• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
JoJos-Bizarre-Adventure-Stardust-Crusaders-Jotaro-Kujo-Promotional-Video-Screenshot-02-600x325.jpg

Some of the Persona 1 and 2 Personas definitely have a humanoid Stand inspiration mixed with mythology going on. And Persona Q's promo material just has the P4 cast doing JoJo poses, so Atlus isn't even pretending there's no connection.

cntr

Banned
Some of the Persona 1 and 2 Personas definitely have a humanoid Stand inspiration mixed with mythology going on. And Persona Q's promo material just has the P4 cast doing JoJo poses, so Atlus isn't even pretending there's no connection.
Persona 1 was a coincidence, but they embraced the Jojo after Stardust Crusaders got big.

Well, Iwasaki was pissed over it being under and misused and threatened to never do an OST again. Pretty sure he did Gatchaman Crowds like the following season, so I guess he got over it.

It is a shame how fucking dull the color palette is for the OVA

Thats how I feel. The OVA is insanely well produced and animated but I feel like it fails as a JoJo product. Don't like the character designs. Don't like the voice acting. Don't like the style beyond being well made. David Pro's Stardust Crusaders is pretty much the opposite.

It is a shame how fucking dull the color palette is for the OVA

Thats how I feel. The OVA is insanely well produced and animated but I feel like it fails as a JoJo product. Don't like the character designs. Don't like the voice acting. Don't like the style beyond being well made. David Pro's Stardust Crusaders is pretty much the opposite.

Ditto on these. I like how certain elements are portrayed, particularly The World, but it generally just felt like a whole different product from what I read from the manga, and that's not exclusive to plot changes.

I think it's still interesting to watch though, particularly because of the animation and general direction while pretty damn different.

Squishy3

Ditto on these. I like how certain elements are portrayed, particularly The World, but it generally just felt like a whole different product from what I read from the manga, and that's not exclusive to plot changes.

I think it's still interesting to watch though, particularly because of the animation and general direction while pretty damn different.
Yeah. You can see why the kibosh was put on the Phantom Blood movie, although the color palette feels way more JoJo than the OVA.

This is the longest footage of it available anywhere, as far as I know.

And then this was the trailer.

Speedwagon was in the movie, apparently, but he gets defeated in Ogre Street and is never seen or heard of again.

Or at least the Jojo wikia thinks so.

Phantom Blood movie was never released on DVD or blu-ray because of the universally negative reception so we might never see it, which kinda sucks from a fanboy point of view.

I'm was surprised about the PB TV series' announcement because of that

Genryu

Banned
Dio comes back to steal Santa Claus' power of time, so the head of Jonathan, young Joseph, Jotaro, and Josuke must team up to stop him before he ruins Christmas

After saving Santa Claus, he uses his Stand 「Jingle Bell Rock」, and the JoJos are able to defeat DIO and save Christmas.

I just really want to hear a japanese Santa say "Jingle Bell Rock"

Dio comes back to steal Santa Claus' power of time, so the head of Jonathan, young Joseph, Jotaro, and Josuke must team up to stop him before he ruins Christmas
Santa: "How many people have you killed?"
Dio: "How many presents have you delivered in your life?"
Santa: *Shock*

Top Bottom