• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

MrHoot

This is equal parts hilarious and horrifying, they did an excellent job.

I got weirded out by the OP remix tho. That came out of nowhere ?

This is equal parts hilarious and horrifying, they did an excellent job.

I got weirded out by the OP remix tho. That came out of nowhere ?
The EDM arrange is on the CD that anyone outside Japan isn't allowed to have, so a lot of people have never heard it before.

I honestly didn't think theyd use it for the OP, and that it was just a little bonus on the CD

Blues1990

I just finished watching Episode 8. The characterization is super strong, and hearing pea-brained Okuyasu freaking out at Kukako's confession was hilarious. Doubled when he looked from left to right, while holding that exaggerated shocked expression, which slayed me.

As for Kukako, I was honestly expecting her to be like several of the past female characters in the previous chapters, specifically Erina Pendleton. While Kukako was overly bubbly, & I was expecting her to have a deeper voice, this made up for how she can go from sweet and kind to becoming downright horrific so effortlessly. She was an emotional time bomb waiting to go off, & David Productions captured that trait instantly. At certain points, Kukako reminded me of a female version of Part 2's Kars. And while I was right with Kukako being a Stand user, I didn't expect her Stand to be similar to the likes of Purple Hermit, where it doesn't physically manifest in a humanoid form & stays hidden from view. It must suck when she gets a hair cut, though.

xQvQvsY.gif
This is gonna get some usage.

Fantastic episode, and probably my favorite episode of Duwang is Not Crash thus far

Sou Da

I just finished watching Episode 8. The characterization is super strong, and hearing pea-brained Okuyasu freaking out at Kukako's confession was hilarious. Doubled when he looked from left to right, while holding that exaggerated shocked expression, which slayed me.

As for Kukako, I was honestly expecting her to be like several of the past female characters in the previous chapters, specifically Erina Pendleton. While Kukako was overly bubbly, & I was expecting her to have a deeper voice, this made up for how she can go from sweet and kind to becoming downright horrific so effortlessly. She was an emotional time bomb waiting to go off, & David Productions captured that trait instantly. At certain points, Kukako reminded me of a female version of Part 2's Kars. And while I was right with Kukako being a Stand user, I didn't expect her Stand to be similar to the likes of Purple Hermit, where it doesn't physically manifest in a humanoid form & stays hidden from view. It must suck when she gets a hair cut, though.

Yukako*

Oooo, cool new OP! Oooo, Okuyasu and Josuke buddy time! Oooo, yandere Filia!

100% perfect. I wish we could have seen Josuke and Okuyasu's stand experimentation - I assume they've fooled around with each other's powers, hence the knowledge that Crazy Diamond can't 'fix' The Hand's effects. I suppose it could have just been a logical leap - The Hand makes it so whatever it erases never was, hence nothing to fix - but I much prefer the idea of the two of them hanging out somewhere, trashing and remaking the scenery.

CDiggity

I wonder how full my reaction face folder will be after this series ends, hell even after the first 1/3 or so. So many good faces.

Okuyasu truly is best JoBro.

She has no clue he is a Stand user. All he needs to do is hide behind the door, while setting up a sound echo somewhere hidden in the room. Away from the door. Then have it go off. Make it his voice or some shit. Have it come from various hiding places in the room. While she searches, sneak the fuck out.

Episode 8

Well, we finally got to teenage Yandere Annie Wilkes. This was a good episode. I was laughing my ass off when Okuyasu and Josuke were suggesting how Koichi could make himself revolting to Yukako, as well as the "Koichi really steals? No dignity!" scene. I can't wait to see Part 2 of this arc.

katagai

With the gross/messed up things that have happened during previous parts, I was expecting dog shit to be under one of those boxes.

jett

D-Member
This is the scariest character I've seen in JoJo yet LOL. What an amazing this season this is.

I don't understand how an insane person like this can become part of the main cast, which I assume she does due to her prominence in the OP. Why did they change the OP anyway?

With the gross/messed up things that have happened during previous parts, I was expecting dog shit to be under one of those boxes.

It is kind of bullshit how the first set of punishment boxes were an eraser and some other inedible thing, but the second set was normal food wrapped in small pieces of paper. Like... you can eat paper.

FluxWaveZ

I don't understand how an insane person like this can become part of the main cast, which I assume she does due to her prominence in the OP. Why did they change the OP anyway?

Bringing up the Palm comparison again from HxH, they're both fairly similar and Palm does become a prominent character in that show after her introduction.

tumblr_ms52n15gn71rhv8lio2_500.gif

Though I dunno if Yukako will after this all blows over. I'm guessing she'll have the same frequency of appearances as that small dude with the money chest stand so far.

jstripes

Banned
Bringing up early next ED arguing.

If they're going with late-'90s pop from long-forgotten bands, I nominate:

Len - Steal My Sunshine

Eat it, Shrek lovers.

Matsukaze

Bringing up early next ED arguing.

If they're going with late-'90s pop from long-forgotten bands, I nominate:

Len - Steal My Sunshine

Eat it, Shrek lovers.
My gut tells me the ED for the second half of Part 4 is going to be rock. Say, British rock. Perhaps, a thematically appropriate British rock song released in 1980.

Just a hunch.

EDIT: Well, less hunch and more my personal wish lol.

Neoxon

My gut tells me the ED for the second half of Part 4 is going to be rock. Say, British rock. Perhaps, a thematically appropriate British rock song released in 1980.

Just a hunch.

I thought Killer Queen was released in the 70's? Unless you mean Another One Bites the Dust.

Grexeno

Just a hunch.

You mean a song that undoubtedly costs more to license then David Pro could ever hope to afford?

Top Bottom