• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

I've already forgot much of Part 3. Iggy/Avdol/Kakyoin : (

I don't know how Polnareff survived it all. He was the one char whose life was at risk the most.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, legally, there's zero issue for them to use the original names.

What's an issue is the legal costs. In the US system, where your victory is years away and you need to constantly be paying for your lawyers? Those would ruin Crunchyroll.

jstripes

Banned
See I don't mind that reasoning, but the episode itself outright used the word Surface on screen.

They kind of have to let that slip when dealing with a simulcast.

Then there's stuff in the opening animation, like "Crazy Diamond", that they can let slip due to lack of context.

Used Rush album Permanent Waves:

Stand Name: Freewill

Stand Ability: [Absolute Attack](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Attack)

Power - D

Speed - E

Range - E

Durability - C

Precision - D

Potential - C

Description: The power to use attacks that cannot be blocked by any means. Opposite to Absolute Defense. User can create/use attacks that cannot be blocked, reduced, negated or deflected by any means, defenses, armor and immunity. This ability is not dependent on physical factors like strength, but is instead based on the properties of the attack.

Just used Deftones with Koi No Yokan...Holy shit:

Stand Name: Graphic Nature

Stand Ability: [Volcanic Lordship](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Volcanic_Lordship)

Power - B

Speed - D

Range - B

Durability - B

Precision - E

Potential - D

Description: The power to hold domain over volcanoes and all volcanic terrain. Variation of Personal Domain. The user has authority and control over volcanoes, be it all or a select few, and volcanic terrain.

JulianImp

Why are we posting abilities pulled at random from some supepower database and slapping some A-F ranks on stuff to top it all off, again? I know things are slow during the week, but seeing the thread get clogged up with RNG stuff is a bit of a letdown.

I'm really liking how stands are already getting more bizarre and specific than in Part 3, since seeing creative ways of using very specific abilities is more appealing, and giving the main cast weird stands as well (outside of Jousuke's being yet another Start Platinum with a slight but still pretty interesting twist) means fights have been getting more bizarre and entertaining.

Why are we posting abilities pulled at random from some supepower database and slapping some A-F ranks on stuff to top it all off, again? I know things are slow during the week, but seeing the thread get clogged up with RNG stuff is a bit of a letdown.

I'm really liking how stands are already getting more bizarre and specific than in Part 3, since seeing creative ways of using very specific abilities is more appealing, and giving the main cast weird stands as well (outside of Jousuke's being yet another Start Platinum with a slight but still pretty interesting twist) means fights have been getting more bizarre and entertaining.
Cause some of these random bullshit stands are fucking hilarious.

JulianImp

Cause some of these random bullshit stands are fucking hilarious.

But they're just a superpower from some database that has nothing to do with stands! It'd be interesting if it was actually built in ways that fit stands more (referencing user and stand), but it's just like a generic superpower lottery with JoJo-style stand stats tacked in.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seriously, they do a disservice to how creative Stands can get...

I love making my own Stands though but thinking of more off-beat powers rather than pulling them from a generator. My favorite off-beat idea was a Stand that can cause an object to move back to a point in space where it was a few seconds ago, but doesn't actually revert the object to the shape it was in. So you break a glass bottle into multiple pieces, you can then move all the pieces back to the space for form the shape of the bottle but it'd still be cracked and shatter. Offensively you could use this to cause an object to get trapped inside a person if they move into the space the object was inhabiting during that time. I call it "Fame Monster".

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
They kind of have to let that slip when dealing with a simulcast.

Then there's stuff in the opening animation, like "Crazy Diamond", that they can let slip due to lack of context.

It makes me wonder how closeley david pro works with the teams localizing the series for the west. They could easily get on-screen text like that localized, but I'm guessing the problem is more on the japan side than on the west. It's literally just substituting some frames of already made animation. If its digital it's probably as easy as typing text in a photoshop layer.

But its hard to say w/o knowing the pipeline.

NEO0MJ

Seriously, they do a disservice to how creative Stands can get...

I love making my own Stands though but thinking of more off-beat powers rather than pulling them from a generator. My favorite off-beat idea was a Stand that can cause an object to move back to a point in space where it was a few seconds ago, but doesn't actually revert the object to the shape it was in. So you break a glass bottle into multiple pieces, you can then move all the pieces back to the space for form the shape of the bottle but it'd still be cracked and shatter. Offensively you could use this to cause an object to get trapped inside a person if they move into the space the object was inhabiting during that time. I call it "Fame Monster".

