavidPro keeps hitting it out of the park for me. This episode went by so fast and I enjoyed every second of it. Red Hot Chilli Peppers looks amazing and I really liked the Nijimura brothers story. I also really love Keicho's character. Even though his father abused them, he still had the resolve to find a way to end his father's suffering. I always wondered why he didn't get Okuyasu to use the Hand on their father, but maybe it's because he didn't know where the void led to and didn't want to further add to his father's suffering. It's just a shame he ended up going down the wrong path to do so. Josuke keeps impressing me even more. He's my favorite of all the JoJo's and every episode he just becomes more likeable. The scene where he heads to the roof is just badass and had me hyped as hell. I've also come to love his voice. Ono is doing such a fantastic job voicing best JoJo. Looking forward to next week and my boy Koichi getting the spotlight.

The episode was better/more emotional than in the manga. I can't say I really cared about Okuyasa's bro at all, and
his death outright came across as comedic
. The anime does a much better job of making us care about him and their father, and the music and visuals do a better job of selling Keicho's despair.

Sh6KVqI.png

Hmm...

Well, I guess we can add this to yet another thing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has influenced in video games and other Japanese media. Jesus, the list keeps getting longer.

Tecl0n

Man, that photo stuff...

I have to say considering this arc was a 3 parter, i thought that Echoes Reverb would be 2 episodes.

Poor Koichi still doesn't have his egg next to him in the OP, maybe next week fam.

Also I love how everyone acknowledges that Josukes mom is super hot. Joseph had it going on.

Edit: Was that the "Who IN FACE are you?!" line when Jotaro was on the phone?
Reverb is a better name to be honest

wtfu.gif

Squishy3

Do we have a source for that?
There's no source, but considering the fact the movie is a complete ghost... Yeah. All that exists on the internet is that trailer I linked and the 16 minutes of footage some student did for a sound test in a class.

Best To Be Continued yet.

Best characterization, too. Okuyasu's brother went from cackling villain to sympathetic character at lightspeed, but it worked surprisingly well.

Also, everyone here was right. Okuyasu is clearly the best. Hearing that throat-full-of-gravel voice shouting all the classic japanese schoolboy lines at the end had me dying.

That VA deserves all the raises, incidentally.

Top Bottom