• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

hW9WwRX.jpg

GSSQr9L.jpg

This is literally the only thing I'm referring to

Huh, thought they were going to get to Echoes this episode. Slowing down that much is going to make it tough to cram everything into 3 cours.

And I don't care how emotionally manipulative the show tried to make it, I still got no sympathy for Keicho. Even discounting the numerous people he killed, letting a serial killer child rapist roam free isn't cool. Death doesn't redeem him in my eyes.

Doc Az

Neo Member
And I don't care how emotionally manipulative the show tried to make it, I still got no sympathy for Keicho. Even discounting the numerous people he killed, letting a serial killer child rapist roam free isn't cool. Death doesn't redeem him in my eyes.

He's a child rapist? I thought he just killed a bunch of people with the arrow. Still shitty, but I don't recall that in any media, manga or otherwise.

Doc Az

Neo Member
I think cosmicblizzard's mixed up Keicho with Angelo.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. Angelo was a completely irredeemable piece of shit. At least Keicho was killing with reason, not because it got him off. Having said that, he did...uh, kinda let Angelo out on the loose.

I said letting him roam free, not that Keicho was him. Dude allowed Angelo to awaken his Stand, allowing him to escape. He didn't care about the kind of damage that would have done, he just wanted a way to kill his dad. If Angelo raped and killed 20 more kids, but was able to kill Nishimura dad, it would have all been worth it to Keicho.

Siegcram

I said letting him roam free, not that Keicho was him. Dude allowed Angelo to awaken his Stand, allowing him to escape. He didn't care about the kind of damage that would have done, he just wanted a way to kill his dad. If Angelo raped and killed 20 more kids, but was able to kill Nishimura dad, it would have all been worth it to Keicho.
Fucked up thing is that Okuyasu's Stand is one of the few that could actually do it.

I do like how it is never explained how Keicho got into Angelos cell. Not like BC helps with that.

This is one of those things where Araki clearly hadn't 100% nailed down what the Stand's power would be until the fight actually started. See also: Star Platinum being able to make objects appear in Jotaro's jail cell, Hierophant Green and the weird painting and marionette things, DIO using Hermit Purple to track the Joestars at the beginning (which later got explained in an artbook or guide as it being, uh, Jonathan's Stand??), or Hanged Man somehow creating an invisible umbrella when J. Geil attacked Polnareff's sister, even though it was a Stand made out of light that lived in reflections.

Fucked up thing is that Okuyasu's Stand is one of the few that could actually do it.

I've always wondered about that, and my best explanations are:

A) Okuyasu could never bring himself to try, and Keicho, despite his cruelty, could never force Okuyasu to do that.

B) Okuyasu doesn't know if objects hit by The Hand are destroyed or go someplace else ("Even I don't know where they end up!"). Given that he'd have to "scrape" away all of the dad and not leave any traces to regenerate, the Nijimura brothers might not have wanted to risk the possibility that their dad would still be alive but in some limbo forever.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm, people are more concerned on something is spoiler or not without even looking at the context (like that Josuke experience). I thought what I posted was pretty much wikipedia summary level and something that was thrown at you from the start. Meh.

Anyway, I thought Keicho made a point that he is irredeemable. And that the bros can't bring themselves to kill their own dad.

Tizoc

Bad Company were small enough to function as lock picks.
Keicho would use them to knock out any guards that would impede his approach to Angelo, unlock the door to his cell, shoot him with the arrow and then get out.

Remember that Angelo was struck by the arrow so while in shock from his stand awakening he could've just not seen how Angelo left the cell.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dio comes back to steal Santa Claus' power of time, so the head of Jonathan, young Joseph, Jotaro, and Josuke must team up to stop him before he ruins Christmas

This reminds me, I would love it if they actually animate that Jojo light novel, Jorge Joestar, which was about an alternative timeline's George Joestar II (Jonathan's Son). If I recall the plot synopsis right,
it actually had something like a non-evil Kars battling Dio on the Moon.

SalvaPot

This is one of those things where Araki clearly hadn't 100% nailed down what the Stand's power would be until the fight actually started. See also: Star Platinum being able to make objects appear in Jotaro's jail cell, Hierophant Green and the weird painting and marionette things, DIO using Hermit Purple to track the Joestars at the beginning (which later got explained in an artbook or guide as it being, uh, Jonathan's Stand??), or Hanged Man somehow creating an invisible umbrella when J. Geil attacked Polnareff's sister, even though it was a Stand made out of light that lived in reflections.