Araki already did this.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, the hint of her affection was towards Koichi and not Josuke. Totally assumed Josuke until seeing that. Last shots reminded me of Palm from HxH:
zGoJk7t.png

I really can't wait till the anime gets further along because there are some pretty bullshit and creative stands in Part 4.

I'm also curious on how they're going to do one specific scene in the series.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
David Pro nailed it. Yukako is awesome. (Also what was up with the different op arrangement? Did they do that for more time?)

I was NOT expecting them to change the opening song to what I assume is the remix that was included in the cd release.

That aside, I thought the adaptation of these chapters was perfect. Yukako <3

Never knew being a Koichi fan would be t his painful, one bad situation after another.

Is the stand affecting her or is she really this obsessive and crazy normally, some of these moments were disgusting yet also weird and nauseating. Though I did kind of chuckle there
her faces at the boxes and how Koichi fell for it, I couldnt.

I agree with her though.
Ci6eWbNUgAEMNHn.jpg
Ci6h5JKWEAADmot.jpg

Too soon.
Ci6iNzTWYAAiG2B.jpg

Diamond is Unbreakable 08

For me and many others, this is the first truly fantastic arc of Diamond is Unbreakable - and from here on its nothing but fantastic. My standards for David Production are now extremely high. Part 4 has been such a step up from an already top class series, and it is arguable that the Part 4 material that has been adapted thus far is actually superior to the manga.

So how does the episode stack up?

WELL IT FUCKIN' OWNS.

Araki is a horror fan, and the inspiration for Yukako is obvious with her long black hair. But instead of the villain being The Blob or the killer car Christine, its just a high school girl. Who's fucking crazy. Like Annie Wilkes in Misery but less serious. Someone dangerous, but not someone you could just straight up kill like the villain in Part 3. This to me is the biggest draw of Part 4 and what separates it from Part 3 - each fight isn't a life or death scenario (although some certainly are) because the focus is on this singular town filled with regular people. By JoJo standards at least. So the fights, more like encounters you get are soooooooooooo much more varied. You can even have Stands that aren't particular to fighting like Love Deluxe that are just...creepy.

Matsukaze

Episode 8:

Was not ready for the opening. Strange they changed it, even if it's a remix. It's not that great.

Praise Araki! Yukako is here! So good! Whoever her VA is, she did a great job. I remember reading the Yukako chapters and instinctively knowing that Part 4 was going to turn out better than anything that came before it (and I was right).

Episode was excellent. Animation on the hair was great and Yukako's vicious/angry face is perfection. DavidPro can't be stopped.

FluxWaveZ

What Koichi should have done is ask her to be part of their little enemy stand hunting group at the condition she doesn't freak out at anyone who interacts with him. They'd gain a new partner and she'd get to be closer to Koichi at all times. Win-win.

PK Gaming

Episode 8

So Yukako is pretty revolting, but watching this didn't make me physically angry like before when I read the manga which is a major plus. The fact that Yukako somewhat looks cute (she looked like Kars in the manga) and her voice acting go a long way in making it more enjoyable. Direction was on point, and the slice of life moments with Josuke/Okuyasa was fun.

Extremely excited for part 2.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good episode, I could totally see where the "your feeling I feel deeply" line comes from. Yukako's stand power was spoiled for me previously but nevertheless it still was fun to see her crazy motives for using it. Also, kill that OP remix with fire.

(she looked like Kars in the manga)

LOL

Sou Da

I am shocked that DTL didn't take Josuke saying that he agrees to be that he agrees with Yukako about Koichi being cute. Shocked.

Madao

i already knew about Yukako from playing the Eyes of Heaven game but seeing her in action was still nice since that game has almost no material from the manga's story (it's a lot of "what if" scenarios)

she's pretty scary.

For whatever reason I pictured Yukako having a deeper voice even when she was acting cutesy. Still love the performance though. Specifically the "Ahhhh~"s. Gonna have to ask David to not use that EDM arrange again.

I love this face though

Astral

Shit David Pro keeps delivering. This was really fucking good. They captured that manga panel perfectly. DiU far surpasses SC at this point. Also I hope that the remix isn't permanent. It'd be cool if they alternate or something.

Man, if Koichi had just accepted her offer at the cafe, this wouldn't have escalated so badly.

She still would have been crazy, but at least he might have gotten laid.

Top Bottom