• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Astral

Man, there were parts of this episode I couldn't watch. I've been fine with pretty much everything that's been shown in Part 4, as far as the gory injuries go. I didn't bat an eye when Josuke was coughing up blood in Episode 1, but I did feel queasy when Okuyasu was getting his face torn apart by Worse Bad Company. Angelo getting a mouthful of muzzle was disturbing, but I realize that's just a reoccurring theme of making the villains outright bastards when they go out of their way to harm animals.

But that guy was forced to put out his own eye with a mechanical pencil? FUCK NOPE I'M OUTTA HERE SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

Anyway, I'm glad Koichi doesn't look like a total meme factory, now that Echoes is in the intro with him. As far as design goes, I like how Echoes looks like an alien parasite, & the calligraphy brush attached to it's tail is a nice touch. It was weird the stand started out hatching from an egg, though.

By the way, who's the chick with the jet black curly hair? She appeared in the opening intro and in this episode, so I'd assume she plays an important role with being a whiny air head somewhere down the line, huh?

That's Yukako Yamagishi and next week she is in love.

So I finally caught up to most of the episodes and I have to say Production David is doing justice for Part 4. Everything feels slick and absolutely comfy especially the visuals. Also Josuke is one of the best Jojo protagonist, up there with Joseph.

I can't wait for the Italian restaurant episode to happen.

When It does I'm gonna need an avatar of him with Gordon Ramsay's face on it

Blues1990

Ahahaha...

Just wait and see.

Well, given that she blushed when she saw Koichi passing by, I assumed she has a thing for him. Hopefully she turns out to be legitimately cool, but why doesn't it surprise me she has a stand, given how the Part 4 crew seem to have the worse luck imaginable when it comes to such things?

Well, given that she blushed when she saw Koichi passing by, I assumed she has a thing for him. Hopefully she turns out to be legitimately cool, but why doesn't it surprise me she has a stand, given how the Part 4 crew seem to have the worse luck imaginable when it comes to such things?

Just watch and enjoy.

Watch.

And enjoy.

Nightbird

Stand Name: Rat a Tat

Stand Ability: [Optimal Finesse](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Optimal_Finesse)

Power - C

Speed - D

Range - E

Durability - A

Precision - C

Potential - A

Description: The ability to employ any/all acquired skills at their most efficient form and utilize them in ways that are effective enough to realize your objectives. The user can use all their skills to their highest potential. This effectively lowers any chance of failing to complete a set task or risks that may result in an undesirable outcome. The user of this ability has complete and utter control over their skills and instinctively knows which of their abilities will best suit any number of situations.

Thats one sweet Stand right here!

Stand Name: Guilty Conscience

Stand Ability: [Light Embodiment](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Embodiment)

Power - E

Speed - B

Range - A

Durability - A

Precision - E

Potential - A

Description: The ability to become the embodiment of Light. Variation of Power Manifestation. Opposite to Darkness Embodiment. Users become the living representation or personification of light along with its concepts of purity and immaculate nature. The users are able to use all of the light's powers whether holy, divine or supernatural in a different level. Users can convert this light power into an energy and use it as a full source to extend their powers or create something that becomes a weapon. As...

I am the fucking light now what

Squishy3

It's ok
alot can't handle forced self harm
This is what I meant when I was talking about how the violence in Jojo's is sometimes grotesque in a different way than just extreme hyper-violence like Fist of the North Star or MD Geist or what have you.

It cuts deep on a personal level because it's not completely out of reality, making it even more effective in eliciting the reaction that makes you want to cover your eyes or look away.

