• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Yep, The Hand's ability probably wouldn't work for killing the dad. He would just be sent somewhere else (where ever The Hand sends stuff) and would regenerate once again.

Is there any reason Crazy Diamond couldn't cure the dad?

The way Keicho said it was, like the dad is totally "healthy," he's just mutated now. It's like Deadpool or something, his entire body is weird vampire tumors. Asking if Crazy Diamond can "fix" that years after it happened would be tantamount to asking if he can de-age people like Alessi. Crazy Diamond does end up doing some really funky stuff with "restoration," but the Nijimura dad represents a weird situation where I don't think it'd work.

cntr

Banned
Crazy Diamond reverts things when they're broken or damaged. Njijimura Dad is "healthy" as Keicho says, so he doesn't count by Crazy Diamond's rules.

Edit: don't use your ninja powers grrr

Yeah, there's technically nothing "wrong" with the dad. He's been a gross mutant for like 10 years. It's pretty much become his natural state, his own automatic healing is likely better than Crazy D's ability since it makes him immortal and regrows new body parts. Plus, we've only seen Crazy Diamond fix things using the original parts, which it summons back together.

Huh, thought they were going to get to Echoes this episode. Slowing down that much is going to make it tough to cram everything into 3 cours.

And I don't care how emotionally manipulative the show tried to make it, I still got no sympathy for Keicho. Even discounting the numerous people he killed, letting a serial killer child rapist roam free isn't cool. Death doesn't redeem him in my eyes.

I don't think we were supposed to feel that bad for Keicho. Just realize that he wasn't straight up "lol I do this because evil is fun."

If Jousuke can someone reverse the state of the father, his Stand would then logically have the ability to revert someone to a fetus or something. So I doubt Josuke can fix the father.

Permanently A

David Pro is seriously doing an amazing job with this. I mean the animation is just so much better than Stardust Crusaders its unbelievable.

daevious

David Pro is seriously doing an amazing job with this. I mean the animation is just so much better than Stardust Crusaders its unbelievable.

If I had to give a reason why, I'd say it's because David Pro doesn't feel as pressured to stick to DiU's presentation and instead are trying to improve upon it.

PK Gaming

Just wanna point out that Crazy Diamond is just about the coolest power you can give to a shonen protagonist.

Like i'm so used to the main protagonist having (comparatively) boring powers, but Crazy Diamond is GURRETO daze.

cntr

Banned
Just wanna point out that Crazy Diamond is just about the coolest power you can give to a shonen protagonist.

Like i'm so used to the main protagonist having (comparatively) boring powers, but Crazy Diamond is GURRETO daze.
The Crusaders had boring powers in Part 3 'cause Stands were just starting out, and the original 4 were based on ESP powers.

Compare that to the Part 4 team starting off with Crazy Diamond, Star Platinum Time Stop Edition, The Hand. Heck, look at how much more interesting Aqua Necklace was compared with N'Doul/Geb.

Siegcram

I don't think it can. It doesn't completely destroy things, and their dad can regenerate from pretty much any damage.
Given how much space Okuyasu erased during his fight with Josuke, he would be perfectly capable of completely annihilating a humanoid body with a few swipes.

I mean it's all speculation, but I don't think there's any regenerating from the damage done by Cream or The Hand.
Compare that to the Part 4 team starting off with Crazy Diamond, Star Platinum Time Stop Edition, The Hand. Heck, look at how much more interesting Aqua Necklace was compared with N'Doul/Geb.
Having a water-based Stand in the desert is a pretty tough gig though.

Punch Ghost + Healing Factor. Feels kind of unfair to Star Platinum pre-time stop.

Given how much space Okuyasu erased during his fight with Josuke, he would be perfectly capable of completely annihilating a humanoid body with a few swipes.

Can you link a source that states things swiped away by The Hand are destroyed? Because at this point in time there's nothing to suggest they are. Okuyasu states "even I dont know what happens to them".

Siegcram

Can you link a source that states things swiped away by The Hand are destroyed? Because at this point in time there's nothing to suggest they are. Okuyasu states "even I dont know what happens to them".
I didn't say "destroyed". We do know things touched by Cream and The Hand get ripped into another dimension and cease to exist in the normal reality. Which, presumably, given the Hand's insane speed would work on the entirety of the father's body.

Whether or not he could regenerate in the alternate dimension is another question with no canonical answer.

PokéKong

Yeah, there's technically nothing "wrong" with the dad. He's been a gross mutant for like 10 years. It's pretty much become his natural state, his own automatic healing is likely better than Crazy D's ability since it makes him immortal and regrows new body parts. Plus, we've only seen Crazy Diamond fix things using the original parts, which it summons back together.

The definition of "repairing" things is wildly stretched from the very first time the stand is introduced. The bully's face, Jotaro's hat, the Angelo rock... Crazy Diamond can seem to punch things and reconfigure them to its will. I don't think they ever state any rule about a time limit. It would be an extreme case to reverse such a complicated and overpowering condition of his whole body, but it certainly makes sense for Josuke to at least try.

