• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Hey guys what's going on in this thr

tM1PVId.gif

Look at how fucking butchered the Duwang cast is in Jorge Joestar rofl.
tumblr_mtaqy1Limo1rs4ezbo1_r1_500.jpg

The author must really hate part 4 considering that Okuyasu and Koichi were replaced with these... things

Zubz

Banned
Look at how fucking butchered the Duwang cast is in Jorge Joestar rofl.
tumblr_mtaqy1Limo1rs4ezbo1_r1_500.jpg

The author must really hate part 4 considering that Okuyasu and Koichi were replaced with these... things

I never actually read Jorge Joestar, so this is my first time seeing Okuyasu from that universe. Is his hair supposed to be pointing forward like a pompadour, or along the sides of his head like the King of All Cosmos?

I never actually read Jorge Joestar, so this is my first time seeing Okuyasu from that universe. Is his hair supposed to be pointing forward like a pompadour, or along the sides of his head like the King of All Cosmos?

Alt Keicho is apparently the westaboo looking guy in the photo, so I'm assuming it's the Katamari dude

Alt Keicho is apparently the westaboo looking guy in the photo, so I'm assuming it's the Katamari dude
Scratch that, the fat guy is actually alt Okuyasu's stand
"Fukashigi Nijimura - Alternative universe Keicho Nijimura. Stand is named "NYPD Blue" that takes the form of a reliable 30-year old cop from New York."

Everyone's posting about the spoilerific Jorge Joestar and no one's posted the memorable non-spoiler example of the "high quality artwork" that accompanies it.

Lg48tuk.jpg
Why does Cars have pecs like Optimus Prime?
Scratch that, the fat guy is actually alt Okuyasu's stand
"Fukashigi Nijimura - Alternative universe Keicho Nijimura. Stand is named "NYPD Blue" that takes the form of a reliable 30-year old cop from New York."
His stand looks a bit like Dennis Franz.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Muryotaisu Nijimura - Alternative universe Okuyasu Nijimura. Stand is named "Grand Bleu" which summons three somewhat disobediant dolphins named Jack, Enzo, and Joanna. They can swim at fast speeds.

who in the face...

All the Stands in the novel are named after movies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The best. Araki truly outdid himself when drawing for Jorge Joestar.

Unfortunately, this one is by the author, Otaro Maijo. Araki only draw the cover for this one.
You can check the author illustration for Jorge Joestar in these link.
http://j-books.shueisha.co.jp/pickup/vsjojo/maijo/01/ (WARNING, THERE'S SPOILER FROM FUTURE PART)

So yes, not only the author wrote 750++ pages of pure insanity, he also include his own illustration in it. And there's a lot of illustration.

Unfortunately, this one is by the author, Otaro Maijo. Araki only draw the cover for this one.
http://j-books.shueisha.co.jp/pickup/vsjojo/maijo/01/ (WARNING, THERE'S SPOILER FROM FUTURE PART)

So yes, not only the author wrote 750++ pages of pure insanity, he also include his own illustration in it. And there's a lot of illustration.

Really? I didn't know that. I knew that Araki did illustrations for it, so I assumed he was responsible for the wonderful pieces of art that graced Jorge Joestar (I also assumed Araki didn't put much effort into them; they reminded me of the end of chapter scribbles he sometimes puts in the manga, and I thought they just used his scribbles to illustrate the masterpiece that is Jorge Joestar.) I didn't know the author was the one to do them.

Erigu

Araki truly outdid himself when drawing for Jorge Joestar.
You're probably joking, but just in case: that's not Araki.

EDIT (didn't see there was another page):
Really? I didn't know that.
... Well, there you go.

I knew that Araki did illustrations for it, so I assumed he was responsible for the wonderful pieces of art that graced Jorge Joestar
Only the cover, I believe?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Better as in more powerful? Id go with Dio just because he was that much more cocky

Straights was actually cockier I think. He said Dio was playing around rather than getting things straight.

Keicho mentions in episode 3 Dio's belief that the Stands of evil people are stronger. I assume the same applies to vampires and zombies, like Tarkus and Bruford vs. every other zombie.

So Dio is "more powerful", since Straizo had weird motivations.

What was Straights' motivation anyway? I keep hearing that "he's hardening Joseph to fight the Pillar Men" but I never got that.

Straights was beaten by Joseph when he was an amateur Hamon user. I'd say DIO was better.

Huh, pretty sure he wasn't. In fact I think Straights outright committed suicide?

cntr

Banned
What was Straights' motivation anyway? I keep hearing that "he's hardening Joseph to fight the Pillar Men" but I never got that.
His motivation was "I don't want to look old." The guy's like 90 years old.

Huh, pretty sure he wasn't. In fact I think Straights outright committed suicide?
He committed suicide, but he was already Rippled at that point

I sometimes wonder if that was Araki setting up Kars using Hamon, though

NEO0MJ

Straight's desire was to stay young forever. If I remember right he said the only reason he joined the ripple gang was for the benefits it had on the body.

And yeah he committed suicide by charging his body with ripple energy but if I remember right Joseph had him on the ropes.

Goodness. I've been waiting to read Jorge Joestar, but flipping through these illustrations might just tip my curiosity over the edge. This looks like pure madness.

wwm0nkey

That art... is not good

Boss Doggie

This is the most anyone has ever talked about Straits.

Better than Santana I suppose.

His motivation was "I don't want to look old." The guy's like 90 years old.

He committed suicide, but he was already Rippled at that point

I sometimes wonder if that was Araki setting up Kars using Hamon, though
Straight's desire was to stay young forever. If I remember right he said the only reason he joined the ripple gang was for the benefits it had on the body.

And yeah he committed suicide by charging his body with ripple energy but if I remember right Joseph had him on the ropes.

I thought Joseph was hanging for dear life, then he mentioned to Joseph that he can't beat the Pillar Men if his skills were like that.

Fuck, this just makes me want to read and watch 2 again.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
If only Straits had died in Phantom Blood instead of Dire. Joseph could have learned a technique truly perfect in both attack and defense.

Boss Doggie

So if it was Dire who lived, it makes you wonder how Battle Tendency would have ended. Since it was Straights who taught Lisa Lisa after all.

Also people are apparently associating him with Polnareff.

So if it was Dire who lived, it makes you wonder how Battle Tendency would have ended. Since it was Straights who taught Lisa Lisa after all.

Also people are apparently associating him with Polnareff.
Dire would have probably tried the split attack against Stroheim, only to end up locked up in a freezer and dying

Top Bottom