There's also more often than not eye-related violence in the beginning of Jojo's. Dio jamming his thumb into Jonathan's eye during the "friendly" boxing match, Kakyoin controlling that nurse in the beginning of Stardust Crusaders and using her fountain pen to stab out other students' eyes and attempting to stab Jotaro with it, and now this. :p

Thud

Stand Name: 52 Girls

Stand Ability: [Ice Shield Construction](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Ice_Shield_Construction)

Power - C

Speed - C

Range - C

Durability - C

Precision - D

Potential - A

Description: The ability to create shields out of ice. Sub-power of Cryokinetic Constructs. Variation of Water Shield Construction. The user can create shields of varying shapes and sizes out of the ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FyLcHxbSRk

and another great one:

Stand Name: Reckoner

Stand Ability: [Blood Attacks](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Attacks)

Power - B

Speed - E

Range - B

Durability - B

Precision - B

Potential - A

Description: The ability to release/use blood to various attacks. Sub-power of Blood Manipulation, variation of Organic Attacks. The user can release/use blood to attacks of various shapes and/or intensities, either projected, used as a part of melee attacks, etc.

Numb

This is what I meant when I was talking about how the violence in Jojo's is sometimes grotesque in a different way than just extreme hyper-violence like Fist of the North Star or MD Geist or what have you.

It cuts deep on a personal level because it's not completely out of reality, making it even more effective in eliciting the reaction that makes you want to cover your eyes or look away.

There's also more often than not eye-related violence in the beginning of Jojo's. Dio jamming his thumb into Jonathan's eye during the "friendly" boxing match, Kakyoin controlling that nurse in the beginning of Stardust Crusaders and using her fountain pen to stab out other students' eyes and attempting to stab Jotaro with it, and now this. :p

Jojo doesn't shy away
Like the animal cruelty establishing how much of a dick the bad guys are
How are you supposed to know someone is bad enough unless they kick a dog or bite it's face off
Helps

How come Josuke needed to be in visual range of Surface for movement copying to take effect, but the dude at the beginning of the episode was nowhere near the Stand when it forced him to gauge his own eye out?

Sesha

I've got ya'll stands beat

Stand Name: The Terrible Beautypower of Meow

Stand Ability: [Dream Imprisonment](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Imprisonment)

Power - B

Speed - C

Range - D

Durability - A

Precision - D

Potential - A

Description: Power to trap people inside dreams. Sub-power of Dream Manipulation. User can create a false reality/illusion in dreams and trap people into either the users or the targets dreams/nightmares. The target's body may stay in waking while their mind/soul is trapped or it may disappear into dream as well.

Stand Name: Naked In Front of the Computer

Stand Ability: [Power Infusion](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Infusion)

Power - B

Speed - C

Range - B

Durability - B

Precision - D

Potential - D

Description: The ability to fuse oneself with any power or being inside of object, beings or powers. Users are able to fuse themselves with a power/creature inside object, beings or powers to combine their physical attributes with that of the creature or power. The complete acceptance and reliability of the contained power or creature is sometimes required to initiate the ability itself. The ending result being the user becoming many times more powerful and achieving enormous levels of energy. Users will...

NEO0MJ

How come Josuke needed to be in visual range of Surface for movement copying to take effect, but the dude at the beginning of the episode was nowhere near the Stand when it forced him to gauge his own eye out?

Its JoJo, funny plot points come with the territory. Still, this makes more sense than what Kakyoin was doing when he was first revealed.

Astral

Its JoJo, funny plot points come with the territory. Still, this makes more sense than what Kakyoin was doing when he was first revealed.

That guy was friends with Hazamada so I wouldn't he surprised if the creep snuck in inside his house. And I always interpreted what Kakyoin was doing as simply attacking with Hierophant Green just as he painted the streak in Jotaro's leg all for dramatic effect. Or it could be that Araki changed his mind on his ability halfway through the chapter.

NEO0MJ

That guy was friends with Hazamada so I wouldn't he surprised if the creep snuck in inside his house. And I always interpreted what Kakyoin was doing as simply attacking with Hierophant Green just as he painted the streak in Jotaro's leg all for dramatic effect. Or it could be that Araki changed his mind on his ability halfway through the chapter.

