• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Squishy3

Best To Be Continued yet.

Best characterization, too. Okuyasu's brother went from cackling villain to sympathetic character at lightspeed, but it worked surprisingly well.

Also, everyone here was right. Okuyasu is clearly the best. Hearing that throat-full-of-gravel voice shouting all the classic japanese schoolboy lines at the end had me dying.

That VA deserves all the raises, incidentally.
Wataru Takagi is too good.

Also to keep up with the Persona 4 talk, the mystery Stand user's VA is Japanese Yosuke. :p

Too bad Worse Company didn't stand a chance against chili pepper. If only Koichi's Reverb could have done something against that chili pepper.

Dugna

Ohh hey yosuke has a stand in this :D, to bad its electricity instead of wind.

The ep was good like usual, I love how Jotaro is just like "Yeah whatever, how many are there of you? I want to get this over with already.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Slow episode for sure, but they did a good job animating Red Hot Chili Pepper. The story of the dad was sadder here than it was in the manga too.

Also, the phone call with Jotaro at the end was just the best lol

I only read the manga up until this point in the anime, so everything coming up will be new for me. That said, not knowing what Koichi's stand does, Echoes and Reverb are both fine names imo. Of course it'll depend on what the stand actually does.

Well that whole story with the father and songs and then the photo got to me. It was surprisingly emotional and well done they didnt even try to throw in some random comedy in it.
when the tears came over the photo and then older brother tried to make it seem like he didnt care for the younger one but then saved him eventually, I rewatched

Erigu

There's no source, but considering the fact the movie is a complete ghost... Yeah.
Not like there couldn't be other possible explanations. From what I've read, it seems more likely that Shūeisha didn't let A.P.P.P. commercialize further JoJo's Bizarre Adventure merchandise after the Quran thing came to light.

Ascheroth

hBgtc5r.jpg

It must be an enemy stand cutting onions.

It feels so good having literally no idea about this part anymore besides a couple of key events. I'd completely forgotten the Nijimura backstory.

Episode 5

That was a really sad episode. The Nijimura family's story and Keicho's death was much sadder here than in the manga. David Pro are so hitting it out of the park with both the anime and their transitions that I'm not going to mention it anymore unless they do something really crazy. Nice to finally see Red Hot Chili Pepper.

Great episode. Just a question for the people who've read the manga more recently than I did, how many chapter's did this cover?

TWILT

Banned
Was really impressed by this week's episode. Was a lot more emotional than the manga I felt (though the music probably helped). The feels hit hard man.

Really looking forward to the next couple episodes because the following arcs I remember being really good.

JulianImp

Ep5 was good... I kind of like how the bad guys so far aren't connected with some big bad, making things more episodic and giving them more varied motives than DIO-SAMA.

Dio's flesh bud backfiring and turning one of his servants into an undying pickle barely capable of thinking upon the former's death sure was a strange side-effect, though.

JulianImp

Don't forget about the STONE MASK in SOTN.

On top of time stop effects often inverting colors and Zephyr basically being Dio, complete with the main mechanic of the fight being that he can stop time as he screams 'toki yo tomare' and then proceeds to throw knives in several patterns that stay frozen in place until he lets time flow again. Oh, and you fight him while there's a clock tower in the background.

Soriku

Surprised no one posted the Persona 4 image.

victim_by_lady_n_gentleman-d8209xo.jpg

Anyway Dio has his claws in every part doesn't he. I didn't expect that super sad backstory at all.

Man Jotaro at the end is just so tired of this stand bullshit

Lol you had to laugh when he just picks up his tea and sits down "yare yare daze..."

Edit: Was that the "Who IN FACE are you?!" line when Jotaro was on the phone?

92b.png

Hahahahaha

Jigolo

Surprised no one posted the Persona 4 image.

victim_by_lady_n_gentleman-d8209xo.jg

Anyway Dio has his claws in every part doesn't he. I didn't expect that super sad backstory at all.

Lol you had to laugh when he just picks up his tea and sits down "yare yare daze..."

92b.ng

Hahahahaha
The image was posted in the last page

I'd argue in part 2 he is only barely there.

Still, he's literally the source directly or indirectly of the worst things to ever happen to every single Joestar so far.
-Killed George
-Everything about Jonathan's life (and death)
-His one remaining zombie killed George Jr leaving Joseph an orphan.
-The awakening of his stand caused Holly to almost die
-For Jotaro it was pretty much the entirety of Stardust Crusaders
-Josuke also almost died because of the awakening of Dio's stand, and then was indirectly responsible for Keicho getting the bow and arrow and that pretty much snowballing into the story of DiU and his grandfather's death

You should uh, spoiler stuff.

I'm not saying anything the anime hasn't. If you mean the Josuke part that's based on Jotaro commenting about Josuke getting really sick and almost dying as a child in the first episode and then realizing that that'd be around the time of part 3 and pretty much the same thing that was going on with Holly.

Top Bottom