I've always wondered about that, and my best explanations are:

A) Okuyasu could never bring himself to try, and Keicho, despite his cruelty, could never force Okuyasu to do that.

B) Okuyasu doesn't know if objects hit by The Hand are destroyed or go someplace else ("Even I don't know where they end up!"). Given that he'd have to "scrape" away all of the dad and not leave any traces to regenerate, the Nijimura brothers might not have wanted to risk the possibility that their dad would still be alive but in some limbo forever.

My take on DIO's The World was that he had access to all of the Joestar's "primary" abilities (Joseph's Hermit Purple divination and Jotaro's Star Platinum Time Stop), so Jotaro from the very beginning could stop time but didn't realized until he was forced by DIO, and that if Jotaro actually tried, his power could be stronger.

But yeah, chances are Araki pretty much defined the rules as they came up, to make the fights as interesting as possible.

Pinewood

This reminds me, I would love it if they actually animate that Jojo light novel, Jorge Joestar, which was about an alternative timeline's George Joestar II (Jonathan's Son). If I recall the plot synopsis right,
it actually had something like a non-evil Kars battling Dio on the Moon.

NANI?!?
This sounds so cool

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ep.4
Damn, that was good. Keicho backstory is full of feel. He just want to end his dad suffering.
Show keeps on delivering great stuff.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I put that under Joseph being a hot-headed idiot.
He probably punched the camera the first time and never bothered to try not destroying it.

Yeah, i mean, he manage to hijack tv just fine without punching it, and other stuff too.
Or it's probably a way to show that Dio can control Hermit Purple better than Joseph... (big maybe!)

So Keicho gets killed by a stand that looks like a cross between a Zapdos and a Saibaman? I wonder if Jotaro fights this season, he seems so sick of this ludicrous stand shit. Oddly enough I immediately noticed that Keicho got the iconic Persona 4 death.

cntr

Banned
So Keicho gets killed by a stand that looks like a cross between a Zapdos and a Saibaman? I wonder if Jotaro fights this season, he seems so sick of this ludicrous stand shit. Oddly enough I immediately noticed that Keicho got the iconic Persona 4 death.
yellow colored Cell, but as a bird

Astral

Why didn't Keicho just kill Angelo after he saw he didn't have the stand he needed?

He probably couldn't be bothered to. All he cared about was finding a Stand that could kill his dad. If he didn't find it he'd move on. He wasn't gonna waste his time dealing with Angelo just because he was now a dangerous serial killer with a Stand. Keicho had already killed tons of people. I doubt he cared.

Thud

Cell went super saiyan and Gohan is studying dolphins.

Good grief.

"I just realized that your house is in front of mine!"

"Yeah that's a...shocking truth."

Are you for real right now Josuke? Fucking have some respeck.

Soriku

"I just realized that your house is in front of mine!"

"Yeah that's a...shocking truth."

Are you for real right now Josuke? Fucking have some respeck.

How big is this town anyway? It seems kind of goofy every time Josuke exclaims something is close to his house. Well this should be a small town, so everything is relatively close to your house...

Qurupeke

How big is this town anyway? It seems kind of goofy every time Josuke exclaims something is close to his house. Well this should be a small town, so everything is relatively close to your house...

It's not really big, but they haven't done anything far from Josuke's house.

Meffer

Don't know if this was mentioned but Persona also uses tarot cards to classify their Personas just like Part 3 did with theirs.

I don't think so, Sunlight didn't seem to have any effect on him.
As other people have said, the more obvious solution would just be to use the hand on him

That's a bad solution. Nobody knows what happens to the things that go in The Hand's void. It might not kill him.

Don't know if this was mentioned but Persona also uses tarot cards to classify their Personas just like Part 3 did with theirs.

You will be surprised how much of jojo you could find in persona. Think persona has enough of unique content to standalone but persona 4 is a somewhat inspired by this arc.

Yeah, Keicho wants his father to die. If The Hand just transports him to some void, they have no way of knowing if he dies, so there's no closure.

Plus he's in a room with a skylight, if the sun was gonna kill him it already would have.

ionitron

Huh, thought they were going to get to Echoes this episode. Slowing down that much is going to make it tough to cram everything into 3 cours.

Agreed to be honest. He's a total douchebag. On the other hand, I did like that he was consistent all the way through, and that he didn't go out saying "Sorry, Okuyasu" instead.

Top Bottom