• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
itsfridaynyjrw.gif

Skrams

I really hope that sound of echoes walking doesn't happen again. I don't need those gross slime noises happening ever again.

I'm also way too excited to see how the shrinkage effect may or may not be a thing in play with these upcoming episodes.

Matsukaze

Another episode animated to perfection. DavidPro keeps winning.

Tamami's VA did a fantastic job making him sound like the total slimeball he is. I love how they presented Echoes and its sound effects; watching Tamami become overpowered like that was great, and Koichi only gets better from here on out.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Disappointed that the OP
didn't include the egg

I ended up enjoying this fight more than I did in the manga, so I'm sort of surprised. The part where
Koichi becomes a super saiyan
was great.

Also lol at next week's name change,
"Show Off"

Jaxec

My boy Koichi! Great episode and the visuals were off the hook. Damn David is going hard at this. I could only imagine what's in store for the top tier battles in this part.

D-Man

Another greato daze episode yet again. I'm happy to finally see Super Saiyan Koichi in effect.

But did they really have to change (next episode's Stand name spoiler)
Surface
to
Show-off
? ASB didn't have any issue with the original name IIRC.

Another thing I loved with this episode is the pacing which was way faster than the Nijimura's brothers part. Reverb was only a episode to show Koichi's stand, nothing else, but it was actually five chapters long in the manga (remember that most of the 2-parts fighting in Stardust Crusaders were 6 chapters long)

If they manage to handle the pacing so well for the rest of the part, I think Diamond is Unbreakable will outclass Stardust Crusaders by a wide margin. Anyway glad they learned from their mistakes.

Jaxec

Another thing I loved with this episode is the pacing which was way faster than the Nijimura's brothers part. Reverb was only a episode to show Koichi's stand, nothing else, but it was actually five chapters long in the manga (remember that most of the 2-parts fighting in Stardust Crusaders were 6 chapters long)

If they manage to handle the pacing so well for the rest of the part, I think Diamond is Unbreakable will outclass Stardust Crusaders by a wide margin. Anyway glad they learned from their mistakes.

I loved Stardust Crusaders, but I think Diamond is Unbreakable in just six episodes has blown it away. The pacing is much better and it has so much more style. I feel DavidPro played it too safe with some of the visuals and color choices in part 3, but with part 4 they've taken more risks and it just comes off looking better.

I loved Stardust Crusaders, but I think Diamond is Unbreakable in just six episodes has blown it away. The pacing is much better and it has so much more style. I feel DavidPro played it too safe with some of the visuals and color choices in part 3, but with part 4 they've taken more risks and it just comes off looking better.

Yeah you're right, Stardust feels almost bland after that.

But the Rero Rero was amazing so it's still an amazing anime

This episode was fantastic and cements this 4th part as my favorite Jojo part so far. Also, the character of Koichi really grew in my eyes from being a simple earnest naive but courageous wimp into a legit threat with some attitude. I actually really like his characterization and his power is pretty fantastic. I'm glad I'm waiting to experience this first in anime form.

Ascheroth

It has been said already, but DavidPro just keeps killing it. This is so far above Stardust Crusaders in basically every single aspect it's not even funny.
Loved Koichis stand and how they handled it.

Ahahaha, he kept the hair. Good, good.

These stands are getting seriously fun. I was trying to reason out what Echoes' ability would be, but I only got the obvious (probably uses sound somehow).

convo

I am fucking ecstatic at the use of sound this episode, they did Koichi's stand justice. I loved the effect when the mother was in trance from the echoing sound.

Madao

i was thinking Josuke would bail out Koichi by the end but it was refreshing to see Koichi handle the whole fight by himself.

Welfare

Fantastic episode. This (and future moments) are when I sorta miss Koichi's blonde hair from the colored manga. It's basically Teen Gohan with Imperfect Cell as his stand.

convo

What's the deal with Araki and animal cruelty? This shit happens way too much on JoJo.

He doesn't hate animals necessarily, he himself said he draws scenes of dogs getting killed because he likes them and knows the sadness when people see them getting hurt. It usually is a villain who does the abuse and you hope he dies for it.

You got to appreciate how part 4 has stands that are a lot more varied. The Lock is a pretty shitty stand all things considered, given it only works if the person feels guilty towards the user, and if the guilt fades the lock comes undone. It'd be utterly useless on people who don't give a fuck like Dio, or people smart enough to not be conned like Josuke or Jotaro. And even Koichi's stand is pretty unimpressive and required a lot of resourcefulness
at least when it's in act 1.

And this is only the beginning for interesting stands with unique executions

jett

D-Member
I guess that makes sense in a twisted sort of way. But I don't really like seeing that sort of thing either way.

did you not watch the episode.

lol should've watched the whole thing before saying anything... My point stands though.

Yeah an interesting thing about Part 4 is that you can get fights like The Lock because The Lock isn't actually a super dangerous life threatening Stand. If he tried it on Jotaro he'd just get his head caved in but Koichi is way more naive and gentle. Not every fight is a deathmatch between the good guy and the evil guy, some fights are just a struggle between a slimy piece of shit and the good guy.

LOL I thought I would like the episode only cause it was Koichi focused and he got a hot upgrade but it was actually really well written and actually really emotional and funny. His family is great and then his whole calm good kid demeanor being challenged by such a rotten guy was perfect. The resolution too was amazing even with the moms fantastic line. I kind of teared up at it, why cant there be more parents like her in anime.
ChzDcAKXAAAz9ie.jpg
ChzDxyMXAAA1t-r.jpg

Great episode.His eyes really go well with all the green and green aura. Then his serious face, how could they think he was serious when he seemed more adorable looking like that.
ChzEzTmWwAESQpl.jpg

Eumi

We got weaponised sound effects. JoJo has become self aware, everybody pray, judgement day is upon us.

For real, if they made The Lock this awesome, the villain who shall not be named will literally be the greatest villain of all time. And so will that other villain to be honest. And that hero? Like, just, a lot of good shits on the way.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, so that's his stand, huh. So far, it seems more like it'd be annoying rather than actually being that useful. Coolest part about it is that it makes Koichi a super saiyan.

That was a really bizarre and unorthodox "battle," with two stands that don't seem particularly suited for that. It was neat.

Top Bottom