That's what I meant. He probably had an idea of what the stand does at the start but hasn't figured out the other details.

That doesn't explain why Jotaro didn't see the attack at all. His leg just magically gets a cut from the painting.

Araki definitely changed Kakyoin's stand ability.

Riposte

To be honest, I was kind of iffy on Part 4 up until after this arc, with this and the previous arc being the most off-putting (with annoying villains). IIRC, I really started liking it after Surface though.

Astral

Is there a compilation of all the metaphors (is that what they are? I need to take an English class again)? Stuff like:

"It's as inevitable as belching after drinking cola."

"Fetch my leg like a flight attending bringing caviar to a first class passenger!"

"Such thinking is as compelling as rat shit in a bathroom."

Skrams

Is there a compilation of all the metaphors (is that what they are? I need to take an English class again)? Stuff like:

"It's as inevitable as belching after drinking cola."

"Fetch my leg like a flight attending bringing caviar to a first class passenger!"

"Such thinking is as compelling as rat shit in a bathroom."

Those are similes.

Simile - My dick is like a diamond.

Metaphor - My dick is diamonds.

I think?

cntr

Banned

Araki gets a lot of his ideas from horror movies and books, so it makes sense for Jojo violence to be creepy in that way.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The funny thing is that Okuyasu could have solved a lot of the plot in today's ep but he needs to be away for some odd reason lol

Jigolo

So what exactly are the Jojonium copies of the manga? I'm tempted to buy Battle Tendency since it's my favorite. How many volumes is it?

edit: nvm 7 volumes is too much and I read about them. Don't got the space.

edit: wait a minute it's only 4. gonna cop

So what exactly are the Jojonium copies of the manga? I'm tempted to buy Battle Tendency since it's my favorite. How many volumes is it?

Amazon sells pre-orders on them usually for about 14$

Woah nevermind, Volume 4 is 11$. Buying that right now.

They're super nice. I have all 3 Part 1 volumes, they're nice and bigger than normal tankobons, little longer too. Definitely worth it.

Kthulhu

Stand Name: Get Lucky

Stand Ability: [Empathic Shapeshifting](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Empathic_Shapeshifting)

Power - E

Speed - B

Range - D

Durability - A

Precision - B

Potential - A

Description: The power to shapeshift to any shape in response to one's emotions. A variation of Shapeshifting. The user can shapeshift via their emotions. If they feel loved, they will become beautiful, or if they feel anger or fear, they will turn hideous.

Stand Name: Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go

Stand Ability: [Willpower Aura](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Willpower_Aura)

Power - A

Speed - E

Range - C

Durability - E

Precision - A

Potential - D

Description: The power to generate aura based on willpower. Sub-power of Ambition Manipulation. Variation of Emotion Aura. The user can generate aura of willpower that can amplify/induce will on beings inside their aura and gain power from the emotions.

Stand Name: Uptown Funk

Stand Ability: [Appendage Generation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Appendage_Generation)

Power - B

Speed - B

Range - B

Durability - C

Precision - B

Potential - C

Description: The ability to generate extra body parts, either on one's body or other surfaces. Sub-power of Body Manipulation. Opposite of Atrophy. The user has or can generate extra body parts, such as arms, legs, mouths, eyes, etc., on themselves, others or any other surface.

Love this stand generator.

petran79

Banned
Nice episode but the CR subtitle names are even worse than part 3. Even the common stand names are changed for no apparent reason. Even simple and generic names like Crazy Diamond, Echoes and Surface They overdid it with those licensing issues.
I'll watch the fansubbed version from now on.

It reminds me of documentaries where they blur out posters and product brand names. But at least there names are mentioned in the subs.

Nice episode but the CR subtitle names are even worse than part 3. Even the common stand names are changed for no apparent reason. Even simple and generic names like Crazy Diamond, Echoes and Surface They overdid it with those licensing issues.

It reminds me of documentaries where they blur out posters and product brand names. But at least there names are mentioned in the subs.

