• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Anyone else who instantly was reminded of
hqdefault.jpg

?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, wasn't happy with Tamami being small from the get go---though even in the manga he was shorter than Josuke and Okuyasu, he was far more intimidating originally. Watching the show was weird when he's shorter than Koichi right off the bat and threatening the guys as if he could actually take them on.

cntr

Banned
I miss the changing heights joke, but he works better as a slimeball shitheel than acting like he's intimidating

Astral

So his personality completely changes every time he summons Echo?

I wouldn't say that. Up until now we don't really get to see much of Koichi's personality besides being a nice kid. Now is when we'll start to see just how much he's willing to give it his all to protect what he cares about, be it his friends, family, or his town.

NEO0MJ

Something that they sadly didn't do (which is a shame since they did the same with Iggy's changing from ugly dog to weird person dog) is that Tamami's appearance changes from the beginning of his appearance to the end of the fight.

n5JbKRQ.png

8SBFM1V.png

Koichi beat him so hard that he shrank.

(This also happens with another villain, who goes from Josuke height to Koichi height, but there it was separated by a lot of chapters to the point that if you forgot his name you'd be like, "Who is this guy???")

I completely forgot about this.

Siegcram

I wouldn't say that. Up until now we don't really get to see much of Koichi's personality besides being a nice kid. Now is when we'll start to see just how much he's willing to give it his all to protect what he cares about, be it his friends, family, or his town.
Yeah, his personality is consistent. It's his hair that does whatever the fuck it wants

Nottle

He is basically kid Gohan from DBZ. Good natured and gentle, but with so much promise and power when he needs to get something done. He is basically the ultimate sidekick. Maybe one of my favorite Jojo characters because of that.

petran79

Banned
Something that they sadly didn't do (which is a shame since they did the same with Iggy's changing from ugly dog to weird person dog) is that Tamami's appearance changes from the beginning of his appearance to the end of the fight.

saving animation costs

Blues1990

I'm trying to figure out what Koichi's stand, ECHOES, does. Like, it creates different sound effects but can't cause physical harm?

Akainu

Aww man just started the episode and already disappointed that they cut the thing with koichi stealing peoples height. :/

Matsukaze

I just finished watching the new episode, & I'm still pretty confused.
There's a lot more to Echoes than what its debut episode shows. Its powers are better showcased down the line.

For now, yes, it creates sound effects that affix themselves to physical matter, which helps alter people's perceptions (like inspiring Mama Hirose or screwing with Tamami's head) depending on what's being attached.

There's a lot more to Echoes than what its debut episode shows. Its powers are better showcased down the line.

For now, yes, it creates sound effects that affix themselves to physical matter, which helps alter people's perceptions (like inspiring Mama Hirose or screwing with Tamami's head) depending on what's being attached.
So in theory Echoes could suggest that a person commits suicide?

Echoes uses the katakana for the sounds it makes and prints it on something, from a wall to flesh. That sound then continues and increases in volume.

It can also be used to transfer words, or something similar. Echoes can do more but Koichi literally just got it.

Blues1990

Echoes uses the katakana for the sounds it makes and prints it on something, from a wall to flesh. That sound then continues and increases in volume.

It can also be used to transfer words, or something similar. Echoes can do more but Koichi literally just got it.

That actually sounds terrifying.

Comes to show that you can do a lot with a little, especially with how some of the Stand users (at least the ones that have been shown in Part 3 & 4) can do some terrifying things with their more "simpler" abilities.

convo

That actually sounds terrifying.

Comes to show that you can do a lot with a little, especially with how some of the Stand users (at least the ones that have been shown in Part 3 & 4) can do some terrifying things with their more "simpler" abilities.

Araki gets pretty good at that. Stand users are fucking mad men and whatever unbelievable nonsense ideas they put into action with their Stand powers would stomp the shit out of let's say the equivalent X-men dude with a similiar power.

It isn't just Katakana. Someone in this thread was mistaken. Most sound effects are written in katakana, but his "信じて" was kanji and hiragana.

I had fears they were going to struggle with fitting this arc with the amount of time spent on bad company but they did a great job on today's episode. Was a great adaptation of the manga chapter and hit all the highpoints perfectly. I just released how consistently good each episode is going to be in terms of content. Has very few low points in contrast to part 3 which had a rough bit here and there.

Siegcram

Araki gets pretty good at that. Stand users are fucking mad men and whatever unbelievable nonsense ideas they put into action with their Stand powers would stomp the shit out of let's say the equivalent X-men dude with a similiar power.
If Araki was put in charge of the X-Men for a month, Marvel would be fucking over.

Nottle

If Araki was put in charge of the X-Men for a month, Marvel would be fucking over.
I really wish capcom could have made a Jojo cross Xmen game back in the 90's. Maybe some Mugen guy will hack together a Xmen Vs Jojo game and make characters that go beyond part 3.

Fandangox

I just finished watching the new episode, & I'm still pretty confused.

It creates sounds that only the people that have been attached by the letters by Echoes can hear. The stand's power also have other properties, they will be shown off as the story progresses.

cntr

Banned
So his personality completely changes every time he summons Echo?

Stands are based on your personality/spirit, but you need to have a "fighting spirit", literally. Holly got ill because though she had the will to withstand the illness, she's not the type to fight with others.

The arrow makes the same kind of judgement when it pieces someone, then gives them an accelerated version of the Stand fever. Koichi was supposed to die, but Josuke bent the rules with Crazy Diamond.

Koichi became a stand user, but without a fighting spirit. So he got an egg. His personality permanently changed when Tamami tried to screw with him, and so the egg hatched into Echoes.

Stands are based on your personality/spirit, but you need to have a "fighting spirit", literally. Holly got ill because though she had the will to withstand the illness, she's not the type to fight with others.

The arrow makes the same kind of judgement when it pieces someone, then gives them an accelerated version of the Stand fever. Koichi was supposed to die, but Josuke bent the rules with Crazy Diamond.

Koichi became a stand user, but without a fighting spirit. So he got an egg. His personality permanently changed when Tamami tried to screw with him, and so the egg hatched into Echoes.
So pretty much Koichi wasn't hot blooded enough to have a stand and would've died, but Josuke broke the rules, thus creating the egg, which would hatch when Koichi finally unlocks a hot blooded mode. And Koichi's hot blooded mode is smug as fuck?

cntr

Banned
Yup.

Edit: Incidentally, Part 4's "mundane" setting means most characters are random eccentric people, not assassins. So Part 4 stands reflect personal things compared to the other parts.

The Hand has blinkers on his face because Okuyasu is dumb, The Lock makes people feel guilty because Tamami is a conman, Koichi's stand grows with him.

Top Bottom