PokéKong;202353203 said:
The definition of "repairing" things is wildly stretched from the very first time the stand is introduced. The bully's face, Jotaro's hat, the Angelo rock... Crazy Diamond can seem to punch things and reconfigure them to its will. I don't think they ever state any rule about a time limit. It would be an extreme case to reverse such a complicated and overpowering condition of his whole body, but it certainly makes sense for Josuke to at least try.

In which case he should be able to "repair" people back to fetuses.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yea in most cases jouske Hasent used his powers to fixed anything, just change their very properties, I think the deal with the dad is that it'd been atleast more than 10 years since he transformed, and he would inherently have different features to his body in that time,especially if he was already on the older side already, so it's arguable if he could change him "back" to say what he looks like in the picture.

Dennis

Banned

dioaintgotshitonellenbaker.jpg

nynt9

PokéKong;202353203 said:

I think if there's anything the series has taught us it's that any power will be used to its most ridiculous logical extent at some point. I mean, part 3 Jotaro's power was "is really fast" and that ramped up to "so fast he can stop time"

PK Gaming

Re: Crazy Diamond

NBhxt2Z.png

So it can't "repair" someone back into being a fetus, since adults aren't "broken." Same with Keicho's dad since his body is fucked up but not broken (and iirc it was explicitly stated to not heal people who are sick with a disease).

His power works by scraping things away, not completely annihilating them. It's like cutting a piece of paper with a pair of scissors. No matter how many times you cut something, a part will be left over (and then the remaining parts stick together). Even if you cut a huge chunk, a tiny piece will always be left. And presumably his father was capable of regenerating from even the tiniest piece left over.

Doubt Araki gave it much thought though.

nynt9

Re: Crazy Diamond

NBhxt2Z.png

So it can't "repair" someone back into being a fetus, since adults aren't "broken." Same with Keicho's dad since his body is fucked up but not broken (and iirc it was explicitly stated to not heal people who are sick with a disease).

His power works by scraping things away, not completely annihilating them. It's like cutting a piece of paper with a pair of scissors. No matter how many times you cut something, a part will be left over (and then the remaining parts stick together). Even if you cut a huge chunk, a tiny piece will always be left. And presumably his father was capable of regenerating from even the tiniest piece left over.

I assume that The Hand just transports whatever it swipes to an alternate dimension. So for all they know the dad will be sent to some other dimension to suffer forever as some troglodyte thing. Which wouldn't be all that comforting. Actually seeing him die or be healed would give them closure.

Siegcram

The aspect of things stitching back together is wildly inconsistent and it's debatable a) how it works at all and b) if Okuyasu can choose as to have it happen or not (although in his case that would probably be unconsciously). A later fight illustrates what I mean, but I don't want to get too spoilery.

Anyway, we probably have given this more thought than Araki at this point.

Zocano

Rewatched Part 2 and the last couple episodes of Part 3.

Man, what a bummer Part 3 was. Dio's defeat was a bummer back then and still a big wet fart now. Just felt too "oh, we're out of time, guess he has to die now". Part 2 was just so well done with the music and editing and, even though I didn't care about Cars as a villain, everything still comes together so well at the end. Part 3 just kind of loses steam right at the end and DIo's defeat just isn't satisfactory in any way. It's a shame too because the rest of the fight is great, but, nah, guess this time the punch kills him and not the other 20 times. And as silly as a ROAD ROLLA is, it just isn't as... cool? as Either Part 1 or Part 2's final fights are. That's not even getting into how I just don't like Part 3 as a whole and don't like how it's basically Filler: The Arc.

Also it's kind of a bummer they didn't have OP4 transition into the actual episode from ZA WARUDO. Woulda been super hype for the last episode to do that.

Rewatched Part 2 and the last couple episodes of Part 3.

Man, what a bummer Part 3 was. Dio's defeat was a bummer back then and still a big wet fart now. Just felt too "oh, we're out of time, guess he has to die now". Part 2 was just so well done with the music and editing and, even though I didn't care about Cars as a villain, everything still comes together so well at the end. Part 3 just kind of loses steam right at the end and DIo's defeat just isn't satisfactory in any way. It's a shame too because the rest of the fight is great, but, nah, guess this time the punch kills him and not the other 20 times. And as silly as a ROAD ROLLA is, it just isn't as... cool? as Either Part 1 or Part 2's final fights are. That's not even getting into how I just don't like Part 3 as a whole and don't like how it's basically Filler: The Arc.

Also it's kind of a bummer they didn't have OP4 transition into the actual episode from ZA WARUDO. Woulda been super hype for the last episode to do that.

I could've sworn Dio only died because of the sunlight though? Granted, it's been a while since I read part 3

Top Bottom