Crazy Diamond isn't a generic name.

This is a complaint I don't think I'm ever going to get.

They have the change them, and even then, just listen to the words coming out of the characters mouths when they use their stands. It's easy.

ZA HANDO shall never die

Blues1990

What's really weird, is that not all the names are currently trademarked. Seriously, would anyone get incredibly puffy if a character that goes by the name of "Gold Experience"? Or Pet Shop? Polnareff is just a surname, but they went to change it to Eiffle?!

I mean, I understand the company doing the localization might have very well changed the names to avoid a legal fight they couldn't afford, even if they were certain to prevail in the end. But instead of going by musical references that are tied to the character, they just decided to put in stupid referential jokes regardless of if it fits the character.

This is a complaint I don't think I'm ever going to get.

They have the change them, and even then, just listen to the words coming out of the characters mouths when they use their stands. It's easy.

ZA HANDO shall never die

It is kind of like people bitching about how bad Netflix is for blocking VPNs when content producers pretty much forced them.

The desire to misblame is strong.

What's really weird, is that not all the names are currently trademarked. Seriously, would anyone get incredibly puffy if a character that goes by the name of "Gold Experience"? Or Pet Shop? Polnareff is just a surname, but they went to change it to Eiffle?!

I mean, I understand the company doing the localization might have very well changed the names to avoid a legal fight they couldn't afford, even if they were certain to prevail in the end. But instead of going by musical references that are tied to the character, they just decided to put in stupid referential jokes regardless of if it fits the character.

Didn't CR use both Polnareff and Pet Shop?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just don't understand why Surface had to be renamed. Can someone really claim a character sharing a common english word with a song name is trademark infringement?

Squishy3

I just don't understand why Surface had to be renamed. Can someone really claim a character sharing a common english word with a song name is trademark infringement?
When everything in the show is also named after band/song references... Yes.

It just falls down a slippery slope if you let one through you sort of just need to start letting everything through and then all it takes is one litigious person or label.

Polnareff and Pet Shop are different (and Robert Edward O. Speedwagon) because they have attempts at actual names, ie Polnareff isn't Michael Polnareff, he's Jean-Pierre Polnareff and Polnareff is an actual last name. Pet Shop isn't Pet Shop Boys, he's just Pet Shop.

And then Speedwagon's initials just happen to be R.E.O Speedwagon, nobody ever calls him that.

Having Surface be Surface next to Stands like Red Hot Chili Peppers or Bad Company or Aqua Necklace (not to mention future Stands I can't talk about) someone somewhere would probably eventually end up pursuing legal action. The big thing is all these name changes are/were previously approved by Araki for All-Star Battle, as he didn't want something like Heritage for the Future to happen where Vanilla Ice became Iced

Grexeno

Probably when literally everything else is a more obvious direct music name, trying to argue that Surface isn't wouldn't fly.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
IIRC how it works is when it comes to names, there has to be proof given that the name could be mistaken for the real thing---so, in reality, no one would ever confuse characters in an anime for the songs they're named for.

But, I've heard the crux of the issue is how costly going to court over claims could be in the U.S., so they're just being extra cautious to not have to deal with headaches. I've heard Araki is very against name changes, or he was in the past, and I really do wonder if DavePro is fucking with the subs now by tossing in the nameplate in this episode displaying "Surface".

Desi

From Audio Karate's Lady Melody album
Stand Name: Aim To Please

Stand Ability: [Divine Weaponry](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Weaponry)

Power - D

Speed - A

Range - E

Durability - A

Precision - E

Potential - E

Description: The ability to wield and/or create any divine weapon. Opposite power to Demonic Weaponry. The user is able to create and wield any kind of weapon of godlike powers as well as making that weapon the only possible thing in the universe able of wounding them. The weapon can also grant user special powers of any kind, make them invincible and even reach the same level of power of as deity making it possible for the user to hurt an god.

Top Bottom