• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Kthulhu

We got weaponised sound effects. JoJo has become self aware, everybody pray, judgement day is upon us.

For real, if they made The Lock this awesome, the villain who shall not be named will literally be the greatest villain of all time. And so will that other villain to be honest. And that hero? Like, just, a lot of good shits on the way.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Tizoc

Someone asks you what JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is about
You show them this screenshot
ChzDxyMXAAA1t-r.jpg

BTW I may suggest skipping the next episode and watching ti along with Ep. 8, mainly as the episode hardly has any major impact going forward. It's fun for what it is but some may feel it as filler.

Finally, Echos is released.

Good episode. Felt about as compact and light as the manga chapters. Good job on David Pro for making this series stand out in a big way.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Episode was so fucking good. Loved how they animated Echoes. David Pro is doing an amazing job with this adaption.

Fandangox

Yeah an interesting thing about Part 4 is that you can get fights like The Lock because The Lock isn't actually a super dangerous life threatening Stand. If he tried it on Jotaro he'd just get his head caved in but Koichi is way more naive and gentle. Not every fight is a deathmatch between the good guy and the evil guy, some fights are just a struggle between a slimy piece of shit and the good guy.

Boy II Man, Cheap Trick and Earth Wind and Fire are gonna be amazing.

ChzDxyMXAAA1t-r.jpg

Nah man, you show them this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4m42HOdsUc

That was a perfect adaption! Great episode from start to finish !
The best part is that I don't really remember this part very well till the final chapters so I don't know what the episode will be about for the most part.

Permanently A

That was a perfect adaption! Great episode from start to finish !
The best part is that I don't really remember this part very well till the final chapters so I don't know what the episode will be about for the most part.

Same here! I didn't even remember that Echoes would be unleashed this fight. Its really great, like experiencing a new part for the first time

Something that they sadly didn't do (which is a shame since they did the same with Iggy's changing from ugly dog to weird person dog) is that Tamami's appearance changes from the beginning of his appearance to the end of the fight.

n5JbKRQ.png

8SBFM1V.png

Koichi beat him so hard that he shrank.

(This also happens with another villain, who goes from Josuke height to Koichi height, but there it was separated by a lot of chapters to the point that if you forgot his name you'd be like, "Who is this guy???")

Guess Who

Banned
Something that they sadly didn't do (which is a shame since they did the same with Iggy's changing from ugly dog to weird person dog) is that Tamami's appearance changes from the beginning of his appearance to the end of the fight.

n5JbKRQ.png

8SBFM1V.png

(This also happens with another villain, who goes from Josuke height to Koichi height, but there it was separated by a lot of chapters to the point that if you forgot his name you'd be like, "Who is this guy???")

Araki really loved using that hair texture in DIU, didn't he? Josuke, Okuyasu, and Tamami all have that texture in their hair.

Tunahead

ChzDxyMXAAA1t-r.jpg

BTW I may suggest skipping the next episode and watching ti along with Ep. 8, mainly as the episode hardly has any major impact going forward. It's fun for what it is but some may feel it as filler.

I disagree completely. The Surface encounter does quite a lot over a very short period of time. It's kind of a showcase of Morioh and the way Stand powers and Stand fights evolve in Diamond Is Unbreakable.

convo

n5JbKRQ.png

8SBFM1V.png

Honestly looking consistent is just fine for me, i mean Tamami's size difference is really stupid. Maybe i'd argue something different for specific parts but having standardized sizes for the characters makes it look less like" quality animation" we are used to in low quality anime episodes.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Koichi's stand is hella neat. I wonder if part 4 will be a one-man show with Josuke beating everyone or whether Okuyasu and Koichi have some good fights as well. That was my main gripe with part 3, as both Jotaro and Polnareff would have all the good fights and Kakyoin and Joseph only 1 or 2 memorable ones at most. Advol I don't even remember if he had an encounter where he made a difference.

So the power to repair things, the power to close the gap between things, and the power of sound effects which can seemingly influence people on a subconscious level. The main cast has a nice variety of powers which could lead to a lot of fun scenarios.

I'll admit I still prefer part 3 because I liked the set up of globe trotting adventure to get to Dio more then shenanigans in a small town. Having said that David Pro every season cranks up what I'll call the jojo style another 10 notches and part 4 really stands out visually because of it. At the end of the day it's still JoJo and the whole thing is just fantastic and DavidPro is the perfect studio to adapt it.

ionitron

new anime smug

b5c.jpg

but yeah great episode, DP really made the lock just better

Oh god, loved this, I didn't know Koichi could have this kind of attitude, I'm excited to see him more now. I didn't expect him to get a deeper voice, either, lol.

I liked Koichi alright in the manga, but I feel like he's so much more dimensional than I really gave him credit for.

Zekes!

Man I really loved the beat that started bumping when Koichi hit his mom with his stand. Being animated really does his stand justice.

Man I might have to get around to watching the first three parts. I haven't watched anime in a long time, but Part 4 of Jojo has always been my favourite and I couldn't help myself.

From what I've heard, Araki's art (at least for faces) evolves into all looking very similar as the series moves forward. Does anyone think this presents a problem in adaptation of further seasons? Is the art such that David Pro would almost have to redefine the way certain characters look themselves?

From what I've heard, Araki's art (at least for faces) evolves into all looking very similar as the series moves forward. Does anyone think this presents a problem in adaptation of further seasons? Is the art such that David Pro would almost have to redefine the way certain characters look themselves?

I doubt it'll present too much problems.

I mean, Jotaro is a fine example. He looks different here than in comparison to Part III, but he still manages to look good.

Doubt it

The guys behind All Star Battle manage to do so with out deviating a lot from their original artstyle(s) just fine for the parts in question. So no, they'll be fine.

The guys behind All Star Battle manage to do so with out deviating a lot from their original artstyle(s) just fine for the parts in question. So no, they'll be fine.

Cool, I'm glad to hear it. I'm loving this series so much, and I'm avoiding the manga because this is one of those where the colors and music choices are adding so MUCH.

Episode 6

That was a very tightly paced episode. I didn't expect them to get The Lock encounter done that fast. It was nice seeing the fight animated, and I think David Pro did a great job adapting a power I wasn't sure would translate well to the screen. I also laughed a lot more than I expected to; the voice acting is really improving the show.

Can't wait until Surface.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
why these eps gotta be so short

so tempted to read the manga but it's fun having no idea what the next ep will be about...

dani_dc

Best episode of Ace Attorney so far.

Quite a great episode, amazing pace, Koichi voice change was perfect, and I'm loving Koichi theme.

n5JbKRQ.png

8SBFM1V.png

This was the one thing that disappointed me during this episode, noticed it right when he showed up "Uh, wasn't he supposed to be huge when introduced before shrinking down?"

Oh god, loved this, I didn't know Koichi could have this kind of attitude, I'm excited to see him more now. I didn't expect him to get a deeper voice, either, lol.

I liked Koichi alright in the manga, but I feel like he's so much more dimensional than I really gave him credit for.

Same here, this episode made me appreciate Koichi a lot more.

why these eps gotta be so short

so tempted to read the manga but it's fun having no idea what the next ep will be about...

Just stick with the anime, no point reading the manga now after waiting until adaptation started.

Kurtofan

ChzDxyMXAAA1t-r.jpg

what the. how is it filler if it's in the manga?? don't skip any episodes

Top Bottom