• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Kthulhu

I'd argue Dio got lucky that Johnathan was sentimental about him. If he wasn't he'd be rippled up as a head.

It does make me wonder if vampire Dio is better than vampire Straights, or if Straights is better.

Straights was beaten by Joseph when he was an amateur Hamon user. I'd say DIO was better.

Nottle

Straights was beaten by Joseph when he was an amateur Hamon user. I'd say DIO was better.
Dio was beaten in the Joestar mansion when Johnathan didn't even know ripple. Granted he came back thanks to Wang Chun. But the fights that Dio and Straights lost were both them freshly transformed.

I think if Straights had more time like Dio had he could do some more impressive stuff.

Dio is just too cunning and lucky compared to Straights, but Dio is also arrogant.

Pinewood

Dio was beaten in the Joestar mansion when Johnathan didn't even know ripple. Granted he came back thanks to Wang Chun. But the fights that Dio and Straights lost were both them freshly transformed.

I think if Straights had more time like Dio had he could do some more impressive stuff.

Dio is just too cunning and lucky compared to Straights, but Dio is also arrogant.

"When Dio was just transformed"

Straizo knew Dios powers and had time to explore those vs "Im a vampire now, gome get sum Johnny boy"

I think if there's anything the series has taught us it's that any power will be used to its most ridiculous logical extent at some point. I mean, part 3 Jotaro's power was "is really fast" and that ramped up to "so fast he can stop time"

What?

I don't think that's what happened at all. Jotaro's stand was slower than other stands. His time stop isn't ever described as him simply moving so fast that time around him slows. It is literally depicted as a localized time stop by a color changed radius "globe" of effect.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Star Platinum is really fast, it even has an A rank in speed on its Stand chart. (The C rank is in range).

latest
The whole point of the D'Arby fight is that Star Platinum is so fast that it freaks out D'Arby and causes him to have a mental breakdown after Jotaro's bluff.

Star Platinum is really fast, it even has an A rank in speed on its Stand chart. (The C rank is in range).

The whole point of the D'Arby fight is that Star Platinum is so fast that it freaks out D'Arby and causes him to have a mental breakdown after Jotaro's bluff.

Yes, but his time stop ability is never implied to be "moving so fast it just looks like time is frozen". And I really don't think that the time stop is an extension of "being fast".

Jotaro notes that Crazy Diamond is just as strong and fast (or maybe even better) than Star Platinum. Does Jotaro get a time stop too? I doubt it. Because time stop is a separate power than "be fast".

I thought the Tower of Gray and Silver Chariot were faster?

They are.

ZA WARUDO was Jonathan's stand, Star Platinum is basically the refined version of that prototype.

I'v never thought of it being more complex than that. Araki really hadn't thought Stands out all that much by part 3, to begin with.

Welfare

ZA WARUDO was Jonathan's stand, Star Platinum is basically the refined version of that prototype.

I'v never thought of it being more complex than that. Araki really hadn't thought Stands out all that much by part 3, to begin with.

If anything, Not Hermit Purple was Jonathon's. Makes sense for a Ripple user to have HP and not a punch ghost that stops time.

The stands Joseph and Jotaro get makes sense as a counter to DIO/Za Warudo because of Jonathon's body sending a warning to his descendants. HP for DIO's vampirism and SP for Za Warudo.

Yonafunu

JOJO A GO!GO! implies the Hermit Purple-like Stand is in fact Jonathan's, IIRC. Which in turn would make Over Heaven non-canon.

Permanently A

That shit is whack

nah son

The 36 Kars living on Mars are presumably the 36 souls of sinners that DIO required for his plan to reach Heaven. When Jorge draws a picture of Kars on his stomach, they form a bridge to reach the Dio described below.

The DIO of Part 3 was not the real Dio Brando; Phantom Blood Dio Brando becomes the Ultimate Life Form and merges with the 36 versions of [PART 7 SPOILER REDACTED] to become a monster. This Dio gained the Stand "The Passion", which resembles Jesus Christ; The Passion allows Dio the ability to predict his opponent's attacks.

I can't even post the worst of it because its all future part spoilers

Magwik

Banned
The DIO of Part 3 was not the real Dio Brando; Phantom Blood Dio Brando becomes the Ultimate Life Form and merges with the 36 versions of [PART 7 SPOILER REDACTED] to become a monster. This Dio gained the Stand "The Passion", which resembles Jesus Christ; The Passion allows Dio the ability to predict his opponent's attacks.
The
Fuck

Yonafunu

Talking about Jorge Joestar will inevitably lead to future part talk, so let's not get too into it.

But it's fucking insane.

lordmrw

The 36 Kars living on Mars are presumably the 36 souls of sinners that DIO required for his plan to reach Heaven. When Jorge draws a picture of Kars on his stomach, they form a bridge to reach the Dio described below.

What in the fuck did I just read

PK Gaming

Jorge Joestar is like the over the top facetious fanfiction you'd find on the net, but without a shred of irony (Jorge straight up refers to Kars as "Kars-senpai.)

It almost reads like a dc comic book
with all those continuities.

"The 36 Kars living on Mars are presumably the 36 souls of sinners that DIO required for his plan to reach Heaven. When Jorge draws a picture of Kars on his stomach, they form a bridge to reach the Dio described below.

The DIO of Part 3 was not the real Dio Brando; Phantom Blood Dio Brando becomes the Ultimate Life Form and merges with the 36 versions of [PART 7 SPOILER REDACTED] to become a monster. This Dio gained the Stand "The Passion", which resembles Jesus Christ; The Passion allows Dio the ability to predict his opponent's attacks."

10114504.jpg

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone's posting about the spoilerific Jorge Joestar and no one's posted the memorable non-spoiler example of the "high quality artwork" that accompanies it.

Lg48tuk.jpg

jojo and published fanfiction are two ingredients of a milkshake i fear to consume but endows me with a mouth watering insatiable hunger

Kthulhu

Of course, that helps.

Don't forget it reveals he's a even bigger douchebag due to him thinking she deserved to die and regretting killing his dad.

Not to mention he considers reacruting Jotaro by lieing about knowing how to cure his mom.

Or when he considers becoming best friends with older Darby, but hates him 'Cuz he's greedy.

nah son

I can't even post the worst of it because its all future part spoilers

Did Araki just say "Fuck it, let's combine every part of Jojo" when he wrote that?

jojo and published fanfiction are two ingredients of a milkshake i fear to consume but endows me with a mouth watering insatiable hunger

Clamp is partially famous for making a Jojo yaoi doujin featuring JotaroxKakyoin

Top Bottom